/spg/ - Smartphone General

Best Phone Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 4958575360686285184.png (600x500, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/14354/sonys-xperia-1-smartphone-launch-date-july-12-for-950-dollars
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

anandtech.com/show/14354/sonys-xperia-1-smartphone-launch-date-july-12-for-950-dollars

Is Sony Xperia 1 good?
>21:9 screen
>beautiful screen
>beautiful camera
>Good Japanese Quality Control
>Snapdragon 855
Looks okay to me, but will I be able to flash lineageOS on it, root it, encrypt it, and use Verizon? Price is no concern.
>inb4 OP7 pro
Not sold in the US, and isn't compatible with Verizon.

Attached: DaVgwbVU8AERSLv.jpg (511x680, 75K)

why are burgers so limited to their carrier? can't you just switch carriers or get a prepaid deal to pay for your data each month and change the plan each month to your liking?

It doesn't have an unlocked bootloader but it's not got a bloated stock OS either, go for it.

Where were you when Samsung SHAT on the Pixel's camera software?

Attached: RM8mCnE.jpg (1882x1954, 491K)

I asked my dad to switch to T Mobile, but he said,
>Why would I want to do that? Verizon is the best
Locked bootloader? Does that mean I can't root it either? My current phone (Galaxy S5) has locked recovery, so I can't boot custom ROMs

how good is the samsung a50 for poorfags?

Redmi Note 7.

is that an update? i knew it was worse when s10 came out

Yes

Opinions on the S10+? Looking at it it seems pretty good. Same size as my current phone which is good.

bands aren't designed for freedomland, though. might have spotty lte.

how do people tolerate browsing Jow Forums on an iPhone? is there some app that makes it ok?

Yeah X1 looks fucking great

>He actually has a iPhone
Genuinely pathetic desu

How do people even tolerate using IOS? That shit is so fucking restrictive

Redmi Note 5 (Pro) was pretty good for the $150 or whatever that it cost me. Installed PixelExperience and it's a completely different product; extremely fast.

Note that mine is not the chink version but one for the global market. Unlocking is a breeze thanks to MiUnlock or whatever it's called.

Recommend me the best phone, price isn't an issue as long as it's not a meme "covered in diamonds and gold" phone.

I could also use advice like this, it'd be my first phone and I honestly have no idea what Im doing.

k20 pro or zenfone 6

Specify your country/carrier and all relevant info. Otherwise we just be recommending memefones that aren't sold in your region or that aren't compatible with your bands

Attached: D3QoV8qV4AEKyqc.jpg (861x853, 128K)

US, no carrier selected yet, like I said Im brand new to all this.

United States, Sprint, No Budget, Headphone jack preferred, it also has to be the best.

Someone please educate me on what the limitations of getting a phone that isn't released in your country are. I heard there can be some issues with cellular networks and performance?

Attached: 1556556242572.jpg (302x302, 25K)

check and see what bands the modem in the phone supports, and what bands your phone carrier uses. if they match, you're good to go, unless you're on sprint or verizon (who are dicks and don't allow you to use any phone you want, you have to get them to do it at the store)

I can't imagine people who browse Jow Forums would own an iPhone. I've always imagined that's more of a Reddit user thing.

If you're in the USA and Budget is not an issue your better off getting the latest iPhone if you're into that sort of thing. The best overall phone was the Huawei P30 Pro, but Huawei got into shady business so it's dead in the USA.

If you think iOS is garbage or that iPhones are grossly overpriced (which they are), your best bet is the One Plus 7 Pro. Best balance of specs and camera available in the USA. Samsung Galaxy S10 is also great, but much more expensive and without many improvements. There are overall better phones with way more baby for your buck out there, but unfortunately US uses special snowflake bands that make it a hassle to use those other phones in the country. If you'd like a nice medium between performance and camera, if suggest to wait for the Google Pixel 4 and see what it brings to store. Pixels are great phones with the best Android experience, but unfortunately they often look like shit. If the Pixel 4 looks decent, it could very well become the best buy for Burgerfats

Looking for some phone recommendations.

>United States
>Metro PCS
>IP6x Rating
>Headphone jack

From the little researching I've done, looks like a Galaxy S10 is my best bet, but I wanted to know if there were any others phones I could still use.

Forgot to mention, any phones that aren't IP6x but have a Lifeproof case, or similar type of dust proof case would also work.

Wow somewhat reasonable advice. That's rare.

Should i get the mi 9 or just wait for the mi9t pro

looking for the following
>USA
>Verizon
>unlockable bootloader / rootable
>has stable nonbloat roms
>not a pixel 2 xl (what I have currently)

lg g8 thinq is pretty cheap and has the specs you want

and lg v40 would also work
you can find them used for really cheap

On a scale of 1-10 how retarded would going from an S8 to a Pixel 3a be?

Yeah get it, the cameras keep getting better.

Asus Zenfone 6 or the Galaxy S10/S10e.

Not at all. The Pixel's SoC matches the SD835, and the software is infinitely better than Samshit. Go for it

Thanks. Yeah the One UI upgrade on the S8 seems like an afterthought and it runs worse than Touchjizz. Only things dissuading me are that its battery is still pretty good for its age (89% capacity) and I'd be sacrificing the screen. But fuck no more updates & One UI. Pixel 3a it is.

Bros why can't gcam 100% match the pixlel phones, I want my sexy chinkphone with the same camera performance.

>Don't worry, we'll recycle your phone for free

Attached: Screenshot_20190623-084107.jpg (1080x1920, 379K)

>buying anything other than an iPhone
Why? You need the blue text to have sex

Do yourself a favor and get the XL. The regular one's pretty fuckin small, especially coming from an S8.

I have the 3a XL and like mine a lot.

Why the fuck are you nerds taking pictures at night instead of sleeping?

Nah

Am I blind or are the colors in the Samsung pic much more true to life for once?

How come camers tech never seems to advance

Pixel 3a for 300 Euros, yay or nay?

Drop Verizon and you will have a wider choice of phones.

Looking for phone recommendation , currently using huawei p10 but it feels like poop.

Country : Netherlands , kpn , long support of software and better battery then my current one , 64 gb minimum of storage.

What is your budget?

Like maybe 600-700 euro

zenfone 6

Bought a Note 9 N9600. Any other/better case recommendations?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-23-10-03-59-718_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.png (1080x2160, 377K)

thanks , looks good

Has no OLED if you care about that.

>shirt
Try a cyanide case

If you wanted a picture of it you could just ask.

Attached: IMG_20190623_101521.jpg (4000x3000, 1.8M)

only in night mode, its still oversaturated as fuck otherwise

I still haven't seen any proper photo comparisons between a chinkphone like the OnePlus 7 and a Pixel phone.

Do the iPhone XS and XR allow you to open webms in safari yet?

Stop it already. Don't even begin to consider iShit.

Anyone have experience with sdg 636 + 4gb ram devices? I can get a mi 9, but the f huge screen and battery on the mi max 3 are a major plus for me. I don't care about games but I do want something that'll stay smooth for ~2 years.

Answer me nigger. I'm considering the XR or S10e

Want to know if webms work

they do not

FUCK ISHIT

Browser scrolling might be an issue

What's the best place to buy an mi 9t 128gb shipped to the UK? AliExpress or Gearbest?

Attached: xiaomi-mi-9t.jpg (1280x720, 218K)

Is there anything else im missing on from not upgrading from Redmi Note 4 with 9.0 and gcam apart from ugly notches and better build quality?

I've been looking at phones on Amazon and other sites and I keep seeing Asian and Global spec. Other than the type of plug, are there any differences once the phone is set up and the language selected?

I'm from Spain so I suppose I'd have to get an adaptor for the plug in both cases anyway. I've spotted phones that specified they were the Spanish version but they tend to be more expensive.

better processor i guess, notch can be hidden if you dont like it. i dont why you faggots keep bitching about this

>>inb4 OP7 pro
>Not sold in the US, and isn't compatible with Verizon.
It's the OP 7 that is not sold in the US, not the pro

Sure, then you have "elegantly curved" chin and straight black pixels on top, which is assymetrical and ugly, pic related. 250 bucks 600 bucks same shitty completely useless design.

Attached: xiaomi-pocophone-f1-aa-hands-on-2-5.jpg (2000x1333, 225K)

I dont understand why is this an issue for you on a budget phone. There a better pricey pretty alternatives out there

Just go to YouTube and type in 3a vs op7 pro

>>is the Sony Xperia 1 good?
YES. I want it to but I'm gonna wait for the Xperia next year.

Attached: okay dog7105.gif (202x268, 1.76M)

What's the best adblocker for Android?

I have had the Google Pixel 3A for approx a week. Anyone wants opinions?

Attached: 1523929817679.png (480x698, 524K)

Ask a UK sales advisor for a phone company anything

Attached: 2261ECE3-632F-4F95-ACB4-280D69F55BA2.jpg (836x1024, 76K)

>Implying

>Good Japanese Quality Control
Imagine believing this.

U.K 500 USD (getting it as a gift) no chink shit and 6gigs ram,128gig memory OLED

Me

aside from "chink shit" there are no phones with that kind of specs for under 500 USD
Mi 9 does offer these specs for under 500 USD if you contain your autism regarding China

oneplus 6 or 6t might work

normies don't consider oneplus chinese

How noticeable is the difference between 6gb ram and 8gb ram.

Didn't mean to quote

PROS

>camera more than meets the hype
>despite weaker Snapdragon chip, going between apps is quite snappy
>best form of Android

CONS

>way too much Google bloat
>fingerprint scanner is iffy, reads about 80% of the time
>almost feels like a toy, with it being made of plastic and smaller

Canada, no specific carrier (with Koodo but don't mind switching). I have an iPhone 6 right now but I was looking at the Pixel 3a and Redmi Note 7

How is the camera? I currently have an iPhone 6 and wanted to upgrade. Also what are your general thoughts on the phone? Would you recommend it to a friend?

What phone has the best camera that is the least likely to share all of my information with the gov't, Israel or China?

camera is amazing.between it and the great battery, yes I would recommend

Attached: IMG_20190616_191633.jpg (2858x3786, 2.63M)

thanks for the response buddy. Nice dog!

>that is the least likely to share all of my information with the gov't, Israel or China?
Any phone with a custom ROM and microG.

I bought the xperia x one year ago but this phone isn't that great for taking pictures. I can basically get this phone for 300 Euros right now and it's really tempting..

Any leafs here have any recommendations for carriers? With koodo now.

Hi bros I dont really give a huge shit about phones or frills and nills. Sick of my giant LG V20 and am strongly looking towards getting the S10e due to price point and size. Anyone got any advice towards my decision?

>that ad
So now I now why OP's phone are getting as expensive as the rest

Should add that I just want it to run smooth and not buggy