Opinion on Lubuntu?

Opinion on Lubuntu?

Attached: lubuntu-logo.png (2000x2000, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=gaming-desktop-eoy2018
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sucks for gaymurs
lxde was terrible last time I tried it

ok distro for weak hardware
I'd use Xubuntu instead
they ditched LXDE and use LXQt now

lxqt is terrible

xubuntu is better

>LXQT is great, best ootb minimal DE
>Awesome for low powered laptops and old as fuck machines
>300MB @ idle
>Easy to maintain and to search for solutions on the web (Ubuntu/Debian based)
>Just werks
Get used to edit .conf files since it doesn't have a lot of gui options for customization
Not as pretty as KDE or GNOME
Not optimized for powerful machines or gayming rigs
A few compatibility issues but not as much as when used LXDE

lxqt was even terriblerer last time I tried that
maybe that changed, it's been a few years

It's a good distro for people with shit computers, back when I had this piece of crap computer with an AMD Phenom 8550 CPU and a GeForce 210 GPU I used Lubuntu and LXLE on it because they're lightweight and good for older shittier systems.

Love LXDE
dont think LXQT is ready to replace it yet.
Ive been using Lubuntu as my daily driver since version 12.04. Sure it was kinda rocky at first. but it just werks!
i jumped to it because my laptop (Asus EEE 901) could not handle Unity,
and i thought it was a compromise for my crappy netbook but i liked it so much that i started using it on all my machines.

The problems with LXDE that ive seen.
Screen tearing.
No search function in the start menu.
The automatic multiple screen detection is really bad. (i use ArandR instead)

It's a worse Xubuntu which is a worse Mint Xfce

How is Mint Xfce better than Xubuntu?

"""App Store"""

What is not compatible?
What cant be customized?
Sure its not as pretty but that's kinda the thing. Thats atleast why i like it.
And what is not optimized?

These are not me trying to be some lone defender of Lubuntu.
As a user of LXDE im interested in whats wrong with it!

UI, timeshift, redshift, super key opening app menu, no tearing. Mint focuses on a better desktop UX while Ubuntu spins are just showcases for DEs.

I fixed screen tearing with compton, but it's a permanent load on the cpu (albeit small). Still worth it on netbooks.

LXQt sucks major balls, has far worse performance for me then LXDE does.

I don't know the pros / cons of using a Debian fork, but I've used LXDE on my shitposting laptop for years (pic related) and it's rock solid. I'll try LXQT every once in awhile, but I don't feel it's "there" yet. LXDE on the other hand provides a fully customizable modernish desktop experiience and uses no resources, since those should be for, you know, the programs you want to run - not the OS. I'm disgusted with modern software vacuuming resources to do jack fucking shit (other than send your every action to Microshit and Google).

Attached: ss.png (1366x768, 515K)

its okay for a linux distro, and if you have hardware and want to avoid the windows 10 botnet borgware then lubuntu will fill that need very goodly

yeah, i prefer lxde, but if i had to use lubuntu i would just switch to plain jane oppenbox from the menu in the top corner

LXDE is OK for what it's meant for and it runs on a toaster.
t. Lubuntu user for 3+ years

>Basically openbox with bloat
No thanks.

Attached: conf.png (1024x600, 170K)

it has better performance. known fact.

it's openbox with a panel and some qt-centric programs.

lxqt and mate are literally the best DEs for gamers:
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=gaming-desktop-eoy2018

all *buntus suck

>ubuntu

Runs very on my oldest laptop (2006). I wouldn't recommend it for newer devices.

It isn't. Try both of them on a pentium m processor and you'll see the difference in performance.

They raped the multilibs just recently so you're gonna have to look for a different distro.

Check the link here: Top 3 from best to worst are mate, lxqt, and xfce. All three still perform notably better than the rest though. If you have benchmarks that say otherwise then post 'em.

They didn't benchmark lxde. I'm talking about lxde vs lxqt.

Try using it on something that isn't Ubuntu. Lubuntu adds a ton of bloat.

I'm using lxqt on my toaster these days. It's okay, I like the feel it has and it's light on my little pentium.
I'm not using Ubuntu though, so I don't really know how it goes with Lubuntu

Attached: screen-2019-06-15-14-03-34.png (1366x768, 791K)

Are you attempting to get it to run on older hardware, as compared to normal Ubuntu?
This distro gave me booting issues on my older XP machine. And when I was lucky and did load in I was having issues with some of the drivers.
Maybe it was the computer I was using and I was just unlucky. Try it, but if it gives you issues loading the OS don't bother with it.

Openbox/LXDE is uber comfy, freshly booted system uses like 100 mb of memory. LXQT looks awful to me, and also is quote heavier on RAM. Just install lubuntu and switch back to LXDE.

wait a moment whats the point of lxde if you can use only openbox and accomplish the same

DEs are irrelevant. You're thinking of window managers.