Did I get ripped off for $98 USD?

Yo, I bought a Thinkpad T420s, a charger, and a 128gb msata SSD for it for about $98 USD. Did I get ripped off on those prices? It hasn't arrived yet but I just wanna know if I got ripped off or not and if I should know any shit things about the T420s.

Attached: t420s.jpg (1000x829, 108K)

no.

The fuck? I payed like 200 CDN for mine. Granted, it was refurbished, but still.
If that's the price AFTER TAX, then you dun good, m8.

Attached: 1328036157357.png (120x196, 27K)

Thanks for the simple answer lol

it is after tax, people on the thinkpad discord said it was a meh deal lol

The only thing that sucks about the T420s is that you can't upgrade the cpu and you get less ports compared to the T420.

Oh yeah, and shit things about the T420.
Pretty much every part is great, EXCEPT the DVD drive. Mine came with one that was literally fucking broken, and a T430 that I also bought was in similar condition. Granted, the first purchase you should make is an Ultrabay HDD caddy, so you can run both an SSD and a hard disk, but I still thought I should mention it. Don't rely on that DVD drive.

Well, I'm sure it's a shit deal to people who spend their ENTIRE LIVES scouring Ebay. But to the average person, that's PLENTY of price-to-performance.

if you want i can take it off your hands for 100 (the 2 is for your trouble)

it's "meh" because it's a decent price. not a steal, not overpriced. just about what a T420s should go for.

if you waited for months and months with craigslist and ebay price alerts, you might've been able to get it $25 cheaper, but sometimes it's better to get what you want now.

I didn't plan to use any CDs/DVDs anyways.

Exactly. I haven't spun an optical disk in over 5 years. So grab a 20$ HDD caddy as soon as you can for that delicious storage space.

UPDATE: Sorry forgot to mention it was missing a hard drive and a caddy.

It doesn't come with a caddy: that's what you put into the slot when you pull the DVD drive. You gotta buy one aftermarket.
And by "missing hard drive", do you mean the SSD? If that's the case, then the deal isn't AS good as I thought, but it's still fine.

The thinkpad didn't come with a hard drive or SSD, so I bought an SSD separately from the thinkpad

Oh, OK.
Yeah again, 94$ for the laptop alone is still a PRETTY good deal. Not amazing, but I mean come on: people typically spend 800$ on a laptop. You're doing alright. What's the RAM on it? Because you gotta have 4 gigs minimum, 6 ideally (8 is a meme, in my eyes).

Unfortunantely the ram is only 4gb DDR3

So yeah, if you notice your performance isn't that great, you gotta swap one of the 2 gig sticks with a 4 gig one.
Contrary to what someone else in this thread is saying, I'm PRETTY SURE you can upgrade the CPU to a 4-core Core i7 as well, if you feel like it. It's prolly not strictly necessary, but I'm letting you know the option's there, since all of these older T-series laptops have socketed CPUs.

The CPU in the S models of the T series are soldered in after a bit of research

Are caddies that expensive?
You can get one here for the equivalent of $5 USD

Oh shit, I didn't see the "s" in the OP. My bad, you're right. I was talking about the regular T420 this whole time. That's what I got.
So in that case, you're deal is actually BETTER than what I thought, because the "s" models are typically slightly more expensive.

Attached: 1346128982628.png (227x251, 103K)

I'm talking about somewhat-reputable stuff off of Amazon in maple syrup dollars. If you can find it on Ebay or something, it's prolly cheaper.

>not buying an ultrabay battery so you can hot swap