youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 3800/X - Best for gaming, launching 7/7
>R9 3900X/3950X - Budget HEDT or gaming+streaming on a single PC, launching in September
>Threadripper - HEDT

>Intel CPUs are now defunct. Even used i7 workstations are no longer worthwhile due to vulnerabilities and related performance regression

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" link for true latency formula

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+
> 1660Ti / Vega56 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>used 1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>High end models of 2070 like the Strix have been on sale for ~$460
2160p (4k)
>Wait for better priced GPUs. 2080Ti is only 1.85x the performance for 4x the cost of a $300 GPU, and still only does 30fps in many games.

>RX 5700/XT is launching on 7/7. Nvidia Super soon as well. Wait for independent benchmarks if considering a >$300 GPU

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: f-faster RAM doesn't matter on intel I swear.jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/black-wd-elements-6tb/p/N82E16822232981
techpowerup.com/256700/intel-to-cut-prices-of-its-desktop-processors-by-15-in-response-to-ryzen-3000
blurbusters.com/freesync/list-of-freesync-monitors/
browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/compare/13607469?baseline=13567135
youtube.com/watch?v=h7JPDa3xgZg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ok asked in previous thread.

Hi guys, some advice please.
I have a Intel Skylake E3-1245 v5 3.5GHz 2x 8GB DDR4 ECC 2133mhz plus the motherboard for free.

This still good enough for modern gaming? No CPU bottleneck?
I have 1080p screen. Which graphic card would be good enough for playing at ultra and a bit future proof?
(1660TI or AMD alternatives)

Or does it have no use and better upgrade all the hardware?

QLC drive shouldn't be used a a main drive.
PSU seems kind of overpriced for what it is. or you can get a better one for the money on sale a lot of the time.
Don't get a >90W card with a milled heatsink like the paste says.
$380 for a 2060 is also really bad.
there are better 2070s for cheaper, unless the Strix is no longer on sale.

If you're getting Pascal at this point, get something cheap like used 1060 6GB. Anything more expensive and you're going to feel the planned obsolescence in them and how driver optimizations for new games have ceased more heavily.

>This still good enough for modern gaming?
Depends if you're going to leave HT enabled or not. It's so-so.
Or why don't you play new games with it yourself and see?
>GPU
It's going to bottleneck more than a 1660ti or Vega56 in a lot of games, if not those to begin with.

legos with screws

Attached: zZ86SqQ.jpg (891x717, 77K)

What GPU should I be buying in 2019? Assuming a 3-400 dollar budget where I maximize the value of my dollar?

>Intel CPUs are now defunct
Absolutely based and redpilled.

you don't need anything stronger than a 2060 or their amd equivalent for 1080p gaming
if you want to play at a higher res you'll have to shill out more than 400 bucks

>3800x best for gaming

Man are you going to be disappointed

>stronger single core
>Higher ipc
>better in gaming
choose all 3

What is the bare minimum to get into BIOS? Do you need to plug in SSD/HDD/RAM/CPU? I'm getting a B450 with a 3600X and need to update the BIOS in order to use the CPU and it would make things a lot easier if you don't have to put everything in and/or borrow a CPU just for a simple fucking BIOS upgrade.

How can USB flashing not be a standard in the year of our lord? I even had it on a cheapo Z97 years ago.

just get on of the motherboards that has a qflash feature

I build computer for ReactJS development and other web programming.
Should I wait for 7/7 or just grab 2600X?
I want at least 6 cores and 32GB of rams for my JS code.
Do I feel any benefit from 8 cores like 3700X?

wait

>QLC drive shouldn't be used a a main drive.
Why not? I just picked this one because it was the same GB/$ that your typical sata ssd while being faster. I've read that those intel ssd have some performance regressions while doing large transfers and that they get slower as they get filled with shit but that they are still faster than normal sata ssd. I guess that I'll look into getting him a 500gb samsung nvme or just a 1tb sata ssd.

Also, I picked that 2060 and 2070 because I've been told to avoid msi and gigabyte for the rtx cards. And EVGA it's always a safe bet. Which one should I get then? Also I picked the cheapest 1660ti I found in pcpartpicker because I think that for those budget cards it's better to get them at msrp or as close as possible because decent models get way to close in price to the 2060. BTW when do we get an official announcement for the super rtx cards?

AFAIK there aren't even any mitx boards that support the feature which is pretty odd seeing as it's a super basic feature. I think the only boards supporting it at all are the Crosshairs?

I'm kinda looking into buying a new pc to finally replace my 4690k+gtx1060 but holy shit the prices. Cpu's don't seem THAT bad but why the fuck are gpus so expensive?

>Intel CPUs are now defunct

That's a little fucking harsh. Any serious studies on performance differences before and after all mitigations are applied?

What are the most common monitor sizes? I need this for a thing that will help /pcbg/ choose the proper monitor.

Short answer: mining and lousy forecasts from greedy Nvidia meanwhile everyone buys their shit regardless of price just like with Apple. When the mining boom slowed down their sales tanked and the big price cuts being made are because they've finally realized people won't buy a $1500 GPU.

Can I fit a double width gpu and two pcie x1 cards on a msi x470 gaming pro carbon?

>but why the fuck are gpus so expensive?
nvidia had a monopoly and amd stopped undercutting to gain marketshare and is instead going for the same margins as nvidia
it's lame, prices will only get more fucked from here on out

GPUs prices are in a way, way better place than they were the last few years. You can now get an RX 590 or 1660 for $200, and both perform way better than the 580 or 1060 did for the same price. Only they're all widely available and aren't price jacked from mining.
24, 27, & 32

my mum bought me rmx 750 psu (thanks mum). what am i in for.

Attached: rm850x_wht_07.jpg (678x310, 61K)

A quiet and effecient high quality PSU. Way to go mom.

Thanks.

but you have new gpu, so you had to buy it for high price, so why are you so surprised?
you poor or something

i think my psu fan is clicking
how do i go about stopping this?

That's nice mum. Is she hot?

I wanna buy and aio cooler for my ryzen 2600x and i can't decide between the evga clc 280 and the fractal design c24, which of them would you recommend? also i have a pair of corsair ml140 on intake should i replace the stock fans of the cooler with them?

just buy a used i7 4770/4790 or equivalent xeon cpu for $50 and you'll be fine for the next few years at least.

get a used athlon or something on ebay, remember that more than just Ryzen chips can run on AM4

no

BLEACHED

ok, sounds good. i was struggling to build in the meshify c with non modular psu.

newegg.com/black-wd-elements-6tb/p/N82E16822232981

$100 for 6 TB HDD. If anyone wants to buy this on sale.

>faster
???? it's as slow as a typical HDD when nearly full. 80MB/s. Get your facts straight and stop reading advertising numbers.
Get a 3D-TLC drive.

They are defunct as they can't compete at ANY price point after Zen2 launch. Currently they can't compete in the $50-$300 range but they have their $485 offering.
And yes there has been tests. Gaming perf drops about 3-6% with security patches, while AMD's goes up in a number of titles thanks to the scheduler update by up to 15% or more.

>Cpu's don't seem THAT bad but why the fuck are gpus so expensive?
Nvidia is price fixing again.
They saw how much non-miners would pay when miners drove up prices. It wasn't only miners buying those expensive cards. They go their data to see what margins they could get and ran with it. They strong-arm retailers to not do large sales.

1660 is better than $250 1060 was, but still not that good.

Why is your mom buying you gifts? Is she hitting on you?

My computer has an I5-8400, 2133MHz RAM and RX 560 and shows enough room to upgrade to an RX 580; this website is pretty helpful but after comparing against the newer cards (Radeon VII) that are too big it looks like I'll wait til next year to build a really powerful machine and try out VR.
Also recently undervolted my processor on here and saved around 7°C or 44°F idle or otherwise so a good case and improved efficieny work well it seems.

Attached: small gaming pc.png (800x881, 277K)

So I got a vega 56 pulse, but it just fits into my itx case which chokes it to death, therefore its unusable. I have two options:

Get a new case
or
Get a waterblock for the gpu and add it my AIO loop.

The loop option will cost me close to $200 australian all up (waterblock, pipes, nuts and coolant), the disadvantage of which will be I'll have a $100 brick waterblock which no one will buy.

A new case will be anything between $100-200 (prioritizing airflow obviously), but the disadvantage is the itx case that I love will be sitting unused in a box.

I don't wanna resell the card since I really wanna upgrade, and v56 is the single best choice right now (I refuse to buy a new overpriced gpu). What do?

Attached: 1556955137431.gif (1266x1920, 1.75M)

Just get a cooler Master Elite 130 for like $50.

Is it expected for there being anything with better value than a 300€ vega56 in the price-range during the next few months or should I just grab one when there's still stock? The super cards don't seem very convincing

Attached: Nintenthots.jpg (768x1024, 132K)

So if you look on the subreddit for canadian hardware deals, there is a discussion about some Canadian employees leaking info about ryzen and apparently the new chips are going to be hard to come by at first.

Also, they are $280 for 3600; $330 for 3600x, etc. So about $20 above conversion.

Also, that particular store isn't doing preorders. Preorders might not be available to Canadians?

HOLY SHIT NVIDIA JUST FLEW OVER MY HOUSE

Nope, you miss it and it's gone.
2060 super is being priced exactly in between the standard 2060 and 2070 so they don't have to drop price on the old 2060.

techpowerup.com/256700/intel-to-cut-prices-of-its-desktop-processors-by-15-in-response-to-ryzen-3000

Took them long enough to respond.

Preorders for previous ryzen gens went live 1 week before launch. I'd expect them on the 1st with a few early NDA breaking reviews and a lot more benches very soon after.

I need to be able to fit my aio though (ek predator 240), which is an absolute unit. But I take it you think the case option makes more sense.

>2080 Ti Super
Please be real and be better than the rtx Titan

>mfw no mITX cases with 3 expansion slots
Only regret of buying my 2080Ti FTW3. Girl is THICC. Almost 3 full slots to be honest.
Yea I would. Don't waste your money blocking up a Vega 56. Especially with a shitty Universal block.

Is it worth spending £200-£230 on a used i7 7700k for an older system? Is 4 cores enough for general gaming?

Attached: i7 7700k.jpg (300x360, 38K)

no and no

>mitx
literal cringe

What should I do instead? If I sell the old mobo, ram, cpu I would only get back about £120.

Anyone?

>3600
>$280 cad = $211 USD
$11 above US MSRP (maybe tax/vat is included?)

>3600X
>$330 cad = $249 USD
Same as US MSRP

How are they $20 above conversion? Am I missing something?

If you care about value and respect your money, then absolutely grab one before they run out. The (((new))) cards are barely an improvement over it and cost way more. It will undoubtedly serve you well at 1440p for the next 2-3 years, at which point you could resell it for 175 yuros easy and upgrade.

I need a monitor that has:
Free/g sync
1440p/144hz
at least 900/1 contrast ratio
not VA
bellow 700$
I've been googling for two days but every single monitor I found fails in at least one category. For some reason every single gaymen IPS has a shitty contrast, it's infuriating considering even my ancient 100$ IPS has above 1000:1 contrast ratio.

why not va

Yeah, they mentioned that Amazon Canada had preorders 10% off for some zen+ chips.

I'd buy a 3600 for $250 cdn (10% disc included) fairly confidently.

If there are shortages, even for a few weeks, ryzen lost my sale because I have to build and test the functionality of the computer before I leave for grad school. Ryzen 3000 being fully stocked in september does me no good as I work on my thesis and having to grade retarded undergrad's papers

>Scheduler update up to 15% or more
Funny because I've seen three measured tests and all were within margin of error.

if gross eyes like that were on another race, you'd find them hideous
>Is it expected for there being anything with better value than a 300€ vega56 in the price-range during the next few months
No. The sales on them are getting worse, even. They already cleared most of the inventory prior to Navi launch, and Navi is worse price:performance.

9700k needs to be $200 to compete with Ryzen 3000. 15% cut is still no competition.

I hate motion blur even on my current IPS, I don't want to have even worse motion blur.

I wouldn't do the math backwards to calculate USD prices. Canadian market is calculated as:

(American price) * (conversion factor) * (1.1)

Where 1.1 is not any official tax but a "fuck you" tax. This also isn't considering any provincial taxes one might may.

I was expecting the fuck you tax to be higher, and was expecting the 3600 to come out at $299 cdn (i.e when fuck you tax factored out, $210-220 usd).

The 3600 being at $280 means the American price is fairly set at $200-210

These aren't "rumored" prices, either. They were prices in the sku of the Canadian retailer.

>VA
>motion blur

my VA panel doesn't have any noticeable blur but even if i did find any noticeable blur it has a low motion blur setting anyway. pic related.

Attached: 1531364881168.png (1000x500, 1.07M)

Sorry, we can't all be basement dwellers with huge, RGB infested cases. You do know people use their PC's for other tasks than gaming, right?

Pic related. It's what I have and I think its fantastic. Has everything you asked for, but it's curved.

Attached: LC27HG70QQEXXY.jpg (892x684, 121K)

>3800x more expensive than 9700k for barely 2% IPC perfomance on PUBG

Attached: 1561103260004.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Sure. If you're willing to have your first PCIe x1 device nearly touching the GPU. Your best bet is to use the PCIe x1 slot at the bottom for one device, and the PCIe x16 at the bottom (black one with no silver around it) as for the 2nd device.

The 2 silver lined full sized PCIe x16 slots are using PCIe 3.0 lanes from the CPU while everything not silver lined are using the remaining chipset PCIe 2.0 lanes. If you populate both the first and 2nd silver lined slots, your first slot (with the GPU in it) will only run at x8 speeds. This isn't a huge deal as even a 2080Ti struggles to saturate 8 lanes of PCIe 3.0. just an fyi.

alright help me with this. Will it be possible to put an AMD and an Nvidia card on the same machine and connect it to the TV? will that work? Will I need to boot another version of windows or I can use two drivers within the same windows boot?
Please help me with this, I am planning to get an AMD card for the Freesync but I am still on the fence.

P.S.
I already own 1080Ti but Nvidia doesn't support Freesync on HDMI, hence why I need the AMD card to run Freesync on the Samsung TV.

Attached: 1555778366909.jpg (1630x1600, 1.57M)

Sorry, I can't tell if you're trolling or just stupid, when you're looking at """""tests"""""""" that used user-mode scheduling.

Average IPS and VA tend to have about the same bluring on newer monitors.
And the lowest blur IPS are like $1500+. eizo fs2735 foris

oh fuck never mind, you said no VA. If it matters, I don't really notice motion blur on it.

i have the same one but the 24 inch model. kinda regretting not getting the 27 inch one but i got it at a good price at least (£160 GBP).

So its not "$20 above conversion" but "$20 below conversion" estimate?

>9900k is 10-18% faster than a 2700X and worse perf/watt for a 100% price increase
this is okay!
>3800X is 2-12% faster than a 9900k and 30% better perf/watt for a 2% price increase
THIS IS NOT OKAY!!!!

Attached: -x2 parabola head-having motherfucker.png (732x767, 386K)

Thanks for the advice about if I should use my free stuff to build a gaming pc.

Retrieved it from a server. So a 1660ti can't even use the full potential in a Skylake E3-1245 v5 ?

blurbusters.com/freesync/list-of-freesync-monitors/

Search your heart's content.

Yes but you need to be able to passthrough the AMD card. I think Windows has an option for it, but I'm not sure. You should figure it out before spending the money.

>samsung CHGwhatever
that's one of the worst and blurriest monitors lmao

oh wait that retard said 9700k. wow
3600X is same single threaded as 9700k and cheaper you retarded spammer

>More IPC
>Less power
>Non restrictive motherboard choice
>can actually be cooled with a stock cooler

browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/compare/13607469?baseline=13567135
2700X vs 3800X, both with shit 2133 ram

>intel is now the poorfag choice
I love this timeline so very much.

Attached: 1555838036654.jpg (899x650, 208K)

How much of a difference will there be between 3900x and 3950x in terms of performance? I'd get the 3950x but I can't be arsed to wait this long and gonna get a 3900x instead, wondering how much I'll miss out on.

>amd compares directly with the 9700k
>amdnegroids start spouting 9900k or 3600x

take your pills schizo

Attached: rg7b6q6kul331.png (2789x1440, 1.06M)

Can someone explain to me why AMD doesn't do emulation well? Emulators like rspc3 and cemu run so much better on Intel processors.

Well, I'll consider it anyway. I dunno maybe maybe motion blur isn't that bad on 144hz but i just really don't want to pay a bunch of money and see the same blurry mess in fast isometric or side scrolling games, or not being able to read names of moving characters in MMOs.
Already checked them all.

imagine only looking at the cinebench scores and not the actual benchmarks where zen2 is clearly inferior to intel

Basically, Canadians pay at least 10% more than Americans do, ceteris peribus.

So when an American sees a Canadian price, they can't just do the straight conversion back to American because they'll not have considered that 10% "fuck you" tax. They need to take off that amount.

In the 00s, when the two currencies were roughly on par, it was VERY advantageous to buy in the States because Canadians still had that "fuck you" tax, but our loonie was worth more so it was smarter to use it in the American market.

Why won't AMD release the 3950x at the same time as the other cpus? Wtf are they thinking?

FUD

It's more like a person with a $1200 flagship android phone bragging that they are not the poorfag option any longer. Do you think somebody with an iphone x is jealous of them? Don't be delusional.

Damn that's terrible bro, some of us Europeans have to pay 30% more with already 50% lower salaries but you poor Canadians have to suffer a devastating 10% price increase :( god damn it

Here's the most through review on the monitor btw
youtube.com/watch?v=h7JPDa3xgZg

Just report the ban evader. Don't reply to his bait that he spams every other thread.

They are binned, so less availability for those dies.

Except even their cheap CPUs have competitors. Athlon is better than Pentium.
Maybe if you're looking at a $30 Celeron, yeah AMD doesn't have an alternative there.

Binning and profits.
Do they put the best quality binned 8c chiplets in a $400 package that will sell high volumes, or a niche $750 package? It should be obvious.

The reason US MSRP is lower is because taxes aren't included. Taxes arent included in the US MSRP is because each state has different tax rates. So "10% more than Ameriacns" is only applicable to some states. Most states have ~5-15% tax, so its generally the same price. Oregon doesn't have sales tax, so MSRP+tax is illegal taxation.

Nowhere in my post did I mention the 3600X or 9900k you mouth breathing nigger. I don't stated what's true about the 3800X.
>2% more IPC
>More cores/threads
>Less power
>Comes with, and can actually be cooled by the stock cooler

You deserve that for calling us fat like the nation to the south of us.

your life is shit. you know how i know? all you do is hate things. never positive about anything. your uncle clearly molested you as a child.

>more cooler
>vrm with fans

LMAOing at you

State taxes don't come into play. I said ceteris paribus.

We also have "state" taxes. In my province it's only 5% but in others its well over 10%.

In my particular case, I'm near a state with no sales tax so it's even better.

You pay those prices so that Jaheem from Nigeria can rape your women then go to a Dorm-style prison with a PS3. Hopefully Jaheem will have a PS4 by the time the PS5s come out.

It's blatantly clear you've never truly clocked a chip to it's limit. Both the 9700k and the 9900k require extremely stout VRMs to clock high and stable, and then you need some sort of airflow over them so they don't grenade in a year. Not only that, but the Ryzen 3xxx chips can be used as drop in upgrades on existing X470/B450 and even some X370/B350 boards with just a simple BIOS flash if you're willing to forego PCIe 4.0.