How comes the Americas have the most flimsy looking, undervoltaged power outlets still in 2019...

How comes the Americas have the most flimsy looking, undervoltaged power outlets still in 2019? So they're just going to use this forever because it's a standard? In the UK, they got it right many decades ago.

Attached: 1561242325792.jpg (922x691, 439K)

Not American and stop crossposting shitty content from /v/

Americas are smarter than you.

Attached: _medium_DSCN7823.jpg (640x480, 53K)

That’s not UK, Juan Espinosa

Americans where the first to try to standardize power outlets and voltages and as it turns out being the first to do something means less available research when developing your standard
Look at NTSC, same problem

>americans on holiday in europe

>americans invent the power grid
>americans use edison sockets and edison standard because that's what was installed
>america is much bigger than any eurotard nation
>america keeps the infrastructure it was developed with
Did you know, OP, that American homes and dwellings almost always have 220v power? It's generally only used for major appliances such as electric stoves and washing machines though, because it'd be overkill for other stuff.

shouldn't a power bar trip if there is a short? I don't know I'm not an electrician

>america is bigger than russia
ok

Russia is only European when it suits them
They would like to be considered part of Europe but geographically they are more in Asia

Attached: 1556442510812.png (436x536, 143K)

lol stupid Americans.

Russia was not fully electrified for decades after the US was, and the Soviets had multiple competing power standards. 40v for schools and hospitals, higher voltage for dwellings and so on.

But you managed to ignore what I said, America invented the power grid and large scale delivery of power and sadly we went Edison and not Tesla. But once we got a large installed plant there was no point in changing. Other standards don't offer any appreciable advantage and, as I said, we have higher voltage as a standard too.

We're the largest consumer market in the world and we're not changing so enjoy buying converters into the far future.

We went Tesla. We use AC current in the grid.

Also who cares about Russia they’re a bunch of snowniggers

This level of obsessed cope is unreal

>enjoy buying converters into the far future
What?

>Did you know, OP, that American homes and dwellings almost always have 220v power?
They just gang two phases together.
Did you know, fag, that most countries have at least two phases into their homes, some even three?
So in 240V regions that's two or three 240V phases available.

>because it'd be overkill for other stuff.
Oh and for this statement, converting higher AC voltages into DC is more efficient than lower.
If your PSU is worth anything it likely has a chart showing its efficiency, and it's more efficient on 240V than on 110V.
So the exact opposite of overkill, it actually saves you money.

>UK
>getting anything right
You can't even leave the Union without your parliament having the biweekly meltdown and your power outlets are very much the same.

i don't really see how that analogy works Jim.

The UK uses a Type G plug, which aside from the UK is only used in Ireland and Cyprus

ENJOY BUYING CONVERTERS INTO THE FAR FUTURE

The majority of Russia is literally in asia.

It's just a stupid jab because he said he's from the UK.
But honestly the UK plugs are just not the best available.

What converters you bumbling retard?

is this how typing looks with 240V

Attached: waow.gif (400x424, 1.42M)

Uninstall Chrome.

their durability, flat (cable pointing down) design and shutters makes them almost perfect though.

there are some downsides to UK wiring but that's a separate issue.

Yes and a GFCI outlet should trip if you plug a toaster into it and drop it in the bath, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to do so. Also the power bar contains incoming wires that are before the breaker part so those could continue electrocuting you after the breaker trips.

The ones you need to run Edison socket devices, idiot.

You can still stop identifying as a trannie. It's not too late.

>You can still stop identifying as a trannie.
i don't tho