My PC got infected with Ransomware

This is more of a question
My PC got infected with Ransomware and all my files got encrypted. basically all my files have .DOCM extension
Does anyone know how to decrypt those

Attached: Remove-.docm-ransomware.jpg (742x496, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kubuntu.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're actually fucked.

do you know which ransomware it was?

I went on some site and they asked me to upload the file that they leave behind (Restore my files.txt) and they said its GlobeImposter 2.0

>some site
helpful

>This is more of a question
No it's not, you're trying to use Jow Forums as tech support.
Here's what you do.
>Wipe the hard drive
>use DBAN if you want
>install your favourite Linux
>copy over your files from your most recent backup
>don't download weird shit or click mysterious links again

>as tech support
this is true sorry nothing on the internet to be found
Thanks

you have to decrypt it with a key. i think there has only been one instance where the same key was used for every single computer infected with a particular ransomware. this guarantees that they can charge every person infected, instead of just one person that leaks the key.

Restore from backup and install Gentoo

How did you get infected?

I dont know. I never go on some fishy sites i did thou 10 15 min before viruse started install two programs from the pirate bay but it was from a guy that has a lot of uploads and there were no ngative comments on the torrent links. I did inject a usb that was previously injected in my friends "shity" PC, that was 2 days from this happening i dont know how long does it take for this kind of virus to kick in. When i ran a scan with Malwarebytes it found 4 exe files in %appdata%. I removed them but files stayed encrypted ofc.
I had problems with font changing 2 days before this happened, if i change a font everything crashes some weird shit, and i get a message: the instruction at 0x00000 referenced memory at 0x00000. the memory could not be read i dont know if that jas something to do with it...

is it okey if i just reinstall my whole operating system ? (win10)

you realize like 60% of .exe torrents contain some sort of key logger or back door or zero day exploit? this is literally one of the best distribution methods of malware and anybody who uses torrents has a good chance of becoming part of some hackers botnet. especially if you download say a pirated game, movie, or piece of software.

pdf files are generally fine but you never know they're craftty.

yes do that immediately change all the passwords to your accounts when you get the new one installed.

Ransomware attacks are devastating. There is no way to decrypt your files and some websites that offer solutions will simply install more trojans.

You should scan any other computer connected to your network with Kaspersky to ensure that it is not infected. Ransomware attacks can incorporate worms that infect other PCs on your home network.

You will need to perform a complete, fresh installation of Windows 10. Make sure security updates are enabled and installed without delay. It may be possible to restore your files if you have an external backup that was not connected to a network at the time of your attack. Otherwise, you should assume all your files and computer are compromised, and should perform fresh installations.

yea this virus doesnt make sense to me.
No one will pay them who is goign to give someone credit card informatio if they hacked their pc and if they are using bit coin and that kind of shit people who are not maining dont have bit coin...

McAfee would have prevented this

Attached: based mcafee.jpg (640x449, 156K)

keyy

okey
i read somewhere that this virus deletes your files and creates encrypted copys so that means that original files are not corupted just deleted but i tried backing them up but nothing happend only a few and those are corrupted too

HSHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
i fucked up big time
windows defender was disable maybe he would had preveted it

you're damn right he would have

Attached: based mcafee 2.jpg (306x378, 24K)

1. format c:
2. install Linux [1]
3. problem fixed

[1] kubuntu.org/