Hardware Unwut?

youtube.com/watch?v=pBtT-vYeIyE
I don't really get the point of this?
>you should dismiss anyone suggesting a Xeon upgrade for older generation customer desktop platforms because this cheap locked 3ghz example on a proprietary enterprise socket isn't a very good gaming solution
Really? Seems like some solid mental gymnastics to draw the conclusion that LGA 1366 and 2011 Xeons aren't worthwhile on existing X58 and X79 boards, because you can build an R3 1400/A320 system cheaper than some random E5 2420?

Attached: xeon_e5_2643_v4_hexa_core_1427421.jpg (2500x2500, 526K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yte904ISSvU
forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/xeons-with-an-open-multiplier.15983/
aliexpress.com/item/X79-LGA-1356-Pin-RECC-DDR3/32962353197.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>E5 2420?
This costs ~$20 on Aliexpress rart

It all depends on the price of the board.

Despite being vague in the video, I still have a feeling that he was referring to PhilsComputerLab exclusively
He recently stared shilling those shitty chinkboards

Attached: 5cqwd85p5p331.jpg (635x791, 201K)

it seemed pretty obvious he was talking about those specific shitty motherboards being used.

anywho, i have to agree with him. the shitty ryzen 1400 is the better buy for the vast majority of people.

Only reason you should ever consider a Xeon is if you manage to pull a working motherboard from e-waste bin.

based

BTFO

Attached: nothin personel kid.png (607x533, 34K)

must suck living in a shithole that's eastern europe

doesn t change that he is right about em shilling

Buying outdated Xeons for gaming in 2019.
lul

go be poor somewhere else and take your poorfag opinions with you

having to resort to >lul the current year
cause you can t argue the points LMAO
I dont have a google account I am extremly carefull to not get bootnet-ed

Well no shit.
It was a a solid, competitive upgrade back in 2014/2015, when the equivalent to a 4790k was the X5650 and could be had for $50

That was 2-3 years before Zen and now we have 7nm CPUs, no shit the market has shifted.
The only old Xeons worth having are 1680V2s, not as a daily driver, but for messing with how an 8 core Ive Bridge Xeon can overclock.

youtu.be/yte904ISSvU
Wow, just in time for this video to be relevant.

Nothing to argue about poorfag.

Negative. There's still plenty of viability for unlocked Xeons on P55, X58 and X79 boards so long as you've already got the platform or found a motherboard cheap.
Given the price of a 1680 V2, I'd say they're one of the last Xeons currently worth buying. The other unlocked 6 core 16xx V2 options are still reasonable value

>Given the price of a 1680 V2, I'd say they're one of the last Xeons currently worth buying
Actually, I take that back. Seems recently priced must have settled down. So they should've with Zen2 around the corner

"Why Ryzen is better than the intel xeon e5 2420?" thread
>replying to the thread about how amd is better with no arguments
>someone replies to you with an argument
>get mad cause the argument is constructed really well and you cant attack it
>insult the poster instead

Typical amd shill behavior, when amd Intel was better it was all about the price, now it isn't anymore huh?

Btw will upgrade from my 1700 to an 3950X my fag buddy just to shut up "humans" like you that only know how to brag and put down others.

>Buying an Intel xeon in 2019
Enjoy ridiculous powerdraw and a house fire from your shitty knockoff chink board. All while Intel cripples your performance with security patches.

>locked 3ghz example
I.e. every Xeon since Sandy Bridge? The days when Xeons were like high end desktop processors but cheaper are long over.

based
if you can't spare $200 for a decent Ryzen cpu+mobo combo then you should stick to consoles.

>locked
>every xeon since sandy bridge
forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/xeons-with-an-open-multiplier.15983/

Attached: 857jbt.gif (480x287, 667K)

AMD Unboxed coming through for AMD again.

Among all the actual tech reviewer Youtubers he's by far the biggest AMD shill.

The point is retarded fucking channels shilling these things as being on par with mdoern systems. As someone else mentioned, PhilsComputerLab has been making ridiculous claims about them recently thanks to flawed testing, like using the tutorial level of Hitman 2 that has almost no NPCs as a benchmark, when the actual levels bring these things to their knees.

Your little rant is cute and all, but people ARE making claims about the gaming performance of mid-2GHz Xeons from ten years ago, and that's why this video exists.

Yeah he must be a shill for not recommending ancient CPU paired with a crap chink mobo.
Get a job and buy something useful, poorfag nigger.

>I don't really get the point of this?
did you visit Jow Forums that past month?

shills was literally spamming this place to buy this shitty cpu

>buying locked xeons
>buying old low speed CPUs
People get what they deserve.

I think you're on the money

Attached: Screenshot_20190622-234646.png (1118x2048, 1.16M)

>imagine knowingly buying insecure processors

Attached: 1561009553146.png (1900x900, 19K)

A console isn t as versatile as a PC and you know it.

yap, phil is a massive "lets buy some shitty old xeons instead of a ryzen/i7" memer

>not a single performance per dollar chart
>muh usb 3.0
>pay 40% more for 20% more performance
Into the trash

Attached: 1560613298641.png (443x485, 171K)

Imagine being so poor you have to buy ancient Xeons to play games.

too bad a decent mobo for it still costs 60+ and its some dubious chink product and you are limited to shitty old dd3

used Xeon platform is a decent choice only for really poor people who need to save every $ and are ready to put up with refurbished chink trash

>moving the goalposts from the point of the entire video

>performance per dollar

then go buy DELL write-offs for 20$ of ebay, nothing can come close to it, too bad it's garbage and headache to setup and use
but why pay 20x more for 2x performance, right

Attached: 1560760959405.gif (334x357, 1.56M)

Just get a job and get some money, building used Xeon systems isn't worth it in 2019.

The video was made for poor people, if being poor isnt an option, the video doesnt need to exist.

if you're poor then you buy an optiplex and call it a day. not these shitty xeons. now go give bad advice somewhere else

You can't be really that poor to consider buying ancient Xeons lul.

>Value only matters when i want it to matter!
If a person isnt using usb 3.0 or doesnt care to upgrade every 2 years, which no poor person will ever do. This xeon is literally the better buy.

buying a ryzen 1600 is the better buy if you're poor

>P55, X58 and X79 boards
P55 and X58 are ancient and a decent X79 board costs more than a AM4 motherboard.

I actually pulled a X58 rig with Core i7 990X and 24GB RAM from e-waste bin and gave it away for free to some poor student club and not once did I consider using it myself.

pic related

Attached: IMG-20190522-WA0005.jpg (1599x899, 213K)

Good luck playing new games in 2021. with your shitty Xeon, assuming your chink board will last you that long in the first place.

Im poor, I make ~500$ per month
Im still not buying refurbished chink garbage and outdated xeons that already choke on yesterdays games

would've been a solid system with a bit overclocking

If you are poor, you dont want a decent option. You want the absolute maximum performance per dollar you can get, you cant provide a single reason as to why the xeon isnt better in this case other than
>what if the person who is clearly poor wants to waste money to buy a new cpu every 2 years
>what if the poor person has expensive peripherals that require usb 3.0
You would have to go through some hellish mental gymnastics to justify that.
As if 8 threads will serve you any better, you are not looking to future proof when you buy these parts.
>b-but i make enough money for a decent system
Thats great user, but the ryzen 1400 is still not the better value for those who want to get the most out of their money.

>decent X79
only makes sense to buy chink ones for ~50
aliexpress.com/item/X79-LGA-1356-Pin-RECC-DDR3/32962353197.html

>too bad it's garbage and headache to setup and use
This. Every connector on the motherboard is non-standard and the case is shit. Transplanting the mobo to a new case requires a ton of work and even improving the old case is a pain in the ass.

I pulled this Optiplex 9020 from e-waste bin and upgraded it. Never again, I'll most likely end up scrapping the rest of the Dell parts before end of the year and move the good stuff (PSU, 500GB SSD and GTX970) to a Ryzen 3000 low end build.

Attached: IMG_20190622_195649.jpg (2048x1536, 1.33M)

That's not a X79 chipset motherboard you stupid fuck.

DDR3 is still cheaper than ddr4

it literally is just poor slavs buying this shit.

Attached: Capture.jpg (653x883, 49K)

..and? X79 CPUs still work

>you are not looking to future proof when you buy these parts.
Well with AM4 boards you have a decent upgrade path, I bet Zen2 parts will be dirt cheap in 2-3 years time.

You're genuinely retarded if you think that "X79 CPUs" (aka LGA 2011 CPUs) will work in that LGA 1356 board.

cause most people cant afford new PC parts, thanks based Putin!

By the time a person that poor wants to upgrade, ddr5 would be standard and you would have to get a whole motherboard anyway. Zen 2 is not a big enough improvement to warrant an upgrade for those who are short on money.

tfw bought a Xeon a year and a half ago to replace my i7 930 and I still haven't put it in

Well r7 3700x will be a decent upgrade from a r5 1400 to say the least. Cope harder poorfag.