/spg/ - Smartphone General

Don't make 'em like they used to Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on good/bad phone

Attached: 1561134724071.jpg (1600x1200, 211K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.att.com/t5/Other-Phones-Devices/Will-the-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-7-Global-get-4G-LTE/td-p/5879788
frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/nOeZSJ/xiaomi-redmi-note-7-standard-edition-dual-sim-td-lte-cn-64gb-m1901f7e-m1901f7c/at-t-united-states
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mi A3 when?

Attached: 1561134896465.jpg (300x312, 46K)

This thread is for the SM-G889F!

Attached: Screenshot_3-01.jpg (1036x1080, 183K)

I'm actually really liking the Razer Phone 2. It was easy to root, the size is good for me, and I also like the speakers on it. My biggest complaint is lack of exfat support and no headphone jack, but otherwise it's pretty good. Best phone I've had since the Nexus 5.

i need a new phone.

musts:
- android
- great camera
- great battery
- great screen

which one to get? thaaaanks!

>if you want the best of the best
OnePlus 7 Pro or Huawei P30 Pro
>if you want a compact phone
Galaxy S10e
>if you want the best value
Xiaomi Mi 9T

Op7 pro

thought I saw release would be like next week

Are clear transparent phone cases autism?

I don't want to lose my Chad points

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9HL1MvODIzNTY0L29yaWdpbmFsL0NsZWFyLWlQaG9uZS1DYXNlLTAwMS5qcGc= (1500x938, 417K)

Is the s8 active truly the pinnacle of phone design?

>Tough as nails, no case needed.
Dropped that shit in a bucket of concrete sediment filled 1C water working construction in chicago in november, phone just shrugged it off. Heh, nothing personell.
>screen does not shatter
Dropped mine multiple times over the years on hardwood, concrete slab floors, locker room tiles. Just a few nicks on the side frame but nbd
>Battery for days
>flagship specs

I honestly have no fucking idea who was stupid enough at samsung to discontinue the Active line after the S8. And i have no fucking idea what phone i'm going to get after this one, it is absolutely perfect. Unfortunately gonna be switching from AT&T to verizon with my wife, and mine is locked to AT&T. What can compare to this? literally nothing thats not a phone made by CAT or some memeshit with bad specs.

thanks! one question concerning the xiaomi mi 9t: is this the redmi k20 pro? are there differances between the xiaomi mi 9 and the 9t?

clear cases are shit
cases are shit in general
>Chad points
for what, the kind of phone you have? lmao

Ringke smoke black clear cases are sexy as fuck. Regular shitty clear ones look cheap.

>xiaomi mi 9t: is this the redmi k20 pro?
it's the Redmi K20 (non Pro), confusing naming, I know
almost identical phone except the K20 Pro has a slightly better processor
>are there differances between the xiaomi mi 9 and the 9t?
the regular Mi 9 has a better processor and wireless charging and it's thinner
in return the Mi 9T is a bit thicker, has a slightly worse (but still powerful) processor, a better and larger battery, and a display without notch (pop up camera)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-21 Xiaomi Mi 9T vs Xiaomi Mi 9 - Visual phone size compare.png (860x663, 640K)

also the Mi 9T has a headphone jack whereas the regular Mi 9 doesn't
and btw: if you want a more compact phone the Mi 9 SE is also worth considering

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-21 Xiaomi Mi 9T vs Xiaomi Mi 9 SE - Visual phone size compare.png (860x660, 674K)

where should I look for a phone with a long battery life and relatively compact size and budget price? don't really care about anything else as long as it isn't too sluggish.

Attached: 1558144636342.jpg (540x533, 67K)

Mi A2 Lite or Moto G7 Power

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-21 Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite vs Motorola Moto G7 Power - Visual phone size compare.png (860x675, 899K)

Is WhatsApp banned in China ?

if i only want an awesome camera and a good battery should i buy the regular pixel 3 or should i go for the pixel 3a oder something else?

are mi a2 and a2 lite finally unfucked on software? there were tons of glitches

>notch
>chin
I choose suicide.

3a and 3a XL seem like good choices for you
don't know, haven't used them myself
both have Android One and get regular updates tho
hurr durr

Someone post their geecam OnePlus 7 Pro pics

>notch, chin and absolutely degenerative resolution for NO reason is ok because manufacturers said so!
k

should i buy the pixel 3a or the oneplus 6?
i care most about screen, battery and camera. heelp pls

>*taps glass*
>*clears throat*
>FUCK slabshit
>FUCK chink slabshit
>FUCK notchshit
>FUCK no3.5mmshit
>but most importantly, FUCK non-tactile input methods

Attached: Fxtec-Pro-1-angle-view-open.jpg (1920x1080, 263K)

Nice SoT you got there.

Add in an actually good operating system and I'm sold.
iOS and Android both suck in terms of UI.

Pixel.

>muh UI
what's stopping you from ricing it?

Alright I got a Galaxy S10, what do I do now?

What's the best cheap phone with an AMOLED display? I am willing to buy used, I can get a 1st Gen pixel for super cheap.
>AMOLED with 300+ ppi
>headphone jack
>As good or about as good as my SE's camera
>XDA support or similar custom ROMs
>Under $100 used
Maybe an s7 as well? What else is a good idea?

I just got a Huawei mate 20 lite off of Amazon, on AT&T I can send and receive sms messages from other AT&T phones, but not from other carriers, or from sms services (no 2fa). Phone calls work without any issue.

Any ideas why?

Flip it for an iPhone XR

Mi 9 is $357 on banggood or $442 on amazon
>amazon has faster delivery
>0% chance of having to pay customs off amazon
>banggood is significant savings but risk of customs and risk of getting ripped off

how do you guys get your chink phones

So i have a S9 right now, are there any reasons to upgradeto Note 10 in August? i am thinking if i will upgrade, there are not reasons to buy another phone for 3-4 years.

Attached: 1548443976661.jpg (595x592, 38K)

don't upgrade unless you need to
if you have to wonder about reasons to justify an upgrade then don't
do sth more sensible with your money

literally no.

Basically no, but I mean, notes are different than the other Samsungs. S-Pen and so on. That isn't "upgrade", its a "switch".

IDK how much you could get for selling your S9, but probably don't.

skip the hole punch/notch era and just wait for for under display cameras, they're here in the next couple years.

nice advice
ok
i mean i like that S-Pen, and the design is ok from the leaks, better battery, better camera etc, but i don't think is worth 1k at release, now thinking about it. I will rather wait until next year when the price will drop and maybe then buy it .
i only care about back camera to be honest.

Attached: 1463771746601.png (645x909, 626K)

Yawn, man up and buy the Pixel 3a.

I'm pretty new to this smartphone world and I've been looking around and I have a few questions
Is SN730 good? There's a SN855 and I guessing it's better but is it vastly better? would I notice a difference handling both? Also I notice Huawei uses a kirin 980 and IPhone some Bionic stuff are they comparable between eachother or there's a clear superior processor?
I want a phone with a good camera, is Huawei P30 a good option? Or go with this One Plus with that pop up camera?

Currently I have a P20 lite and it's not bad, definitely better than my J7 and some Alcatel(never had a mid range phone so my standards are probably fucked beyond believe) and I want something better specially on the camera department I heard the Pixel 3 but and I'm no camera expert but having one lens seems like it wouldn't be as good? Read that it's more about the software than the hardware itself
Should I hold on for while for some company to announce a new phone or that's a no go until next year?

Moto G7 Power if you're in the US. HOWEVER. Be aware it's a plastic phone. Go to a Bestbuy and see if you are okay with the feeling, I wasn't.

Makes zero difference, just get the P30 Pro.

>manning up by removing headphone jack
stay cucked

Yeah that thing is really tempting to be honest, is there a possibility of Mate 30 pro in the future? Do Huawei's devalue fast?

best photo camera: Pixel 3
best night photo camera: P30 Pro
best video camera: iPhone Xs
OnePlus 7 Pro has a good camera, probably not as good as the Huawei P30 Pro or the Pixel 3
however the OnePlus 7 Pro is much better than both other phones in other regards, it's cheaper, it has a better screen, it's faster, it has a better fingerprint reader and no notch
the Huawei P30 Pro has a great night camera and a great battery, also wireless charging, however it has a shitty UI (EMUI)
the Pixel has a great camera but fat ugly bezels

Are you fucking stupid? Did you even look up the Pixel 3a before you wrote that?

>fat ugly bezels
please kill yourself. Bezels are comfy and they help you grip the phone better, plus the Pixel 3 has dual front firing speakers. Fuck off honestly

Ayo i need some guidance.
Got my mi 9t today, beast device, coming from a samsung galaxy s3, speaking of which i still have functioning headphones, here the problem, since the mi 9t doesn't come with any i tried plugging the s3's but they don't completely fit in, some part is left out, i pushed a bit and i heard a click, now they didn't seem to work at first but then i pulled it back and left the bit out again, they did work, except the buttons on the headphones do not work and I'm scared to push harder again just in case i break something.
Is this normal? Should i try to push hard until i hear the click or do i leave it with the bit out? Mind you it's something like 2-3 mm at best so they won't unplug unless i do it, it bothers me that it is left out, i usually go balls deep but I don't wanna cause damage.
This is my first Xiaomeme phone so if anyone can give me some clarity yeah thank you.

I had one and used it in burger land for months. The lte worked fine (t-mobile). I only ever encountered one random shutdown. Everything else was great. Gave it to my dad and scooped the redmi note 7 cause the a2 lite was too small.

Am I stupid for wanting to upgrade but not wanting a bigger phone?
I have a moto g5 and the only decent budget option that isnt chinkshit is the A40

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Everybody produces in China, including Samsung. The difference is non-Chinese brands demand an extra 100€ for putting their logo on the phone.
Your options for compact phones are:
A40
S10e
iPhone XS
Mi 9 SE
the last one offers by far the best value.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-21 Motorola Moto G5 vs Xiaomi Mi 9 SE - Visual phone size compare.png (860x628, 724K)

Is the 3 gb of ram on the Moto g7 power going to be sufficient? My Galaxy S5 has 2 and it gets pretty laggy and likes to crash applications once in a while.

when is lcd going to be entirely phased out?

i only want oled, and i want budget phones with oled/amoled/super amoled

get a Redmi Note 7 instead, 4GB RAM and generally much better value
if you don't like MIUI and want stock Android then get the Mi A2 (also 4GB RAM)
sub-300€ chinkphones like the Mi 9 SE already come with OLED displays

Bros i need your help. I'm between the galaxy S8( 4ram and 64gb) and the Pocophone F1 (6ram and 128gb) wich one is the best choice? Is the Pocophone trustworthy? HELP A NOOB OUT

Attached: woman-on-phone-commbank-app-2clm.jpg (760x413, 59K)

I don't think the note 7 is compatible with att.

mi 9 se is the only one. i wish the redmi note 7 had super AMOLED and band 12, it'd be the absolute perfect phone for me.

Pocophone is much better
however you should also look for the Mi 9T, if you can get it for a similar price it's the superior phone to the Pocophone
damn, aren't chinkphones supported in burgerland?
I guess then the Moto G series is your next best pick
>i wish the redmi note 7 had super AMOLED and band 12, it'd be the absolute perfect phone for me.
yep
also they should just ditch MIUI entirely and put Android One on all their phones

I'm it should I'm on mint Sim which is tmobile which is gsm which is what att is. Google it fren.

Xiaomi has the worst software though

>also they should just ditch MIUI entirely
how will they earn money then?

it's not so bad, not worse than Samsung's skin
the hardware they put inside more than makes up for it

Thanks for the answer. Ive never had a phoe that wasnot samsung so it's hard to pull the trigger. Is there something i should know before? In my country the Mi 9 is expensive so it's gonna be the Pocophone.

forums.att.com/t5/Other-Phones-Devices/Will-the-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-7-Global-get-4G-LTE/td-p/5879788

frequencycheck.com/carrier-compatibility/nOeZSJ/xiaomi-redmi-note-7-standard-edition-dual-sim-td-lte-cn-64gb-m1901f7e-m1901f7c/at-t-united-states

>also they should just ditch MIUI entirely and put Android One on all their phones
hell yes, they'd dominate even more if they did that.

xiaomi is so close to taking over the industry.

lmao at wanting to be dominated by the chinks

Are there any phablets right now that have decent specs and also insanely priced? Like with snapdragon procs at a minimum. The LG V30 seems decent but I already have really bad burn-in on my V20 and I don't want to deal with it again. Prefer 6 inch display or higher.

I've had Samsung previously, Xiaomi phones like the Pocophone have a skin too (pic related)
it's not as nice as Stock Android but you can definitely live with it in my opinion
battery, performance etc should be great
good choice getting a chinkphone tbqh, best value by far

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1200x800, 116K)

Zenfone 6 has a notchless LCD screen and top of the line specs if you don't want to deal with burn-in.

nobody gives a shit which country they're from, could be from India or Russia or fucking Rwanda for all I care
produce a good value product and I'll choose it over worse value products
if Google and Apple and Samsung put out overpriced shit I'll get a Xiaomi instead, simple as
most phones these days are over 6 inch, what exactly do you want from a phone?
Mi 9T is a great phablet for the price, if you want the best of the best get a OnePlus 7 Pro

5G phones recommendations upcoming?
Need a headphone jack please too

Asus Zenfone with 5G would be perfect
Also fuck Samsung for no jack in the Note10

The fact that there are no sliding thin sexy new phones with physical keyboards is shocking

S10 5G.

Legit, I'm a OnePlus man myself. Got the 6/128 OP7 for $400.

So I'm having a weird ringtone bug with my S9 and I want to try to factory reset it and see if that fixes the issue (because I've tried everything else)

I used Samsung's backup service but I feel kinda unsure about it.

I have 50 / 64 gb filled up on my phone, how is it possible they fit it all into a measley 14gb??? I get if they skipped the apps and maybe put some executable into redownloading them all, but what about the apps that I didn't get from the store? And what about apps I haven't updated in a while, am I going to be forced on upgrades?

Basically tl;dr what's the most efficient way to fully backup and restore a phone without worrying that I am going to lose some things, or is that just inevitable?

Attached: Screenshot_20190621-144357_Smart Switch.jpg (1440x2960, 154K)

i just want good performance and a big display, a good sized battery, but without a big price tag. mostly cause android phones just dont hold value well at all, so i think it's pointless to pay top dollar for them. i don't need flagship, but i dont want kirin chink specs either. but i'll buy xiaomi/huawei if they have snapdragon chips.

Zenfone 6 has the fattest battery on any sd855 phone but yeah you can look at any Xiaomi shit if you want OLED, check out the Mi 9T Pro.

well the zenfone max pro (m2) has a 5000 mah battery but i can't find the 64gb version actually available for sale, that's the issue none of these phones are like actually available for their announced prices or from non-aliexpress-tier sites

Xiaomi has Snapdragon chips, only Huawei doesn't
Mi 9T, Pocophone F1, Redmi Note 7 are all great options with 4000mAh batteries for you

ty, i will check them

go for Amazon
Think about how long you're gonna use this phone for
3 years, 4 years?
Take the difference between the two listings
442-357= $85

First off it might be less than $85 because of customs
But even if it is $85
You'll risk the phone fucking up and having no warranty etc just for $85?
Which over 3 years is a mere $2.36 a month
Over 4 years is $1.77 a month

That's less than peanuts, that's fucking nothing
A very small price to pay for peace of mind, for security
So buy it through Amazon (as long as it is Amazon and not some gay seller)

lol y'all gay

Attached: ha-gay.png (628x518, 220K)

there was leaks already about mi a3, confirmed amoled with in display fingerprint scanner.
SoC is between sd712 and sd730.
Sd6xx is old news, apply yourself cuck.

Attached: 62030629_838294486550288_3219071429936939008_n.jpg (250x250, 7K)

>tfw i got baited on the redmi note 7
Fuck you niggers the notifications dont work

you mean icons on status bar?
soon it will, redmi k20 already has it. In the worst scenario, you will get it with miui 11 later this year.

Are there any phones besides the Librem 5 that have physical kill switches? Preferably for

Its been months user and i feel like im losing productivity when i dont get notified on my emails

oh i see, try this:
settings
status & notifications
apps notifications
-find the app-
go in its categories and enable everything.

>Under 100
Ok it's got a head phone jack but it's not worth 400

No, it's for CC9.

The absolute demise of mobile gaming with pay-to-win freemium garbage is the biggest tragedy of the 21st century.

Mobile gaming could have been fucking great. It could have been the natural continuation of console gaming. Instead it's just fucking garbage, flooded with Chinese shovelware that normie fucktards are gobbling it up like the braindead nigger NPC's they are.

And here we are, having to dig through literally hundreds of borderline botnets to find even a single game worth TRYING.

FUCK THIS GAY EARTH

Attached: 53611.png (1537x1280, 1.65M)

Much appreciated
Any others on the horizon?

Attached: 2467610_0.jpg (630x630, 59K)

Based mathematics poster.

It's certainly the most high profile one. There's also the Mi Mix 3 5G.

I want the Pixel 3 because of the small form factor, comfy speakers and godly camera. Will I regret it? I've always used Xperias and I want that small phone experience :(

mi 9 se