>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
drop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last:

Attached: 1560940968968.jpg (800x800, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/diimdeep/awesome-split-keyboards
kbdfans.cn/blogs/news/keyreative-kam-kat
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hey lads one of you guys recommended me a Leopold FC900R keyboard last month and I just wanted to say it was a great purchase and I'm very satisfied with it. Thanks /mkg/!

Attached: .jpg (1000x790, 156K)

can you recommend me some cheap keyboard + mouse?
I'm poor slav

Logitech K120 + Logitech B100

What other options are there for
>Split keyboard
>Has more thumb buttons than spacebar
>Prebuilt or easy to assemble
I don't have many other requirements but I can't find anything other than Ergodox EZ, which I'm not sure if I want to take a chance on a $325 keyboard.

Attached: 19-06-21_11.50.12 Unselfish.png (724x468, 447K)

Attached: 1383763081332.jpg (319x188, 7K)

github.com/diimdeep/awesome-split-keyboards

>tfw keyboard arrives faulty
you had one job chinks

But of course
We are here to ruin your day yet again

Now there is even MT3 and VSA
will there ever be an end to the proliferation of profiles?

Attached: Profile comparison.jpg (2364x1032, 302K)

What keyboard is this?

ikbc table e412

This for $280

Attached: 1560880785342.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

>what are filters

Just how hard is it to solder a board?

Should I get a new unicomp or try to find a nos model m if I absolutely need a clit in my keyboard?
Actually I'd rather get another 8835 (pic) but the ones on ebay are used and ridiculously overpriced.

Has anyone bought this? Looks really cool but i don't trust the chinks

Switches are THT and so are LEDs when you are expected to solder.
So not too hard.

Apparently not

Can mech keys be quieter than a rubber membrane?

Yes, if you get zilents or whatever flavor of silenced switch you like. Lubing & stuffing the case with neoprene or some other foam helps too.

Fuck disappearing recaptcha.

Attached: ultranav_keyboard_04.jpg (1024x487, 144K)

kbdfans coming with a KAM set soon (which is inspired by KAT) maybe
looks like XDA practically

kbdfans.cn/blogs/news/keyreative-kam-kat

Attached: KAM.png (700x369, 32K)

>neoprene
>only sold in xbox sizes
fug

Be wary with the Unicomp EnduraPro, apparently the Trackpoint moves around more like a joystick.

They know

Attached: ;_;.png (750x224, 31K)

Store page reviews say it's good at least

Oh, thanks for the warning. I haven't considered how the increased key height would affect trackpoint.
With soft rim I often apply vertical pressure to the edges of the cap rather than shift it horizontally.

The dishing is deeper on KAM than XDA. The thing is though that even though it's PBT KAM is intentionally very smooth. Niggas here might not like that.

Attached: 25u9rns.jpg (2100x1400, 2.07M)

Attached: rxKvLyK.jpg (2100x1400, 1.96M)

What is the absolute CHEAPEST Full-sized keyboard i can get? Or is building one myself a better option?

I think there are chink boards for as low as $3
If you're talking mech maybe $20 or so

Yeah, I meant a mech. Links?

based

Go on aliexpress and search for mech keys
Get the cheapest one

I wonder how this works exactly, like how does the continuity for each key get registered?

A little side note to this: carefully read the listing to make sure it's actually a mechanical board, and not a "mechanical feel" abomination.

There are pins under each key, I guess that's how.

Yeah, most cheap shit i find is "mechanical feel", that's why I asked for specific links/

Considering your budget there are mechanical keyboards for under $50, but the quality between keys on the same board will vary wildly

The RK-9000V2 line is good, but $75

But how does it know which key is which?

get a k83 off amazon

magic probably

If you don't want to wait too much you could get a Gigabyte K83, they go for like $40 sometimes and come with either Cherry MX blue or reds.
All plastic and keycaps feel kinda cheap but that can be fixed with a new set of caps.

little pads in each housing have ULFchips

The Macbook Pro has the best keyboard I've ever felt. Where can I get an equivalent keyboard for my PC?

Assumming this isn't bait then Apple Magic Keyboard.

So it's just a fuck ton of single key keyboards attached to a dock that interfaces them to the PC then

I'm more interested in how it can even communicate to the base.
Each key has 6 pins or so. but you can align them in any way on the base and it'd still work.

basically, I would also assume that each key can have several layers. other keyboards that use similar chips have 128 programmable layers per key

Which other boards?
And what are layers?

Unicode is a standard everyone uses, all what it has to do is see what character is being outputted. the switches can be in serial for all it cares

I mean the pins don't even have to align to anything on the base so how does it communicate over those pins?

magnets

Maybe they're wireless and just use the pins to receive power.

Don't think so, would be very expensive.
Each key is sold for like $1.5

It depends on your controller, QMK limits it to 16, but some QMK keyboards like the ergodox can have 32, and some of those streaming macropads like the elgato can have 128.
Most keyboards don't have function layer mapping, but for the ones that do the default QWERTY or whatever is printed on your keys would be layer 1. Each layer also has it's modifiers (Shift, Ctrl, Alt Gr, Meta, etc). Basically think of your normal keyboard keyboard as a 1 layer keyboard. When you switch to another layer like 2 it can function exactly like layer 1, but since you can program it you can change the characters that the keys and their modifiers output. So for the case of the Ergodox you essentially have 32 fully programmable keyboards in one.

My Ducky One 2 RGB came in today. Needed something to hold me over until the end of the year when my Rama comes in.

Went with Cherry MX Silent Red switches. KB is surprisingly heavy.

Attached: IMG_0017.jpg (1080x810, 207K)

can you nygroids recommend me a gaymen keyboard
not a gaymen style with rgb and shit but something that wont fuck my fingers up while playing rts gaymes?

Huh, caps with non-broken legends.
Are the caps stock?

Ducky has had seamless doubleshot PBT keycaps for well over a year now. It comes standard on all their keyboards, except for the spacebar it's not doubleshot

My keyboard I bought and added keycaps to back in 2011. I have used it constantly since then and I have had no problems with it at all. I hate RGB lighting, so I am glad I do not have it. The filename contains all of the information about it.

Attached: Topre-Realforce-103UB-55g-with-Topre-lime-green-PBT-dye-sublimation-printed-keycaps.png (1920x1440, 883K)

Tada68

yeah stock keycaps.

can't get over how quiet the switches are

Are there silent tactile switches?
Do they feel different from normal switches?

So the spacebar is lasered?

Gateron makes silent browns, Aliaz switches are basically Gat silent browns in Zeal-style polycarbonate housings with heavier springs, and Zeal has Zilents.

yes, but they include a normal spacebar in the box

Ok I admit that I am a brainlet but how does this work?

Attached: zeal60.jpg (2048x714, 734K)

because there's a backside that for some reason you didn't bother looking at

Is Das keyboard worth it?

Nah.

not anymore. their older keyboards were good, but the new ones just use chink shit, while still charging the same price as the cherry keyboards

The Corsair K83? The 100$ membrane one?

>Corsair
nah get the gigabyte k83

Attached: dsag.png (457x380, 262K)

Are the Ducky One 2s worth the price at around 120€?
As a filthy european who doesn't feel like paying the extra shipping and taxes for overseas there seems to be little else in the way of quality mechanical keyboard over here unless I want to go with RGB gamer stuff or knockoff brands

i just looked up k83, the corsair one was the first one to show up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ anything wrong with corsair keyboards otherwise?

i have a one 2 tkl, it’s been really good, 0 problems so far other than the stock caps having kinda fucked up legends

Yeah that's about right, the alternate has some ducky keyboards on sale even if most of them are out of stock

Check if anyone carries Leopold stuff if you don't need ISO layout. Maybe Candykeys has some in stock.

I have cherries at my micro center for 150

>150
that's getting into Topre territory. If you want cherry get a leopold since they cost less and have better build quality.

In the same vein, any cheap parts to build my own ErgoDox?

Check falbatech, profetkeyboards for the PCB & parts. You can also just gather the parts off digikey or mouser if that's actually cheaper for you.

Good idea, I wouldn't mind ditching ISO if necessary. But while they do have some in stock, anything with a backlight is a lot more pricey than the Ducky variant

Thanks! I guess I will go for one of these then.
Soon as I manage to decide on the type of switch, that is

Leopold doesn't do backlight anyway. Also could give Cooler Master a look as they're one of the few "gaming" brands that actually use a standard layout and don't overprice their shit to hell and back.

Got the TMK usb emulator in the mail today, got it running but what a pain in the ass it was. its pretty bad ass, any normal keyboard you can put TMK firmware on it and have layers. $63 for the usb piece.

Attached: 3-wbLjV6J[1].jpg (1280x1280, 122K)

I just pulled the trigger in this boi. Cherry MX Red switches.

It will be my 1st. mech kb. It arrives tomorrow.

How I did?
>60~ burguerbucks

Attached: 81kFOO8SBEL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x938, 193K)

that looks comfy as fuck. Is is like the regular laptop keyboard?

fine user, it's a starter keyboard, there's no fucking going back even if it is the worst mech keyboard so don't worry.

Scissors are exactly the same as on laptops but the thin plastic body has noticeable flex at top middle. SK-8845 (pic) feels more solid but only because it's smaller. There's also SK-8855 that is literally a swappable laptop keyboard with a usb controller in a plastic body, but I have not tried it yet.

Attached: thinkpad ultranav 2.jpg (1600x1200, 204K)

Just buy sheets of neoprene or sorbothane and cut them to size

How are aliaz slients ? I just got some. Used to cherry mx silent blacks

>It will be my 1st. mech kb
out of all the "gamer" brands out there, hyperx is definitely one of the best buys
you get a standard bottom row, a steel frame, plus a non-gaymer font
only downside is the space bar with that logo placement

>their older keyboards were good, but the new ones just use chink shit, while still charging the same price as the cherry keyboards
they still sell versions on their site with cherry switches

Just copped grey label 1987 model M ssk for 250. How did I do ?

Attached: 16Nj8C7.jpg (1200x900, 110K)

bad. they are worth 30$

is this peak hipster shit similar to forcing yourself using a CRT and think you're so unique and sophisticated?
or you're just a collector?

oops, looks like you added a 0 to that #

Get an Iris off mechmarket

I say this in so many threads and nobody ever takes the advice, you can get a prebuilt one for under $100

I just want the best keyboard. I use a 1440 p dell monitor and want to build a sffpc with ghost s1 this summer