What will life be like in the year 2100? What technologies will exist by then? Flying cars? Life extending machines...

What will life be like in the year 2100? What technologies will exist by then? Flying cars? Life extending machines? robot gfs? power suits?

Attached: 960248cfeea4f02943aa1bc436ebd1d5-imagepng.png (1050x587, 925K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/juvenoia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: Blade Runner 2049.jpg (1024x429, 169K)

it will be the same as now except phones will replace the desktop and laptop

Humanity has no future.

Chinese style government surveillance everywhere. Social media accounts are mandatory. You get a social point system. Depending on how good a citizen you are, you get a score from 1-10.

All products, games etc. are dumbed down. Everything is soldered on. Shit keyboards etc.

No cars because climate change. Everyone has to take government public transport system. If you have a high social score you can use city cars.

Robot sexdolls etc have been banned.

You mean, if we dont end the planet in a nuclear holocaust? Probably some advanced intrusive AR, light cybernetic enhancements, exo skeletons for cripples, 10nm

Only slavic humanity

I'm sure all the countries who agreed with the Chinese Belt and Road scheme will experience cyber dystopia like in Snow Crash or Neuromancer.

US is too fluctuating to predict. We may get utopia or the sam shit we have today.

I agree with most of your points but overall I see the future as being dominated by an enormous neo-feudalism divide of very poor and very rich with no middle class, just like the old days. the middle class is a very short lived phenomenon that only existed due to a certain set of circumstances recently that will soon go away again.
>Chinese style government surveillance everywhere. Social media accounts are mandatory. You get a social point system. Depending on how good a citizen you are, you get a score from 1-10.
this part is definitely true, and there will be facial/body/id recognition and tracking everywhere. police states are going to be the dominant force of the future. but I dont know that it's all bad, heavy policing will allow the huge class divide to exist without it being a violent hellhole, it will jsut be completely unfree
>All products, games etc. are dumbed down. Everything is soldered on. Shit keyboards etc.
maybe, I don't think this is that likely though actually. the upper class will have great and smart products but the lower class will be dominated by dumb shit
>No cars because climate change. Everyone has to take government public transport system. If you have a high social score you can use city cars.
I agree with this, also with self driving cars you can effectively censor people from entering certain areas. poor people will be stuck with public transit, and all autonomy will be gone and controlled by governments and corporations
>Robot sexdolls etc have been banned
I dont think so actually, I'm pretty sure this type of stuff will actually get completely rampant because it is so useful in pacifying populations

Im sure in 2100 Slavic countries will still be like 1980

I'm starting to believe life in the future will be like in science fiction movies
all of them
at once

Not that. That is more like 2300.

Same as now technology will stagnate in the 21st century

Neo-Metal age (1500-1700s era tech).

World War III will almost certainly happen between then and now. The conflict will be so destructive that almost all modern infrastructure will destroyed or rendered useless by a few decades of neglect.
The great irony that is digital information is extremely fragile and can easily get lost to the "sands of time". The media it is stored on can't survive without frequent migrations/coping. The priceless code and software standards live and breath on a small number of individuals once they kick the bucket. Good luck trying to reverse-engineer any of it without any physical "paper trails".

nah theres not going to be a world war 3, the model for the new kind of war is the cold war and also the ukraine annexation by russia or the proxy wars in asia and the me

Attached: OverGoy.jpg (744x533, 41K)

In 2100, the world has become a collection of Islamic states at war with each other. A nuclear WWIII is fought over who is the true prophet of Allah, Muhammad or Jesus.

Natural resource crunch and side-effects of overpopulation will most certainly unleash it

Shit is already at the breaking point right now. USA, EU and China politicking makes a lot more sense when you factor in certain resources and demographics. It is eerily similar to pre-WWI-era Europe.

At 45, looking back on the changes I expected and saw in my own life: You won’t see the kind of amazing technology advances you want. My generation wanted super computers with blinkenlights, jet packs, moon bases, etc. We got paywalls and iPhone zombies - the gayest possible development of tech. Also, nobody thought we’d turn into some bizarro surveillance society with half the population on Rx - we thought we’d all get self-parking Trans Ams with t-tops. Again, gayest possible outcome. So, I predict relatively little change in the way you live day to day, but tech changes in the gayest possible way. Something like you can eat all you like for free, but it’s all tasteless, requires you wear a but-lug, and you get a prostate orgasm every time you purchase from advertisers.

The US is a non-contender in any future global conflict on account of inevitable internal conflict. Maybe one of it's successor states will be involved in some capacity but it almost certainly won't be a major player. Doubly so for Europe taken as a single super-national state.

europe is already fading into the background on the world stage and and we're accepting the chinese micropenis into a hole drilled directly into our brain

Pretty much, although I expect China is going to have it's own internal problems that all the social credit scores and government surveillance in the world won't be able to prevent. Hong Kong openly defying Beijing is probably the shape of things to come for them even on the mainland. Also as the US is forced to withdraw from the world stage and Russia and China have fewer reasons to be friends you can be sure Moscow will be happy to lend a hand to Chinese dissidents where they can.

everyone will be brown and they will eat poop + each other. i call it shitskin world.

Attached: Víctor Dorantes-Valle.jpg (591x589, 97K)

I'm pretty sure any generation born in a police state would accept it as normal and society would permanently change, I actually can't imagine a non-authoritarian future

A generation of useless drone-prisoners.

honestly any generation from before 1900 would see us the same way

Juvenoia
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/juvenoia
vsauce has a really good video on it

this exists but it's greatly overused as a way of dismissing the idea that some things could possibly actually be worse about modern cultures compared to older ones. we have a narrative that everything we're doing now is better than the past and it's very far from automatically true.
cultures really do rise and fall, they can actually deteriorate and there are very many examples in history of cultures degrading and destroying themselves. it happens all the time.
the fact that the old often dislike the young culture is not a blanket excuse to dismiss concerns about the direction of society and culture.

More like more heat, lower crop yields, fucked up weather, natural disasters, mass immigration due to food and water shortages, possibly a huge war involving nukes. Future isn't look bright more bleak. As for technology I'd imagine lasers that can zap you from space.

I see a lot of posts about the bad stuff, but none about possible solutions. Come on.

>lower crop yields
I work as an agriculture data scientist and actually most models I've seen aren't that bad for this, there's lots of new growing areas and the development in new methods and species has really offset everything by quite a lot. I can't comment on all the other stuff but I'm not personally worried about crop yields. individual regions will have higher variance but it will be a wash in the bigger picture.

Kill nonwhites.

World is going to shit, jump planet.

one solution is to advance GMOs. I wish greenpeace and other terrorists organizations disappeared.

What about places like africa? They're expecting the worlds population to go from 7.7 billion to 10 billion in 2055, there's already 1.2b people in africa by 2055 theres going to be more and if that region doesn't do so well trying to home and feed 2 billion africans might be a challenge.

gmos are advancing really fast you don't need to worry about it much, there's really big money in making good crops. in industry the public protests about it are mostly seen as a joke. there's a lot of new stuff coming down the line too, it's a lot healthier and tastier.

What did you study to become a griculture data scientist?

WE WILL HAVE GAYS THAT ARE SO GAY, THAT EVEN THEIR GAYNESS IS GAY. YOU THINK THAT THE WORLD IS GAY IN 2020? IMAGINE BLOCKCHAIN POWERED NEURAL GAYNESS!!!!

The future is gay!!!!

Attached: 1280px-Gay_Pride_Flag.svg.png (1280x791, 2K)

I honestly couldn't comment on that because I don't have any real knowledge of that area or things like feeding capacities, supply chain etc, but I can say in terms of things like yields, growing seasons, dealing with weather changes and soil changes, it's not that big of a deal and the new tech in the field is advancing really fast. 50 years ago it was farmers planting whatever they reckoned was going to be lucky that year and nowadays everything is really heavily planned out and carefully optimized for risk and yield and so on. we have special crops for almost every situation and things are looking really bright for the future. there's plenty of things to worry about in climate change but I can honestly say growing crops is not one of them.

I grew up on a farm, then did a bsc in applied math, then went to grad school in statistics. I'd like to say my employer but the team is small enough that you could figure out exactly who I am with what I've already said and I'm not legally allowed to talk about very much publicly.

Hispanic is not a race, it's a made-up word (literally invented by the US census bureau in 1970) and only the Americans use it.

The way Humanity is going there will be no utopia. Technology is allowing government and corporations to manipulate and control society in very subtle but profound ways. There doesn't seem to be any interest in solving the great challenges of mankind aside from posturing, virtue signaling and some random token gestures here and there. Only necessity will lead to revolutionary technologies being created.

By 2100 we will be living in a world reshaped by global warming - not geographically but demographically. Much like in Blade Runner you will have cities all over the world overrun by refugees, immigrants, massive slums. The superrich will live above it all, perhaps literally, with high-rises connected by bridges with gardens and bikepaths.

As for the world, it will probably be stuck in a new Cold War. The West will grow increasingly authoritarian if not fully, and will in many ways come to resemble China. It will be a purely geopolitical Cold War rather than ideological, though it may be disguised as the latter for the masses.

New technologies we'll probably have - Hydroponic farms in orbit around the Earth to complement food production, regular space travel to orbital bases (with proper authorization, not for plebs), optical computers, thorium nuclear reactors, VAT-grown replacement organs, matter compression for transport, we'll develop new material compounds, nanotechnology may be extensively used in medicine and construction and also extremely regulated outside of these two fields because it will also be used for terrorism.

Robots may exist but not in the way sci-fi envisions them. I'm not sure we will ever get fully past the uncanny valley, sexbots will be created but after a brief fad people will find them creepy and they will fall out of style. Fully-immersive VR will be much more appealing to people.

Attached: 1c3yqx6jrrl11.jpg (776x1125, 150K)

Actually i take back what i said about water, fuckers have over 600 lakes in africa they're just too fucking dumb to clean it. What a waste of a continent.

Have buttsex.

Society will probably have collapsed due to climate change by then so who the fuck cares?
Go back to

can you imagine a world where we have FLYING GAYS?

Attached: nz-flying-gays.jpg (468x352, 33K)

>The superrich will live above it all

Attached: Ff7-midgar.jpg (800x600, 105K)

I hope we get true AI devices by that time. Not so much that we let it lead us or control us but so i can have random conversations with it.

>fuckers have over 600 lakes in africa they're just too fucking dumb to clean it.
France and China are too busy using Africa as their electronic/nuclear waste landfill.

This

based china

At the rate shit's happening now by 2100 this planet will be fucked. Thank god I'll be dead before then.

If the assholes in power don't cause WW3 the dawning age of A.I will. Some smart robot or computer will take one look at humans and the shit we do and decide it's better to kill us than to allow the dumb shit to keep on happening. Then Global warming will just fuck us all in the ass. People are saying Mars and bases and shit like that. Get real. That shit won't happen for a long long time yet. By the time they even get around to sending people to mars just to do experiments most of the current generation will be dead or old age. There ain't been anyone to the moon for damn near 50 yrs as it is.

And nothing of value was lost. Africa always was and always will be a shithole. And it's not solely the fault of colonialism.

Africa is literally the garden of Eden, it's truly paradise, and it's wasted on the worst humans in existence who live there.

Not even opposed to that, fuckers been in africa for 200000 years and they still haven't figured out how to get easy water and food.

I doubt AI will cause WW3. It'll probably just come to the conclusion that the best choice is accelerating climate change. The planet and plant and wildlife will recover eventually, but we will be fucked before we can even say fuck.

Most of the humanity enslaved even more than today and serving the rich.

Nobody ITT has mentioned Mars though.
By 2100 we'll have bases (like the ISS) in Earth orbit but that's it IMHO. Maybe some chink will step on Mars and they'll call it a day, like the Americans did with the Moon.

If the chinks said they're sending people to mars, america would follow really fucking quickly

Yeah but it'd still be maybe 12 people on a suicide mission with no real benefit. Even if we could somehow get people back resource efficiently there's still the problem of radiation that will widen your ass on mars till you can ram a Soyuz 11 up there.

>nah theres not going to be a world war 3
>water depletion and drought increases year by year as populations swell
Water will be there catalyst for WW3

You underestimate how bad things will deteriorate on Earth in the next 50 years. There will be pressing issues that will force the money to be invested here. And public pressure from the pleb masses, as well.

hahaha le glorious white man amirite fellow Jow Forumspedes??
fucking pathetic

Panem et circenses, I wouldn't doubt either country would do it just to distract people from the shit going on by then.

It's ok just 3.6 roentgen not great not terrible

Don't worry, China foresaw the problems in Africa and they're actively working to infiltrate the continent from within.

I'm always surprised humanity makes it to the next year, let alone fucking 2100.

We're all goddamn fucked, and we better get that idea in our heads and FUCKING FIX EVERYTHING before it actually happens.

I'll be either dead or 108 years old and there's no chance of that considering my weight.

america is a pretty sick society, the global reach it's trying to maintain can't possibly last

>The superrich will live above it all, perhaps literally, with high-rises connected by bridges with gardens and bikepaths.
What's funny is that exact bridge scenario already exists in South Africa where the major city areas are overrun with (quite literally!) retarded spear chuckers.

cringe

Just like people in the 50's though we would live in Sci Fi looking cities and have flying cars, we don't, our cities look similar even keeping some of the buildings from back then, the 2100's will look somewhat similar to our times except the buildings get a little flashier, technology becomes even more portable and cars drive themselves without killing you in the process.

Those in the know are aware that the problem is not fixable as the forces involved grossly exceed human capability to cope with them. They've been preparing for 60 years. You're not fixing shit. All you can do is prepare best you can. When it goes down, the fucks in charge are not going to save you.

Attached: 1560827212982.jpg (720x672, 37K)

>still believing in fucking self-driving cars when you can't even fucking trust your goddamn computer or shitphone to do anything right and it never gets any better
Face it, self-driving cars is a fucking fantasy and will NEVER happen.

>shit keyboards etc.
what Jow Forums is worried about

Not him and not exactly a fan of self-driving cars either but of all meme tech of today self-driving cars are the one that's by far most likely to become a viable reality in the near future (5-10 years).

>our cities look similar
not really dude. shanghai in 2019 is completely different from anything from the 50s.

Cars will be able to self-drive with less incidents than human drivers in the next 20 years, if you think by 2100 we won't have them functional you're fucking retarded and out of touch.

The singularity will save us all, if you aren’t helping you will perish.

LOL

I would unironically let my car be a botnet too. Imagine if the cars could automatically detect potholes and report them back into a huge database so the government know to go fucking fix them. It could also automatically update other built in maps to other cars of traffic/accidents. The more autonomous cars the better for mapping out roads better for the other cars. Then you get to a point where you get in your car have a nap and arrive anywhere you want.

>muh cherry picking
Look at an average city from America in 1950's and now. Where's that fucking massive difference that you can see in OP's pic ? Where's the retro-futuristic look they thought the future was gonna have ? Buildings use relatively similar materials and methods for construction, have similar sizes just have a more modern touch to them and flashy billboards were replaced by flashy leds.

>it looks like you've attempted to set a destination for your car that you are not authorized to go
>this crime has been reported, the doors will now lock and you will be driven to the nearest police station to be detained

How does this disprove my point you shit eating mongrel ? Dystopian or not it's happening anyway.

why do you even think I was trying to disprove your point lol calm down & have sex

IMHO, cars will be self-driving and integrated into the mass transit network, but rich hobbyists and people outside the cities will have "regular" (like today but enchanced) driving cars as well.

It will be like Macbooks vs Thinkpads in a way. True hobbyists and connoiseurs will own their own custom cars, while the average pleb won't even know how to drive.

>joins discussion about whether x or y will exist
>makes off topic paranoid post
Was it autism ?

America is cherry picking also.
Look at Europe. Depending on the city at hand you literally have futuristic offices and houses right next to historic 19th century houses, often even much older than that. America is just reaaaaally slow to catch on due to their government not giving two shits about infrastructure and city planing etc.

This won't happen over night or even in the next decade or two but eventually the cars of today will only be allowed to be driven on race tracks and basically be a hobby thing like you said. And honestly with how retarded people drive around here I can't say that's a bad thing.

>Look at Europe
Yeah, look at Europe. Oh look at the good part of Europe, don't look at most of Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe, South America and North America. Nope don't look there.
If you go to Eastern Europe you'll notice that their commie block cities look identical as the did in the 60-70's just with a larger number of cars on the roads. That's 50+ years of evolution and I don't see the futuristic look happening anytime soon.

I wonder what older generation (boomer, greatest generation) feel about technology advancement. They went from radio, car, TV, phones, internet, smartphones. Isn't that feels like magic?

But maybe like us millineals it was slowly like 10 years ago smartphone was barely a thing nowadays you cannot function normally without it.

Then don't look at 99% of the USA because it's the same here. Dumbfuck kid doesn't realize there are actual modern cities in the places you list as well as shitty suburban/rural places, just like the USA.

Asia will be full cyberpunk aesthetic.
Africa and the poorer parts of Latin America may get there too. It's easier to build over a blank canvas.

North America / Europe / Richer parts of LatAm / Russia have more of a concern for protecting historical buldings so the aesthetic will be more like cyberpunk lite, as in pic related.

Attached: wallpaper-2639874.jpg (1920x1080, 507K)

You know exactly what I meant by Europe.
And yes look at eastern Europe. They got top notch roads even far better than the ones where I live and if you look at their big cities they usually look the same as the ones in western Europe aka "futuristic" mixed with old houses. Of course if you travel to the middle of nowhere in Bulgaria I wouldn't expect modern looking cities either.
And If you want to compare Asia, Africa and South America to Europe or the US then that's the most retarded comparison I've seen this decade.

What will 4ch be like in 2100? Will AI posting happen faster than I can read? Will humans be able to keep up or will threads move too quickly? Will self-posting phones make incels obsolete?

>actual modern cities
Yeah, cherry picked cities while the vast majority of the population lives in normal cities.
Also even they're a major disappointment for anyone who in the 50's was a future geek that time traveled to our time. He'd be more impressed by cars and phones rather than by buildings and he'd be disappointed when he learns cars drive basically the same and even at similar speeds.

Jow Forums will be closed permanently in 2020 to avoid meddling with us election.

Attached: 1451115931577.jpg (400x400, 12K)

>And yes look at eastern Europe. They got top notch roads even

Attached: 1385810364669.jpg (413x395, 19K)

Wasn't there that quote about any technology that is advanced enough will eventually be indistinguishable from magic or something along those lines?
Judging by my (great) grandparents that actually are boomers and greatest generation they know it isn't magic but it feels like that to them. Honestly I think to people that don't care about tech all that much today the shit we'll have by 2050 or 2080 will probably also seem like magic to them too.
Even I can't keep up with the development of some tech fields today. Look at bio med for example. Shit I thought we wouldn't have by 2050 we already have today.
t. 30 year old boomer

>t. expert on Europe but never left the greatest country on earth™
I have to travel around eastern Europe a lot due to my work and yes they have top notch roads unless you drive into some village in bumfuck nowhere Belarus.

I did a road trip in poland and I couldnt believe how bad the traffic was, but the roads were pretty good