UDINDU ON SUICIDE WATCH

>Drop 32 bits support
>Ubuntu loses Steam support.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-22-14-09-49.png (960x540, 252K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arcolinux.info/
subdiff.org/blog/2019/new-website-new-company-new-partners-new-code/
twitter.com/sysrich/status/1142351783358058498
twitter.com/sysrich/status/1142363021605580801
neo900.files.dev-1.org/files.devuan.org/devuan_jessie.torrent
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I wonder if other Ubuntu flavors and Ubuntu-based distros will keep 32but support.

Obviously not. The Ubuntu flavors are just Ubuntu with a different DE.

Wahaha. Ubuntu is done. I don't understand why it was most popular distr...

Attached: 15607628061930.jpg (846x900, 441K)

I'm pretty sure they will backpedal at the last minute. If something as big as steam still needs 32 bits it means it's still not the time to make the switch.

Previous thread

I have a feeling they’re gonna switch to Arch/Manjaro. Steam and drivers just work there, the packaging is painless, and Manjaro literally already ships with Steam.

>switch our focus to a different distribution, currently TBD
IT'S GONNA BE GENTOO LADS

Attached: Richard_Stallman_en_el_IUPFA%2C_Buenos_Aires_-_28-05-2018.jpg (1920x1080, 217K)

What are System 76 going to go? Pop!_OS is Ubuntu based and its entire selling point is gaming performance, isn't it?

Year of the OpenSUSE desktop!

The 10000 32-bit windows games will forever need at least the base system libraries so wine can run them. Multilib is not going anywhere any time soon, at least on any sane distro.

Attached: 1546692979349.jpg (934x524, 63K)

Linux Mint this is your time to shine

>j-just use linux please! it’s as good as windows for gaming
literally no reason to use linux as a home user desu

Attached: 91AE1DBD-D81B-4D66-8E39-57994BEEC6A8.jpg (1920x1080, 247K)

Debian, since Udindu is literally a cancerous tumor.

Attached: 1530207988337.jpg (4000x5000, 3.76M)

One tumor removed.

Attached: 1545619341725.jpg (4000x5000, 3.6M)

>in the last minute
Meanwhile Fedora is making the first move.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-22-14-36-10.png (960x540, 181K)

Way too much of a begging attitude.

>please steam make us your recommended distro we'll do whatever you want

Official SteamOS is already Debian based.

freetards are licking DRM ass. what a time to be alive

based wangblows user

Attached: 1548578368852.png (1920x1080, 2.03M)

Mint will keep 32bit. They've always had better UX and focused on what users want.

When you live out of breadcrumbs you have no choice but to lick boots.

jesus, who green lights this bullshit

wow thats pathetic

>Dropping 32bit support
>Ever
But why?!

>gaming on Linux
fucking why
If you are so in love with Loonix, do a dual boot with WIn10 and play your games there.

Attached: 1546665315132.png (316x456, 65K)

What the fuck was Canonical thinking? Even more pants-shitting retarded than the idea of having smartphones and tablets with Ubuntu on it.

arch mainline support incoming

>do a dual boot
why when between dxvk and proton everything i want to play works?

Cant you do multilib like in slackware or something like that?
I run wine32 just fine.

Time to move to Manjaro. It was always the superior option anyway

they had multilib
they got rid of it like a bunch of clowns

>Mint will keep 32bit
Source?

Be retarded if you use dual boot for gayming. If you can't play on Linux just GTFO Linux.

arcolinux.info/
better arch based distro if you really refuse to just setup arch

Oh, ok lel.

Fuck RHEL and fuck Fedora.

They'll probably move to Debian, it's the most similar and they already have SteamOS running on it.

>still thinking that Canonical cares about desktop Linux nowadays and it's not just an afterthought for them
Only bad thing about all of this is problem that Ubuntu Budgie, Ubuntu MATE, Lubuntu and Xubuntu would get less interest and those flavours were a good help in development of those DEs. Although, if you don't care about them it doesn't really matter for you.

Gnu. Seems like another time sink distro. I just download Manjaro KDE, install and be done with it.

this seems pretty install and forget it to me

Attached: 2019-06-22-171217_363x1142_scrot.png (363x1142, 40K)

They rely on Ubuntu providing all the packages and stuff, they just add their desktop with some of their applications and some UX tweaks.

They'll just include all the 32bit shit debian uses. They have LMDE, they can stop relying on Ubuntu whenever they want.

jesus fucking christ. what an absolute corporate prostitute. yet another distro to place into the trash.
agreed, it just looks so fucking pathetic.

Also loses wine support.

You arch/manjaro/whatever tards don't understand why any arch based distro will always be nothing but a toy until it gets real world deployments and corporate backing, and you can't force momentum like debian. And there's nothing wrong with that but you can't have your cake and eat it too.
There's no way any professional or company would use arch on the end user side (using it as building blocks doesn't count) because security is a nightmare. Even apparmor and selinux are second class citizens there. Manjaro installs fucking steam by default ahahah what a joke.
Enjoy your shit distro for what it is, a way to keep using bleeding edge crap but stop shitting on distro that we can actually depend on like fedora and opensuse.

Attached: those-numbers.jpg (248x248, 11K)

and where is fedora's AUR?

>but stop shitting on distro that we can actually depend on like fedora and opensuse.
Are you hallucinating? I haven't seen anyone shitting on those distros. In fact, this might be one of the most civil threads I've seen in a long time.

They also mentioned that packaging for Debian is a huge pain in the ass and they don’t like it. They’ll want something newbie friendly and already popular among normies, your average normie gaymer won’t be running Debian. It’s gonna be Fedora or Manjaro.

not him bit what does that got to do with anything
we have copr i installed sway from there last week and you can read their equivalent of pkgbuild, i have my own coprs too
also flatpak is very good unlike snap, rpmfusion and other community repos are available
for the rest you just compile from source like you always did
even the aur is an illusion as things like ffmpeg builds are not properly hardened, its a security nightmare when youre using building instructions made by amateurs

I WILL NEVER USE FEDORA ITS TRASH YUM IS TRASH AND NOTHING WORKS WELL

It's going to be opensuse. Fedora doesn't allow non-free stuff ootb, selinux is a mess and manjaro is a meme.
Valve has also hired a kwin dev so opensuse with their great KDE integration would be a good fit.

both deb and rpm are stuck in the past
nobody wants to bother with so much cruft and DX became a thing in the past 20 years
theres no chance of the Big Egos agreeing in using a new and sane packaging format, and appimages are a joke (they still break, it's just a fancy deliver mechanism). just like any variation of lsb will NEVER happen
the truth is flatpak is going to be the real solution, it will get popular once keknonical admits defeats again and move snaps to server only, adopting flatpaks in the process
i had too much caffeine sorry g

i will also never use kde if i have tro change anything ill jusat stay exacrtly how and where i am

Based flatchad

Attached: 1541437507658.png (800x585, 1021K)

>we will bend over backwards for your delicious proprietary software!

Attached: bruh.png (1434x821, 1.1M)

RHEL is cancer and so is Fedora. cianigger gtfo my Jow Forums

It is time to move to plain debian, or a distro that is actually debian based and fully compatible with debian. Easy debian-based distros to consider instead of ubuntu, if you want proper multilib and 32-bit support:

- NeptuneOS
- SolydXK
- Netrunner
- Sparky
- Bunsen Labs
- Q4OS
- MX Linux
- Devuan (if you also want no systemd)

All of them are Debian preconfigured with additional software and their own repositories to make things simpler. Think of ubuntu, but without the corporate bullshit, massive changes to debian's base, and potential compatibility issues like the one in discussion. The time to move to real debian has come. Might as well cut out the middle man anyway.

hm this
i thought pedora was anal about their licences
they can't have cdrtools but can have steam wtf

> move snaps to server only, adopting flatpaks
Makes no sense to support two systems.

What do you think your average Steam user is more likely to be running, the cool hip new Manjaro or the boring corporate Fedora?

Manjaro is literally a hobbyist distro from the start if anyone of you zoomers remembers however it is tailored towards teenagers and vidya so it kinda makes sense

so what am i supposed to use?

Manjaro.

subdiff.org/blog/2019/new-website-new-company-new-partners-new-code/
>As a freelancer I am contracted by Valve to work on certain gaming-related XServer projects and improve KWin in this regard and for general desktop usage.
Soon

but i use vanilla arch

I don't use Ubanto or Lunix but

Security & code correctness > Gamer garbage

They did the right thing, it is sad to see all the gamer scum in this thread. Go back to /v/ and reddit you bunch of faggots.

Attached: 19.png (540x600, 348K)

Try running a mid 2000 hacked together community patch + some mods for any barely-popular late 90s game on wine. It won't work. No ammount of time spent trying to run it will help. No pajeet programming, no elite C coder will be able to help you. It just won't work. You need XP.

Absolutely based

Attached: 1537503926558.png (400x400, 627K)

OH NO NO NO NO
FOOTFAGS BTFO

This. OpenSUSE is way better.
When KDE will become default Linux desktop?

> hurr dont play games they for chillins
you act like i enjoy doing anything else or like ther even is anything else to do

sounds like you are referring to a specific game so just name said game

Not soon enough. Remember when the footfags were coercing projects to remove other DE's not named Gnome?

>barely-popular late 90s game
Run it in a virtual machine then.

i use compiz standalone
got a problem with that cunt?

twitter.com/sysrich/status/1142351783358058498
twitter.com/sysrich/status/1142363021605580801
SOON

Hey, as of now Canonical desktop is ded, so it's mainly just Red Hat that is supporting them out of actually important players.
Also, footfags are going to kill themselves with GNOME 4

I want to like OpenSUSE but zypper just feels like a diet version of dnf/yum. At least they use an existing standard unlike every other package manager.

Attached: TimSweeneyDisapproves-610.jpg (800x450, 43K)

no one wants epic's garbage in linux

I want to believe.
Fuck canonical and fuck red hat.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: yQQnNXy.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

based konqiposter

What had security and code correctness got to do with anything? They'll still be shipping the same code.

So will fedora the become the most used Linux Distro because of this? It looks like to me Steam will make their own distro.

Who cares about baby gaymers? It just shows you how much gayming has stagnated.

neo900.files.dev-1.org/files.devuan.org/devuan_jessie.torrent

Attached: soup.jpg (436x437, 53K)

Since when does this website support KDE?

Do you not realize what would happen if it became the new "default"? How much bloat it would expose the average Linux user to? There's a very good reason most distros stick with GNOME.

Attached: akko_annoyed3.png (360x351, 154K)

Videogames 32 bit!
Productivity 64 bit!

Attached: 1557755341482.jpg (480x480, 64K)

SteamOS exists (with Debian testing as the base) and it is still maintained but it is not for desktop usage, it's for turning your desktop into a console. Maintaining an actual distribution of GNU/Linux would be way too much for a company focused on games.

I bet that if you made a dumbfrog version of KDE that simply hides 50% of the functionality you retards would be praising it like it was a golden cock. Make it extra edgy like manjaro with a retarded rgb default theme and the gamers will rise up too

>Debian testing
Scratch that, Debian stable

XFCE 4 lyfe

Not him but every time i try to use kde it's suffered from horrible blocking crashes and bugs that seem like they should have been caught by the maintainers. This is on both stock ubuntu and fedora. Is there some other distro I'm missing that actually ships builds that aren't broken?

>gaymer retard doesn't know the security implications of including legacy 32-bit multi-lib cruft in your system.

sasuga /v/

Ubuntu is doing the right thing. They are catering to professionals and not manchildren who are ok with shitting up their system in order to play video games.

Are you using the proprietary Nvidia drivers? I'm not who you're replying to and I'm not currently a KDE user but IIRC the proprietary Nvidia drivers don't play well with KWin and that might be more of Nvidia's fault

Me too but openSUSE seems to always be the lowest distro on gaming benchmarks. I like it but for gaming is too slow.

>How much bloat it would expose the average Linux user to?
>There's a very good reason most distros stick with GNOME.
Choose one.

Since GTK3 dropped and MATE decided to implement GTK3 you fucking newfag gtfo

Gnome has less features than OS X, the literal OS for toddlers.
>gnome 3 doesn't have quick actions
>ios does
>gnome 3 can't even be controlled by your aunt
>ios can be controlled by a literal chimp

Gnome 3 renders your computers usefulness to a level right below smartphones.

Attached: iOS.webm (460x574, 2.15M)

No, never
GTK2 doesn't even have wayland support.