There is something about Sony...

There is something about Sony, their design and overall decisions for their products what makes them such a based company. I don't know if it's because nips are high IQ than anyone else, but whenever Sony adds some features to their phones for example everyone first goes like "nah who needs that" and after many years when literally everyone copies them people acknowledge that Sony did it first.

Also what I like about them, they never follow any design "trend" and have distinguished design in their products unlike other.

Walkman, VAIO, PlayStation, TVs, Cameras, Dualshock design of controllers and many more .... No one made such practical influence on technology overall than Sony... what can I say, even Steve Jobs was a fan of Sony.

Attached: 10535779_459412454225477_4195440351963084370_o.jpg (1080x1080, 29K)

not really tho

90s sony is based, now its just chinkshit

Sony has had a hard on for making shit as proprietary as possible since the beginning. Everything from the AC power port on the Walkman to AIT tape backup.

Attached: bestgoy.png (180x180, 11K)

XZ1 Compact is the best looking smartphone ever made.

Attached: Sony-XZ1-Compact-Review-005-des.jpg (1600x1067, 265K)

That's how you protect your intellectual property.

Attached: 7c3950e58d3d481d1221a458a1269771.jpg (386x540, 38K)

Xperia XA 1gen with it's no side bezels was also sexy looking as hell. Sadly it's guts was lowtier pos.

Attached: IMG_0016.jpg (1737x1737, 479K)

True, and now they don't make them anymore and they aren't in stock anywhere. Fml.

If they're so high IQ and based, how come:
1) it took them 10 years to unify their hardware divisions
2) they provide kernel source code for their phones so that you can develop for them, but lock down all their basic features under DRM
3) they have some of the most mediocre phone cameras, even though they provide sensors for all their competitors
4) use shitty mediatek SoCs for their top of the line 3000$ OLED TVs which lag in the most basic tasks. Fucking fast ethernet which shares bandwidth with USB ports on a premium TV.
5) they refuse to adapt their pricing to specific markets so stubbornly that they practically kick themselves out
6) they don't understand the most basic aspects of marketing and customer support
7) they make you pay 100$ for a shitty TV remote with no gyroscope or any other special features

I could probably remember some more retarded decisions that they keep making if I had the time, but I think it's enough for now. Their only "based" products were Vaio, but they had to sell that division because of issue no. 5 above.

t. XZ3 and Bravia owner

they fucked up with their latest phones though
that fucking ridiculous aspect ratio
who the fuck is gonna buy that crap
they just need to stick with their Z2 to XZ1 style
One big, and one Compact
with modern specs
that's it

You know, people said the same thing about 21:9 monitors. They're not exactly common now, but they're become very popular.

In business class I learned about this guy named Deming who is responsible for high quality control in Japan. There was a time when the US made the best products, and once Deming went to Japan and taught all the companies there on how to do business, we now have many people driving Hondas and Toyotas, using Sony, Panasonic, and Toshiba, etc.

How do you like your XZ3? I'm thinking of getting an Xperia 1 -- is it worth it?

Sony phones are best bought 6 months after launch, when Sony realises that slapping their name on a product doesn't mean much any more and cuts the prices in half. Then, they become very good deals.

I like the XZ3, but, if given the choice again, I think I'd go for a pixel or OnePlus, because I miss root+AdAway. OnePlus usually has better performance and the Pixel camera BTFOs Sony cameras so hard it's not even funny. I went from the Pixel 2 XL to the XZ3 and the downgrade in picture quality was disappointing.

To its credit, the XZ3 has two things going for it: screen and design. If they fixed the camera with the Xperia 1, then it may be worth considering, but I really doubt it.

Attached: psparade.jpg (784x489, 540K)

pretty based but did Sony really do that?

Stunning

21:9 is retard aspect ratio, but the Xperia 1 looks sexy as fuck because of it.

Basically this, but I think the TV remote is free. In any case, you should use your phone as a remote, it works much better. You can have a cursor and you can type using keyboard.

Attached: sketch-1561265499677.png (1080x1920, 164K)

The corners are too rounded, would be much sexier should it be sharp corners like Z2 or alike.

They wrecked their own business by going downmarket AND making everything proprietary. Fucking NipMBA’s

4) is the bane of my life bro

PlayStation division is controlled by Californian jews, just like their movies division.

they are some of the only companies to ship AOSP for their phones subhuman idiot.
I feel you, they have taste with design

>3) they have some of the most mediocre phone cameras
my cheap ass xperia took brilliant photos using the open camera application. your claims are misleading, faggot.

>AND making everything proprietary.
where the fuck have you been for the last 50+ years, zoomer? oh, that's right, you were born yesterday. nothing has changed in decades.

>didn't buy Apple when they had a chance
>didn't think iPhones will be a big deal
They fucked up

Second gen of XA1 is exactly like that

Attached: gsmarena_002.jpg (728x454, 76K)

nobody with any credibility wanted to buy apple back then. they produced cheaply made machines and sold them for insanely high prices... and shocking news: nothing has changed. apple were losing money at every turn no matter how cheaply they made the machines. no corporation wanted to be saddled with that load of cancer. it wasn't a profitable company. it was barely scraping by until they realised they'd not fucked up one operating system for the mac, but several.. and in mad panic to get a stable os for their new machines to avoid a complete collapse of the company, they bought steve jobs out just so apple could get their hands on a new os used by NeXT machines that wasn't going to be delayed by retarded marketing decisions and shit programming. if they never re-hired jobs and bought his operating system from NeXT, failed to deliver their long awaited new os on their new machines, they would not exist today.

Can't wait for all other flagships to start having ultra wide aspect ratio and it suddenly being "innovative" when Apple and Samshit start doing it.
It makes since for foldable phones to be longer.

Sony is a Japanese company. Just because whites/blacks doing this doesn't mean it's Sony's fault.

Sony would be based if they weren't retarded about making shit proprietary
why do Nips hate money?

If users download 3rd party camera apps then the company fucked up with the stock one

Prove it, faggot. I bet they were taken in conditions where any phone could snap decent photos.
Using an application on my phone is like having touchscreen keyboard on my laptop. If I have to look at the remote instead of the TV when using it, it kinda fails as a remote.
Get an Nvidia shield bro. It's a much better experience.