/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Old thread: What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Attached: 1561171425694.jpg (1536x2116, 367K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/libra/libra
github.com/Laurelai/anti-fascist-mit-license/blob/master/LICENSE
github.com/sunshowers
businessinsider.com.au/amazon-ai-biased-against-women-no-surprise-sandra-wachter-2018-10?nojs=1
warosu.org/g/thread/S69795630#p69796745
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I support this campaign to bring yuruposting back to Jow Forums

Attached: ayyy_lmao_anime.webm (600x338, 762K)

programming break

Attached: camera.jpg (927x810, 566K)

I haven;t programmed in years. What should I make? I enjoy C.

I think I should use C++ for my wasm bideo game

Attached: 1551218698073.jpg (495x534, 32K)

bet you spent more time deciding on what to use rather than actually programming

I think you should fucking neck yourself.

Show me the JavaScript now, user.

Attached: 1561157984562.jpg (1536x2048, 586K)

torrent client

Be more specific about what areas of programming you're interested in, whether you actually know the area well or not.
Trying to give random recommendations without any context is just a crapshoot.

He doesn't even have a logo yet.

Do it now.

Attached: 1561157735130.jpg (728x729, 200K)

I think you're being very rude

Attached: 1559391738343.png (295x285, 108K)

I have no real areas because my eyesight is shit so I got put off programming before diving into any deep projects. I've done a bunch of small stuff though from emulators to game engines to websites and a lot of shit in between. Nothing huge though.

kys loser

LMAO WHAT A LOSER

Attached: 1537644827482.png (711x590, 395K)

Fixing C++ compiler warnings and thinking about what kind of video to make today.

how can one doll be this cute

Love when exercise fucks me over on a technicality.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x149, 32K)

I find the best personal projects are things you actually want to use. Usually this ends up being some kind of automation task, but not always.
I remember the first program I really got into a program that automatically downloaded anime off of IRC bots, because the place I was staying at a university hall that throttled P2P traffic. I was doing it for the learning experience, so I did it in C without the help of any libraries.
These days, I've even been trying to write some desktop applications that I personally want to use.

Not that you'd really care what I did/am doing, but maybe it would give you some ideas.

Attached: 68882807_p0.png (1825x1930, 1.23M)

Holy fuck

user, you're ridiculous! Do I really have to dress like this to learn JavaScript with you?

Attached: d6063c80b359b1d8ccaadea22d67a9e1.jpg (1365x2048, 184K)

I've gotten that advice before but the issue is there isn't anything I'd want to use. The closest stuff is fiction level technology that I can't even begin to think how I'd do like AI. I want to start smaller and work up but nothing really interests me.

if nothing interests you why are you doing it

I'm bored and my life feels empty.

Cute doll.

Jow Forums won't let me post my program.

Attached: 1561136149374.jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

Maybe try contribution to an open-source project you use, then.
Although, most open source contributions come from the desire to fix something to make the program work more like you want it to, whether that's a bug fix or a new feature.
Someone so apathetic probably doesn't have anything they want to change or fix.

If you get "connection error", post it in the reply box at the top of the page instead.
It's just some insanely stupid cloudflare bullshit.

>Someone so apathetic probably doesn't have anything they want to change or fix
Yeah pretty much. I don't really know what to do but I guess killing myself is the only option left.

Attached: 1444619133630.png (570x780, 209K)

I have decided to write my own multithreaded game engine with C and OpenGL!
That's right, C!
Not C++!

Attached: 1510764553058.jpg (1023x743, 75K)

Here's a contrived example of a very common procedure we've all had to implement, namely, keeping a "max" counter in a loop to find the object with the highest

def get_oldest_child_full_name(children):
max_age = 0
oldest_child_full_name = ""

for child in children:
if child.age > max_age:
max_age = child.age
oldest_child_name = child.name + " " + child.surname

How would I rewrite this functionally, with lambdas or whatever?

>OpenGL
Why not vulkan like all the cool kids are doing?

Because its open goyim library

because I barely know OpenGL, and don't know vulkan at all

Nice.
I've done some C and OpenGL stuff, but that was only in 2D.
Are you going to use GLFW?

Attached: 1557650239343.jpg (689x816, 265K)

>If you get "connection error", post it in the reply box at the top of the page instead.
Thank you user. It looks like that would have worked but cloudflare's page has no way to submit the completed captcha. My cute program will just have to remain on disk, it's not worth putting on pastebin.

Attached: 1561138597798.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

Forgot to attach the screenshot.

Attached: webdevs.png (906x956, 59K)

>has no way to submit the completed captcha
It's probably your javascript blocker, ad blocker, or some shit.

It goes against my principles to let Google run their badly written JavaScript on my machine. Sorry user.

Attached: 1555749506538.jpg (1387x1667, 270K)

Yes!
I used to work mess around very briefly with OpenGL ES 2.0 while ago, so I am very rusty but it's basic linear algebra so it should be fine!

Attached: 1510672322587.jpg (1280x720, 104K)

Open devtools, find the form element the captchas is in, click it, go to console and type $0.submit()

Being fat is not a technicality.

Understandable. I bought a Jow Forums pass so I could block all google scripts here.

what the fuck is jupyter notebook

isn't python easy enough as it is?

I don't get the advantage of Prim-Jarnik's algorithm over Kruskal's
Kruskal can actually outperform Prim-Jarnik if we use a linear sorting based algorithm, right?

>Open devtools, find the form element the captchas is in, click it, go to console and type $0.submit()
I tried a few different elements within the captcha body but most said they had no submit function. The one element that did claimed I didn't have permission to run it. It seems odd because presumably this is just what clicking the verify button does normally?

Attached: thanks_google.png (539x92, 4K)

My current program uses OpenGL ES 2.0, because it's trying to be runnable on potato-tier hardware like the raspberry pi, and really old desktops.
Man, I really wish I could just use GLES3. GLES2 is so close to being fine, but there are just several little things that are missing.

Could anyone point me to tutorial on digit recognition neural net in which I can input my own images?

Attached: 1560374843689.png (515x507, 379K)

With tensorflow preferably.

wow you sure got me

>tfw you have to hack google just to open your webmail or post code on Jow Forums
The internet is a mess.

Attached: 1561155007410.jpg (1920x1080, 173K)

I want to masturbate, but efficiently

I can point my dogs on your dead body after I'll smash you with a bat.

You must surrender to your jewgle overlord user, there is no other way.

It's like that botnet wants me to starve meme, only real.

Attached: 1560949684440.png (500x409, 116K)

Get into functional programming.

Attached: 1560486558569.png (1920x2443, 1.58M)

Lisp is the most powerful programming language.

The most german thing I've read today.

github.com/libra/libra
> Facebook creates its own cryptocurrency
> It's written in Rust
Feels good to be a rust fag these days.

Copyright (c)

The following license is modified from the MIT license.

Anti-Fascist MIT License:

The following conditions must be met by any person obtaining a copy of this
software:

- You MAY NOT be a fascist.
- You MUST not financially support fascists.
- You MUST not publicly voice support for fascists.
- You MAY NOT be a member of any fascist organization, even if you are a member to infiltrate for anti-fascist purposes.

"Fascist" can be understood as any group or individual who promotes the political ideology of fascism.

"Fascism" can be broken down into 11 ideological features as well as 8 tactics that can form a fascist system in varying combinations,
for the sake of simplicity and brevity the individual or organization in question must match to at least 5 features or tactics
or a combination of the two determined by the individual licencer.

Said licencer may provide a list if an individual or group matches to at least 5 features upon request from the individual
or group in question.

Aren't you using the anti-fascist MIT license yet?

github.com/Laurelai/anti-fascist-mit-license/blob/master/LICENSE

Computers are fascist.

>Largest contributor by lines of code
>github.com/sunshowers
Oh fucking course. I hate to spout stupid tranny memes, but it's actually fucking true.

Attached: 180618.jpg (400x400, 24K)

I'm sure facebook will be a responsible part of the international banking system. Can someone just nuke us?

you let the compiler write it for you deriving (Eq, Ord)
and then just call

maximum :: (Foldable t, Ord a) => t a -> a

I'm confused. The MIT license says that if you take MIT-licensed code and include it in your own work, you have to include the licence in your work also.

But does the license then apply to the entirety of your work? How would one take MIT code, use it, then prohibit the resell of their work?

That's why we're unbiasing them.

>But does the license then apply to the entirety of your work?
No.
>How would one take MIT code, use it, then prohibit the resell of their work?
You put their license somewhere. You'll notice in some programs, you'll find an "open source licenses" section, usually buried in some help menu.
I've noticed it in a lot of Android apps.

You can't unbias electromechanical switches, they are either on or off.

I've noticed that too but it's weird because it doesn't actually specify what the license regards. There's just a bunch of files called "license.txt".

YOLOv2 / Darknet

You don't need to reference specific bits of code. All you need is the license text.

Cute pic of my wife

It's not so much the trannyness that's disturbing as the cold, dead eyes.

Attached: 1559671739466.png (393x390, 109K)

If a product is accompanied by some license text, why would I assume that the license applies to the product?

If I buy software and I see the MIT license, that tells me I can resell it, make copies etc.

here is an example with Jow Forums
(A) is the form that needs the captcha to be in the text form element (C)
For anything inside an iframe like (B) you must switch to that iframe's context in the top right corner of the devtools. Clicking the icon will reveal a list of urls active in the current tab. $0.submit() doesn't work when selecting things in another page context is because of security.

Attached: unknown.png (562x623, 38K)

Yes.

microsoftfag here
redpill me on f#

She's very cute

I think legally you only need to have the "Copyright (c) year whoever-the-fuck" part, which is the copyright notice.
But I'm no lawyer.

Nah it's easy, amazon already did it
> businessinsider.com.au/amazon-ai-biased-against-women-no-surprise-sandra-wachter-2018-10?nojs=1

>ai: men are preferable to women for high stress careers
>Ahah the number wrangler has got a few hiccups, gimme a sec
>ai: women are preferable to men for high stress careers
>There we go

you must be mistaken, that's my wife
Her and I are going to make a wasm video game!

Attached: 1454225479374.jpg (289x340, 24K)

I remember pretty clearly that she married me, user.

implementing mechanics for my game: fun
making the sprites for the game: not fun

Attached: 1561204503964.png (140x140, 2K)

then how do I have all these pictures of her?

Attached: 1448577258188.jpg (723x720, 67K)

Why bother writing a program to calculate something when a person just overrides it?

I'm working with gigapixel images and Python. Do you guys have any tips how to efficiently (memory) process these (masking etc)?
I can't downscale as that would result in subpixel measurements.

You probably stole them from me, you thief!
Pic related, me on the left.

Attached: 1560458797482.jpg (4082x2873, 1.59M)

Thanks for taking the time to explain user. I will try changing the page context to the correct iframe and resubmitting.

Attached: 1555637061708.png (816x1042, 610K)

>anime
Enjoy your ban, underage.

It's hard to handle gigapixel images because to even get just a region of them you must first decode them all into a bitmap, and it doesn't fit in ram. You can try decoding the image into the hard drive and the reading a subset.
t. Never done anything like that, just proposing ideas

Attached: 1539901245228.png (1059x182, 14K)

Anime website.

Stop this stupid faggy exchange.

Attached: 1561176283535.jpg (1336x2000, 476K)

I want to make a program that compares a specific frame of a video to the entirety of another video (and many other videos) looking to see if any frames match. This would be a duplication-detection program. I need to somehow detect the same frame even if its of a lower resolution. Is this possible? And what should I research? I'll be doing this in Common Lisp, either SBCL or Clisp.

Nice GIMP skills.
>Anime website
Not anymore.

unironically make a neural net. Use machine learning

>Nice GIMP skills.
warosu.org/g/thread/S69795630#p69796745
This is about the third time I've had to spoonfeed this exact link to retards like you
Fucking learn to use the archives yourself

I'm a beginner programmer, not even sure how I'd do that. Anything specifically about ML and Neural nets I need to research? Or will general resources about that topic do fine?