What thermal paste do you use?

What thermal paste do you use?

Attached: ac-mx-2-4g_0[1].jpg (632x632, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/reviews/thermal-paste-comparison,5108-11.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MX-4 works well enough in case of my CPU and GPU

my own semen

i dunno
it wasn't on the spec sheet and neofetch doesn't say

based and redpilled

Thermal Kryonaut
Not sure why, 5.5g was on sale, so i brough one of those with some fans
Works wonders, even has a horizontal flat tip for spread the paste a bit better instead of a big dot

About ten years ago I got sick of having a machine in pieces on the table and then finding I was out of thermal grease, so I bought three of those enormous 22-gram tubes of Arctic Alumina. I've used it for everything since then and I still haven't gone through it all.

I KNEW IT

gd900

nt-h2

Arctic silver 5. Old but still the best.

GC-extreme

schmear

The kind in those little throw away packets, the regular thermal compound from along time ago. They still work.

This guy's semen

Kryonaut. Haven't used anything else in ages.
If it's copper or nickel plated, I use Conductonaut though, not paste.

Attached: 04_ARM14.jpg (1024x768, 95K)

Don't bother with it, now I cut open a coke can, cut a CPU sized lump, flatten it and stick that in, never failed me yet.
Thermal compound is a fucking con

Colgate

Toothpaste

Thermal pads. Everything else is placebo for daily use.

Do you squeeze it yourself or just let him monkey with your silicon?

ground niggermeat

MX-4

>being a faggot
its on amazon

NT-H1.

Rate me.

Attached: b667fd80f71d28047657c23bbdb9b6ba.jpg (936x348, 48K)

same, this stuff is reliable and inexpensive

this

That one, but it looked different in 2015.

Attached: 684662_0__8323661.jpg (1280x1280, 49K)

Noctua NT-H1
Works great with no fuss.

The best one, of course!

Attached: 1539009865627.gif (332x332, 2.07M)

FUUUUUCK YOUUUUU

I'm about to put together my first build. Is there any difference between MX-4 and NT-H2 other than price?

Pretty sure NT-H2 performs slightly better but its a negligible difference.

Deepcool Z5

>Not using his gf semen

Attached: 1561214960948.jpg (900x1211, 77K)

Whatever came with my scythe cooler. I'm not autistic enough to worry about 1-2c, assuming there is even a difference.

Most important thing isn't brand, but that you apply the correct amount. Always swap out the standard paste, factories add way too much thermal paste resulting in very bad temps. My 240 AIO was cooling like shit before I replaced the paste due to the obscene amounts applied.

MX-4

>MX-2
Imagine unironically actually using that.

And designed in Austria

Just get Kryonaut

This. The difference between the absolute cheapest OEM shit and the most expensive enthusiast non-conducting paste is less than 5K if both are applied correctly.

Why would anyone use anything other than Kryonaut?
It's non-conductive so you have 0 risk of damaging your components if you apply too much or accidentally spill it somewhere and it's performance is already at the physical limit.

Because it's quite expensive. MX-4 is ~1€/g, Kryonaut about 3€/g.
Of course the difference is miniscule when building a PC from scratch, but I still get the feeling that I'm being ripped off.

It really blows my mind that someone probably spent hours making an animated gif where they were changing thermal paste with mayonnaise.

Attached: mayo 13.gif (500x334, 1.57M)

Most people are triggered by the fact that the "paste" is applied between the socket and CPU. Then they notice it's mayonnaise to begin with :-)

thanks
looks expensive desu

It's the best desu

Also that they apply it in a stripe, like toothpaste.

How is this compared to the HY lineup? e.g. HY810?

The lower end HYs are shit, but there doesn't seem like a range of GD series but only GD900, so is this automatically better quality?

Not him, but GD900 is legit. Stressing my 8086k under prime 95 for ~20min I was within 2c of Grizzly Kryonaut. Considering this was at the high end that's pretty impressive and the gap closes under lighter normal loads. Cheap as fuck, only gripe was I had to order it from Aliexpress and it took 2 weeks to get here, but I got 3 30g tubes for ~$10. For reference 11g of Grizzly Kryonaut is ~$28.

I originally got it because I was going to stress test ~40+ different cooler/fan combinations. Plan is to use GD900 for all my testing and Kryonaut for my daily use, but desu once my tube of Kryonaut eventually runs out I won't bother replacing it.

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut and Conductonaut 'cause anything else is for all you plebes.

The insider secret is 1 small piece of aluminum foil. Best temps I've ever had and destroys thermal meme pastes. Give it a try

Usually arctic silver 5

currently MX-4, but my brother got me a kryonaut, so now i'm using up all my mx-4 on old PCs, laptops, even my friends' xboxes and playstation so i don't feel like wasting good paste

Got this stuff on my CPU currently, was cheap and works fine. Will probably switch it out for some Phobya Nanogrease Extreme along with my GPU's stock paste at some point, when I decide to rebuild my PC or something.

Attached: CM%20Thermal%20Compound%20Essential-%20E2-600x600[1].jpg (600x600, 16K)

graphite pads you autists

NT-H1, obviously. It's cheap as fuck and incredible, just fucking awesome. Plus there's a cute redhead on the packaging.

Attached: s-l1600.png (1000x1000, 932K)

Colgate.

Attached: 1991546235649.png (1000x1000, 225K)

It's kind of rubbish m8

tomshardware.com/reviews/thermal-paste-comparison,5108-11.html

NT-h2 is only like 1 degree better than NT-h1 and here's H1 getting its ass kicked up and down the board. You might as well just get the 5.5g kryonaut

It's only good when free. Otherwise you've been fooled like many others into thinking it's legitimately good because TIMs have been bottlenecked by Intel's thermal semen for so long but reviewers won't just move onto testing coolers with AM4 CPUs

used OCZ freeze, then it ran out, so I used OP's (MX-2)

I don't overclock, so I don't feel like I need the best of the best

Attached: 41CcD3BNWOL._SX355_.jpg (355x288, 9K)

Based

arctic mx-4 is probably the best is terms of the amount you get for its price.

the 20g tube is dirt cheap and lasts for fucking ever.

default thermalpaste on my cpu cooler

Attached: feelscoolman.jpg (222x216, 10K)

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut has worked really well for me.

most people put way way to much on
metal on metal is actually the best, paste is meant to only fill in the non contact areas anyway not be another layer of material heat has to pass to and from
less is more with thermal paste. if the surfaces are flush, very little is needed. in a perfect theoretical situation none would be needed.
you can also use a sheet of glass and some very fine sand paper to achieve near perfect flat surfaces for much better heat transfer.

There's a GD range but they're pretty rare and hard to find, from the lowest end GD33 to some better variations of GD900 (iirc there was a silver as in artic silver variant)
HY810 it's about the same as the GD900 on most tests I've seen, sometimes worse, spec wise the HY810 should be better
Personally I use HY880, they recently released the HY-A2 which spec wise should compete with Corsair's Mastergel something

been using Arctic Silver 5 on my xboxes, works like a charm

I've done this before and the temps were actually decent. Much better than stock paste and close to the performance of high end goo's ive used. People really think the tin foil trick is a meme but it works.

I knew this post would be here before I opened the thread

Whatever they sell @ Fry's. Brand doesn't matter. I've used automotive dialectric grease before. Not much difference chemically.

mx-2, mx-4 and kyronaut

Any links for HY-A2?

Colgate Refreshing White

Oh for fuck's sake, the secret is out?

You jest, but really try it sometime.

The fuck is this? Some sort of autistic trolling to get peoples chips to burn out?

It's no use user. The word is out. Reverse trolling won't work

why can't you stick the cooler directly to the cpu

Attached: 1545621364297.png (218x231, 7K)

I'm not using electrically conductive paste lol.

Hmmm...how about the HY880? Found one store selling the same price as GD900 for 30g

Attached: HTB1RtcsaOzxK1RkSnaVq6xn9VXav[1].jpg (700x700, 41K)

here
So HY880 is better?

You'll end up shorting your PC lol

coolermaster mastergel pro. don't really see a point in splurging on kryonaut autism

Never tried it

CPU paste: Arctic Silver 5
GPU paste: MX-4

Barilla

>Somebody got paid to make this image
Chinks I swear.
What the hell did they even pixelate the top portion for, does the syringe count as a phallic device or what?

Bumping for HY880

nt-h2 isn't even in this benchmark

MX-4

I've used it for years and never had a problem, just don't be a retard.
I even use it on all my laptops. Proper usage is the key.

The default one lmao

Mayo, it's better than some cheap thermal pastes.