How to ask for recommendations:
>Budget
>Source
>Type of headphone
>Open or closed
>Comfort level
>Sound signature
>Past headphones

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 1.jpg (852x480, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qE22dZ_jiyU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for SUMMIT FI

Attached: E61644BF-764F-4EBA-9178-277184B3E7F6.jpg (3533x2812, 1.3M)

imagine falling for the stax meme

Attached: STAX shills will defend this.png (1558x473, 211K)

>headphones!

Attached: 1560046044919.jpg (380x467, 53K)

>being too poor to afford GLORIOUSU STAXU

Fuck off furfag

Attached: Stax is for furries.png (900x1238, 1.8M)

What’s listening to, user?

Attached: 83983146-45AF-454E-9F48-D8AE8D93CC12.jpg (3036x2881, 1.64M)

I still don't know what each brand sounds like :(
I don't know what bright, dark, loose, tight means.

stax is the new meme now?

The sound is soo juicy!

Attached: Audio-Technica-ATH-ES10.jpg (640x480, 23K)

Poorfag here. Have you tried other headphones to compare it to?

Yes I have, ws1100is, es10 shits on all over them. Also I modded my es10, the mod made them 100000 times better. It's so balanced on the mids side. Jesus.

Also the sound stage is quite impressive!

These cans sound good on this album

Attached: coverr.jpg (2246x3369, 3.35M)

Stax went bankrupt and got bought up by chinks. Yep it's a chink meme.

Attached: 29414422_183729355583166_4232467464484552704_n.jpg (718x718, 136K)

Officially decide tiers

Attached: headphone tiers.png (1536x3123, 1.39M)

Ok? can you please add some ath headphones?

user, I sure hope you don't use generic solder and instead opt for japanese "high fidelity audio grade solder"

Attached: DSC_0047 (2).jpg (4000x3000, 3.3M)

hows the dacmagic xs for a cheap onboard audio upgrade?

get a fiio e10k instead

Are Tin p1 actually good or is it just zeos shilling again?

Wait I just realized no one has them yet

I just received my Sennheiser HD 58x headphones. They sound pretty shitty desu.

Attached: jbCgVcPdRXZC1YRI2oZ3_3qKeFvWGRbQ3wreRhIVc_58x_clear.jpg (1080x1080, 133K)

ATHM50X (detatchable cable), comfortable, good sound, cheap, great cables.
Why spend more than tripple the price for something with
a very little small improvment in quality? None of you are working as
composers for big orchestras or movies.
You don't need "the best of the best" for a shit price.
If you think that you do you are wasteful, stupid and pretentious.

Sr-009 over here.

Attached: DE30A563-B242-4A09-960A-3DA3BAF0F3C1.jpg (3563x2673, 1.52M)

Add sz2k for bass-fi

Are there any comfortable Sennheiser headphones with good noise insulation and earpads that don't fall apart after 3 months?
Anyone know what's pic related is?

Attached: x1_desktop_over-ear-headphones-resized.jpg (1280x351, 64K)

keep listening

Need headphones for work and can't leak sound (must be closed and isolate). I want the best closed headphones possible as I have no limit for budget. Willing to spend at most $4000.

>Budget
infinite
>Source
>Type of headphone
full size over ear
>Open or closed
close (must isolate)
>Comfort level
comfortably usable for many hours
>Sound signature
neutral/flat
>Past headphones

Attached: trash.jpg (880x440, 63K)

HD 4.30, it's kind of shit for comfort though. I'd take the HD 569.

headphones are sick

what a shit general

Have Stax

let it die already

Do I need square ears to use Stax?

Well user, what are you listening with tonight?

Attached: CB25DF07-4A36-478B-9C99-94B5E8B250AB.jpg (3597x2110, 1.85M)

sound shit compared to what?

Stax

>found some used HE-400i's last night
>Never tried a planar before, and the price is right
>Remember when this headphone launched that people complained about it having no soundstage
>Do a bit of research and find out there was a revision with the backplate removed that makes it sound more open and gave it 2.5mm connectors to boot
>That's the one the seller has
>Pull the trigger
>Do a bit more reading about them this morning
>Find out that the pads are glued to the mounting ring and are very well known to come apart, sometimes in a couple weeks, sometimes in a number of months, but it's highly common
>Remember the seller specifically mentioned that they had brand new pads on them
>mfw
Has anyone else used the 400i or any chinkfiman headphone with the focus pads? Should I keep them or flip the headphone ASAP while the pads are still intact? It looks like a very bad design desu, and the replacements aren't even cheap, either.
Buyers remorse before even receiving something sucks.

Attached: I have mouth and I scream.jpg (493x637, 88K)

I think that's technically a featherfag, or maybe birdfag?
Stax is definitely for furries too, though.

in reference I have never shilled the SRS-3100 combo since it is defective normie tuned shit if you want stax get something pre Edifier
Source Queensryche Boomer

Attached: JPEG_20190602_235421.jpg (4032x3024, 3.41M)

imagine wearing out your pads like that for no good reason other than muh vintage Stax stand

imagine not having Spare brown pads or realizing these are the original pads from the 90s
>m-muh worn pads BS memes these pads seal fine and when worn you cant even tell they have the divet at the bottom

Hate to break it you but even cheap speakers are better than $200 headphones.

depends on what you mean by better. If you are talking about sound sure if they are placed well in a treated room. If your talking about being able to listen to music at work or late at night speakers aren't better.

Really? Sad to hear that.

Needs SHP9500

hey, once a quitter, always a quitter.

Attached: Agent-Smith-in-The-Matrix-Revolutions-agent-smith-22575743-500-263.gif (500x263, 1.28M)

>Budget
2000 USD
>Source
Atoms+enog2pro
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
High
>Sound signature
Emphasized bass, no shouty mids and neutral/dark treble
>Past headphones
I don't like stax. UwU

Ahem

The Trustiest Fucks

This needs to be updated

>budget infinite
>but don't want to pay the money for the best, even when I only want the best
Don't be a faggot and buy the Sennheiser Orpheus. Or are you just an larping poorfag?

Just swap the pads. There is enough information out there which are the best. There is no problem with them falling off if you do it right.

No reason to get anything other than HD800s or HE1000 if you need planar headphones

>No reason to get anything other than HD800s or HE1000 if you need planar headphones

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 44K)

Yeah you're probably right, I just feel shitty about it since it was a surprise. I'd have felt better knowing about it going in.
I'll wait to see what I actually think of the headphones. I want to like them since I got them for less than half of the new street price in my country. If I'm happy with the sound and comfort then I'll look into replacing the pads, but if I'm dissatisfied in any way I'll sell them right on while the pads are in good shape. It's fucking criminal that hifiman can sell pads with such massive durability issues.

Hey i was thinking about getting these, can you give a short review?

They're not basslets or treblelets like the 600 and 650, so they're good for more energetic music, but they lack a wee bit of openness or resolution that the others have, that's about it. They're great headphones, just be sure to do the required stretching to alleviate the clamp out of the box.

How could someone ever wear those in public and not get murdered for their godawful taste?

retard

>wearing stax in public
Dude what the fuck is wrong with you ? Are you one of the fags that takes speakers with you on the bus to listen to?

>fags that takes speakers with you on the bus
they are called niggers, no need to hide it

>Budget
Under 300 USD
>Source
Mostly Galaxy 8+
>Type of headphone
Bluetooth for wired option when I want to have good audio quality. I was looking at B&W PX, but I'm concerned about the durability. I was also considering the Sennheiser PXC 550, but I'm not sure how good the audio quality is.
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Tolerable for at least 3 hours
>Sound signature
Fairly neutral but slight v is acceptable
>Past headphones
Denon, Bose, B&W P3 S2.

Any suggestions? I'm pretty stuck.

Oh and I forgot to mention the obligatory "Bose is shit and has mad niggerbass." Obviously, I don't want any more of those but they were on sale; sue me.

consider STAX

Anyone who is not employed by Edifier?

We don't want you blueteethed niggers here.
Fuck off back to r/eddit or buy Stax.

No really we don't like bluetooth headphones here, so if you want to get advice fuck off to r/eddit for those.

Gotcha. Additional, convenient features despite a passive wired mode = bad. I'll just dust off my crackling vinyl player. Wouldn't want anything less than lossless audio. At least you're not dogmatic.

What's this pointless noise?

How could someone ever wear those at home and not get murdered for their godawful taste?

Thanks for the review
Maybe removing the foam will give you more open-ness
youtube.com/watch?v=qE22dZ_jiyU

Yeah but it's at the expense of bass, which isn't worth it for me. The admirable sub-bass performance is a big part of the reason I bought it. It's not like it's a closed-in or claustrophobic sounding, it sounds open, just not as much as others.

>pointless noise
And you think your taste is better? ok fag

Attached: 1412884452485.jpg (494x576, 69K)

>le thanks for the review im such a cancerous newfag lelellelelgsd
>links e-celeb with low class humor, talentless hack, and a shitty ironic weeb
>YEAH SURE IM THE REVEIWER GUY YOU REPLIED TO ;-)
Kill yourselves

Attached: 1411561992395.gif (200x163, 1.25M)

>YEAH SURE IM THE REVEIWER GUY YOU REPLIED TO ;-)
I'm not sure where you pulled that part from, but I'd recommend returning to high-school so you can improve your reading comprehension, my edgy friendo.

It was supposed to be a joke also stop posting ecelebs new Jow Forums user

sure it was.

This sounds exactly like an audeze LCD2C

Yes it was. It was supposed to be like it was you being this guy in the video which is pointless to post in the begin with. He could've done it without involving any e-celebs and you unironically replied to him. Fuck, this place is almost bad as reddit.

>inb4 he replies to me with "muh skrit club nooo"

Someone posting a review by an e-celeb doesn't mean it's an e-celeb post you retard. The linked video is about the headphone being discussed, the person it was by had no relevance.
Go outside.

Nobody wants to visit those stinking incels

No matter what, doesn't matter even if you are ''just'' posting e-celebs, they are all scum. Just mentioning them gives me the creeps and you are a faggot
>Go outside
Go back to your home town.

How do you mod a headphone? also any way to mod a DAC?

post ur stereo system in the other (dead) thread plz

The post was totally on topic and relevant to the discussion at hand, you're just a turbo-autist having your little meltdown because you dislike the person in the video. Literally nobody even mentioned who was in it because nobody cares except you.
Stop derailing the thread you moron. I'm not replying to you again.

Attached: 1523789071877.gif (202x360, 950K)

Wow this general is almost dead.

Uhh what's the most energetic and dynamic headphone? I don't want neutral and balanced. I'm going to be listening to A LOT of pop, techno, trance, 16-bit, eurobeat, disco, so I don't need the clear neutral sounds I need them to be enhanced and sound good to the ears even if not correct.

For the DAC/amp, if they have opamps you can swap them in and out if they're just socketed, or solder them off if you're feeling like a bad widdle boy. But that's a big boy decision to make as you may void any warranties for the DAC

Beyerdynamic DT1990, or Sennheiser HD600/650. If you go with the latter, I reccomend getting an external amplifier, like a schiit modi 3, or a jds labs atom.

How do Beyers compare to ATH? any distinct differences?

are the sony h.ear on 2/wh-h900n comfortable for big ears? i saw the opening of the ear cup is 4cm/1.5in wide, which is pretty small, but can you fit your ears behind the padding? are they over-ear or kinda oversized on-ear? there isn't any store around me where i can try them

elex is fairly tonally balanced but it has nice (exaggerated) vocals

stop having big ears user

Attached: 1538956625850.jpg (512x512, 21K)

>still going on with the oldhag meme
You can go back
>Stop derailing the thread you moron
Oh when this staxnigger spamming is considered good? I see, social selection at finest. Just mention e-celebs one more time I pull my dick on your face.

I miss Tyl. He was my favourite e-celeb.

Attached: Beats Solo.gif (260x146, 847K)

yeah i tried cutting them off but they just keep growing back, bigger than before

normalfag

Yeah, beyer sounds better.