Jow Forumsuts thread: huge fucking mess edition

Jow Forumsuts thread: huge fucking mess edition

Attached: jesus christ.jpg (1632x1224, 362K)

>no tobasco sauce compartment
what a fkn scrublord lol

needs more poo fans 2bh

Attached: poo fans are superior fans.jpg (3264x2448, 1.47M)

What's with all that space if the case doesn't even have a HDD rack?

Even this one you could probably stick a few HDDs below the GPU

shit's expensive

i have an hdd underneath

Planning on something similar with the 3900x I'll pick up next month.

Planning on putting in triple fans in the front and a nvme ssd with no 2.5/3.5 drives. Soon user, soon.

Anyone got some recommendations on getting custom cables for seasonic PSUs? Specifically in noctua colors.

Attached: 9495nt007yj21.jpg (4032x3024, 1003K)

These days the hdd racks are on the bottom hidden from view

Question is, why Code? You don't care about the looks anyway, so why Code? You can get much cheaper motherboards with the same VRMs anyway

been with me for over 3 years now without a single issue (except for that time i tried to get an actually decent OC out of Broadwell-E, I-I'm fine with 4.1 GHz)

Attached: IMG_20160720_145130593_HDR.jpg (4320x2432, 2.65M)

and the retarded meme machine

Attached: 20171016_163317.jpg (3264x2448, 2.39M)

case mod

Attached: 20171016_163250.jpg (3264x2448, 2.38M)

ey, FBM-01
probably not the best cheap rosewill matx case but definitely not the worst, the most solid of the sub 25$ cases ive tried from them

Where's your soundcard homo?

I prefer bequiet! fans myself.
I've mine spinning at 300RPM, kicking up to 900RPM under load.
Loudest part of my build is the one HDD I still have.

Attached: PC-20190906.jpg (2880x2160, 2M)

nice. psu where¿

In the rat's nest

Attached: PC-20190906-R.jpg (2880x2160, 1.85M)

i like the copper and brass, i used to work for a place that made a lot of fittings like that, ran a BTB rotary transfer machine

I puked a little.

practical/10
shoulda gone with soft tubes though

while this was my more flashy XP machine, i later needed to make something a bit more compact and compatible with vista as well
because while shiny and bright early 2000s hardware is super cool, its fucking loud and draws a shitload of power, half the time the shit didnt work, and it was super slow

so now i run this little turdbox
>Pentium D 945 @ 3.4ghz
>stock 800 series pentium D cooler (the giant copper slug one)
>2x512mb Corsair LED 400mhz DDR
>Foxconn 865GM matx motherboard
>sapphire 512mb radeon x1650 pro agp (actually got this new in box from a guy locally)
>turtle beach santa cruz sound card
>2x120mm noctua 900rpm grey fuckers in the front, 80mm stock fan in the back, pci slot cooler as featured on linustechtips
>160gb sata HDD, older WD caviar i got new on amazon for 20 bucks
>crappy insignia psu (though from what i could see with a teardown, definitely not the worst power supply, its decent-ish)
it runs vista professional 32 bit
still good enough to shitpost, struggles to youtube, firefox and chrome 49 are borderline unusable these days so im using some pale moon port i cant remember the name of

Attached: IMG_4231.JPG.3324a74ec6fb489a258465bb4717e2a9.jpg (4032x3024, 962K)

despite being a 95w pentium D, its really not too hot or loud, not nearly as loud as the 3ghz socket 478 p4 on that ecs board with the ocz eliminator2 was (TMD cooler), made the whole fucking thing vibrate

Attached: IMG_4232.JPG.a8e6178da24369c4d575705d8b112488.jpg (3024x4032, 1.04M)

What sort of temperatures do you get on that thing? I've always thought about going mad small form factor. But never seen one with so much cooling; and I'm a stickler for low Cs

Wish AMD would revert to red PCBs for their GPUs.

>reading old video card reviews from 2005
>50db under load and idling at 30db was considered "quiet" at the time
Times sure have changed.

its way quieter than the 7800GS i had in the older XP machine
and definitely quieter than the evga geforce4 ti 4600 i had in it before that, which was a super neat card but it started to artifact a bit
but that thing was actually louder than my vacuum cleaner, the 7800GS was only slightly better

with a repasting and a little voltage mod to the cards fan, the x1650 pro is very very quiet, with the pci slot cooler at its lowest RPM (it lines up perfectly with the cards intake fan and exhaust heatsink area too) its not much louder than my rx 560 is under load

it would be cool to see, but these days pretty much everything has a backplate so the little bit of extra color wouldnt even be seen
the OEM variants of some of their polaris cards had red PCB's though, those HP rx 460's come to mind
i personally really like the really intense blue pcbs, like what Sparkle used on their 200 series cards
gigabyte used a lot of a similar but slightly lighter shade of blue too
though XFX nvidia cards with the black soldermask were neat, they really were the outlander option at the time
ive got an XFX 7300gt with a black pcb that looks so out of place with all the other cards i have from the same era

temps in an SFF system are entirely dependent on how quiet you want to be and how much power you realistically need
running a top tier processor overclocked with minimal airflow is never really a good idea
but this picture for instance is my PC i built my mom for mothers day, who wanted something quiet and small
so extra money went into some components that would be low heat and low noise even if the end result spec wise was retarded
>i7 7700T
>16gb corsair 3000mhz DDR4
>rx 560 aero itx
>corsair rm1000x
>bequiet dark rock pro 4
>evga z270 stinger
>250gb samsung 970 evo nvme ssd
>1tb WD blue sata SSD
>set of custom sleeved cables (for flexibility in this small case)

too long, more in second reply

Attached: IMG_3844.JPG.69956a612e1202993fe511e2f8d22c30.jpg (4032x3024, 792K)

the end result is a PC which makes almost no noise unless you have your ear up against the back side
the cooler never runs above near minimum rpm because its a massive fuckin air cooler on a 35w quadcore, the PSU acts as the exhaust for the system (cpu cooler intakes from rear) and with that tiny bit of airflow, the fan for the psu never comes on, because its a 1000w 80+ gold rated psu running a 35w processor and 60w gpu
the rx 560 even up there in its little no airflow toaster oven area just circulates the tiny bit of air in the case and never gets above 65c, and never above 70% fan speed
thats still a bit fast but its a single 92mm(maybe 100mm?) fan thats fairly quiet anyway

Attached: IMG_20190622_111321.jpg (3264x2448, 1.45M)

Ah, i see. Very nice.
Yeah I've wanted to move from a full tower to something like that to make LANing easier (hate carrying my big rig). I have the same CPU cooler so seeing it in such a small case is encouraging.

Currently i run a Ryzen 1700 and GTX1080 both non-OC'd.
CPU never tops over 40, and the GPU sits at 60 the whole time (fans don't turn on until 61+) during gaming/streaming.

GPU is dummy big though; and I imagine shrinking my case would not be possible without a smaller form factor GPU. But even then I'm sure my temps would raise considerably.

Ever since getting the CPU cooler I've always wanted to line my case with Noctua fans; they're great.

Attached: 1435871155688.png (375x383, 80K)

How do Crossfire 7970s hold up today?

I don't have them anymore. I remember is being pretty decent as long as games supported crossfire, and we all know how that went. Most games would run fine at 2160p60 at medium details. The performance jump to a 1080 was too small so I eventually got a 1080ti

You guys fill up your cases with fans, is there a comparision out there that compares the temps of the cpu and gpu filling a case with fans like that to the stock config?

Attached: pc.jpg (881x777, 259K)

Attached: Photo editing_Cloud20180923_1.jpg (2214x1251, 129K)

that's a dust sock

Attached: IMG_2405.jpg (3264x2448, 1.36M)

Attached: autism box.jpg (3109x2876, 3.76M)

you have to fill up modern cases with fans because they're like a fucking sieve. Top vents, bottom vents, side vents, short-circuit airflow paths everywhere (most prominently for PSUs) It's impossible to use a smaller number of fans to draw air over where you want it these days, it'll just leak out fucking everywhere if you try.

Some reviewers test cases with different fan configs. I think gaymer nexus does it

What case is that? It looks like a great size. If you had a monoblock you'd probably not even need the top and bottom fans.

based and noctpilled

Attached: when you see it.jpg (2933x4000, 2.99M)

Then why is there so much space in front...

needs more noctua fans 2bh
A I R F L O W

Bruh check that sata power cable on the ssd

Attached: freshbuild2018.jpg (1200x800, 170K)

Attached: 2019-05-09 20.24.50.jpg (1925x1971, 1.12M)

i wanted a high quality motherboard that had 2 m.2 slots

Attached: Owl takes care of Lisa Su's heat.jpg (1381x1000, 383K)

You actually lose airflow as the length of a duct increases. Which is why in-line fans are a thing, to keep pressure and airflow going. Pressure will eventually push air out but there will be turbulence and weak pressure on the other end. So the idea case for airflow should have the shortest possible path in and out.

Attached: 1561232679164.jpg (1512x2016, 1M)

This is my shit box (upgraded dell precision t3500)
>intel Xeon x5670
>Nvidia Quadro m4000
>24Gb ddr3 ram
>no brand 1tb sata ssd
>hitachi HSGT 4tb hdd
>Seagate 2tb hdd

Attached: 20190622_163620.jpg (4032x1960, 3.04M)

Was going to build a similar rig but in a larger case.

With that 35w chip you could have gotten away with a noctua low profile cooler that is just as quiet, but it is shit brown so if you were going for the noir aesthetic it wouldnt work.

Do you like the corsair rmx line? Was thinking of putting one in my build but I'm also considering a bequiet psu that only outputs 19db

Why is cable management so abysmal in this thread?

Attached: PSX_20190622_140203.jpg (4160x3120, 2.38M)

who cares it doesn't decrease or increase your performance

It does though, if you have a big pile of wires in front of airflow, it will have worse tempetures.

>my case has so much lighting that i need blicking wings for my monitor
rgb was a mistake

Attached: captainpicard.jpg (541x310, 10K)

are you talking about yourself too?

negligible, you autist

I'm pretty sure it doesn't , as strange as that sounds, as long as your case isn't literally packed full.

Still one should manage cables because it makes it easier to get at components and because being a messy slob spreads to other areas. If you are a neet, nobody may see your room but you should keep it clean.

>all these big cases
where is the rest of the SFF gang? I see a couple in this thread.

Attached: ncase.jpg (8024x5760, 3.35M)

What do you do with all your storage?

cheap chinese nas , I wanted a mobo with dual ethernet for that purpose, but for some reason if I plug the nas I don't get internet, but wifi works just fine.

You wired it to your PC? What's the point of the SFFPC then...

Nice GPU cooling setup. What cooler is it?

When will noctua give us NH-D15 and NH-U12A with black fans? Fucking cunts i swear they would get atleast 20% more fucking sales if they would just kindly listen to the consumers and give us those black cpu coolers instead of their old ass shit coloured fans.

I really fucking hate noctua for this shit. They make you buy either inferior coolers with up to date colors or their really great coolers with literal shit colors. Fuck noctua.

>hurr why don't Noctua conform to everyone else's bland look
Buy some black Be Quiet fans, zoomer.

based
cable management is for ocd faggots

no the nas sits two floors down in the basement. my room as two ethernet lines right next to each other so the plan was to use one for the nas, and the other for internet. but for some reason I can't run them both at the same time, it's either one or the other. the router sits in the basement which is where all the ethernet lines in the house are supposed to pug into. I was worried I'd get shit internet since my room is far away, but I've never had any issues with wifi
accelero xtreme III
I actually like the tan and brown tho

>hurr why don't people like those literal shit color schemes from 90's
If you'd have afford a case with a glass side panel you would know what i'm talking about.

Black versions of their new fans are coming next year

Get bent, you gay cunt. Are you seriously so unimaginative that you think only all black builds can ever look good?

Cool. I've been thinking about getting a new pc.

>glass side panel
fuck off, zoomer

>no the nas sits two floors down in the basement. my room as two ethernet lines right next to each other so the plan was to use one for the nas, and the other for internet. but for some reason I can't run them both at the same time, it's either one or the other. the router sits in the basement which is where all the ethernet lines in the house are supposed to pug into. I was worried I'd get shit internet since my room is far away, but I've never had any issues with wifi
Oh I see. Interesting idea. Have you considered just getting a wifi 6/AX router and a few intel AX200 m.2 wifi cards? Having your NAS and PC on a wifi 6 network may be faster than a single gigabit ethernet port

>Are you seriously so unimaginative that you think only all black builds can ever look good
Please tell me which other manufacturers (case, motherboard, gpu etc) give you a color scheme that matches noctuas shit colored fans? You are most welcome to change my mind and post parts with compatible color scheme.

I have considered that, but they're still to expensive. I'm looking for a router that has a good range extender. I'm paying for 20 down 10 up, but being all the way on the other side of the house I can't get those speeds. I might do that if there are any good deals on this years thanksgiving/christmas

Attached: american internet.png (859x137, 19K)

White and black both work well with the Noctua colors, just don't introduce even more colors.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

worst ITT

Attached: sausage in a hallway.jpg (2160x3840, 3.45M)

Not really a SFF but not that far off.

Attached: IMG_20190623_012922.jpg (1560x1438, 807K)

>Predator X
based, i modified mine, removed most of the front bays to get more space and installed a glass window.

Attached: IMG_20190622_195049.jpg (5312x2988, 1.31M)

>fell for the poo fan meme

>it's flipped
what the fuck

I had to explain this to a bunch of devs yesterday. Most phones mount the sensor with its orientation sideways, and when you take a picture the orientation metadata of the photo file is usually set as the same as the sensor orientation. Some phones autocorrect the orientation but many don't. Image viewers use that orientation metadata to rotate the file at run time, but Jow Forums strips the metadata and doesn't use it afaik

Jow Forums deletes exif data so retards like (You) don't dox yourself.

Orientation is stored on the EXIF?
Fuck

>glass side panel
gay as fuck

How many 3.5 HDD's can you put on there?

why can't intel coolers look as good as amd coolers

What case?
Will you still keep maxing out this thing?
It's your daily driver or just a shitpost machine?

Waiting on Zen 2 to drop to build a workstation and ditch the gaymer shit.
That 16c chip would be a monster with a custom loop.
The 17yr old me thought this was 10/10, now I cringe if I turn on the LEDs.

Attached: IMG_20171201_012515-1.jpg (2103x1920, 1.86M)

are you gay?

I like it

>where is the rest of the SFF gang?
In /lgbt/ and /vg/

If I took a shot in your mouth you'd probably like it.
Because you have no taste.

pic might come out sideways bc 4chink is being dumb

Attached: 20190621_204441.jpg (3264x1836, 2.05M)

Looks nice, like the weird white support beam thing.

do your top vents have dust filters?

>predator x
it's actually pic related, looks surprisingly similar tho

Attached: rosewill thor v2.jpg (1280x960, 107K)

The interiors are fucking identical.

they're probably both made by the same OEM