960GB SSD for $85

>960GB SSD for $85

How much lower can the price fall this year?

Attached: adata-su635.png (1154x530, 332K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Intel-660p-1-0TB-80mm-978350/dp/B07GCL6BR4/
youtu.be/V3AMz-xZ2VM
reneelab.com/difference-slc-mlc-tlc.html#qlc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

was just looking at ssd's last night and was shocked how cheap they are now, compared to when i first bought mine.
what's with the price drop?

Smartphone sales drop and Intel CPU shortage means fewer new computing devices are being manufactured, but memory fabs are still churning out chips at the same rate, thus the memory chip glut.

>Adata
You get what you pay for

SU800 is pretty alright

>SATA
Why don't you just run your system off a USB flash drive

This.

Can you elaboate?

>pay more for capacity
>cheap out on other components
Use your brain. I would only recommend this to a gamer retard, if you actually care about your files, I wouldn't use this.

Just buy samsung evo and not lose your data

>How much lower can the price fall this year?
another 50%, then another 50% as China really ramps up 128L tech

Attached: 1535792157544.jpg (746x490, 66K)

just get this one amazon.com/Intel-660p-1-0TB-80mm-978350/dp/B07GCL6BR4/ who uses sata in the current year

then what do you suggest?

this or even get the 2 tb version which is only 200 dollars

It's QLC which means it's four times as good.

>console gaymer gloating about their 2tb ssd might be a reality soon

Attached: 1496649575053.gif (400x300, 1.64M)

>cheap out on other components
Why?
Can you elaborate more?

>Outstanding performance
>Sustained write performance more than twice of most TLC drives
>Very affordable

Attached: perfrel (1).png (500x850, 59K)

To lower the price?
Brain.exe has stopped responding

>qlc incel
i'd rather use the chinkiest chinkshit
i bet it performs the same with the same shit endurance

>adata
might as well trust sandisk to get it right at that point
at least get corsair or pny

And why it's bad? Can you elaborate? they are not made in Taiwan like all other chips?

But why?

Why?

what garbage
get a samsung pro ssd

I had a PNY drive fail in my thinkpad after a year of semi-regular use. Piece of shit chinks pretended to be a real company.

let's see if I can provoke a direct response from user: do ADATAs fail quickly?
I didn't jump on the bandwagon after I saw initial benchmarks + price because I wanted to be certain of their longevity

>Silicon Motion controller
no thanks

Go Crucial.

That said, one of my recent regrets is buying a 2.5" drive instead of an m.2 and putting it into an adaptor. And yes, I had to go sata, nvme.

Attached: 20-156-174-V09.jpg (640x480, 41K)

Here's my cheapo sandisk after 3 years of daily use

Attached: sandisk.png (1002x692, 515K)

More reliable than seagate

>faster than samshit ssd's
>cheaper than jewtel sdd's
>hurr durr adata is bad

The city of Jow Forums

Probably not the user you're looking for but IMO any SSD that is not defective or isn't a lemon (ie not destined to fail) will last a very very long time

>Never had an SSD fail on me yet
WHAT NOW HDDFAGS?

ye I'm going thru 1 star Amazon reviews of people who got lemons and defectives. it's a fair few.
XPG SX8200 looks very enticing on paper.

that would be around 2-3 cents a gig, cheap as hard drives which are still around 2 cents a gig

nevermind the sustained write has a steep falloff
better stick with Samsung.

My first ssd was an adata. Still running 13 years later.

Better off buying a used Samsung Evo 840 or 850 if you actually care about your data. Ive bought a bunch used off ebay and 4/5 were 100% health even with quite a bit of use.

hmmm...is sustained write worth paying double for me?

Still using a Plextor M5 Pro. Has ~810TB written still working fine.

based

I recently had my first "Used reserved block" on Samsung 840 EVO, finally shows signs of wear.

they all have steep falloffs, it's because they first use up available cache
There are some differences in the lower end SSDs, the pro versions of Samsung are pretty great, but eventually they all hit that wall.

AAAAAHHH! Why is Evo 2TB still £160 more than WD Blue??!?

How am i doing for 19k hours?

Attached: file.png (674x604, 93K)

>just get this one amazon.com/Intel-660p-1-0TB-80mm-978350/dp/B07GCL6BR4/ who uses sata in the current year
Everyone who doesn't want to get a motherboard and an SSD. Not to mention DDR4 RAM on top of it. There's also virtually no difference in performance.
youtu.be/V3AMz-xZ2VM

Attached: 2019-06-23 00_50_40-CrystalDiskInfo 7.6.0.png (667x460, 55K)

QLC should be banned for being environmental waste

>*data corruption intensifies*

Any Hard Drive you fucking ssdtard

That drive doesn't have ddr cache. The SU800 is what you should be looking at

24608 gb written do you even use your pc

Can anyone provide anything other than:
>dis bad
>dis good
It's not exactly helpful.

>WE'RE USHERING IN A NEW ERA OF GAMING BY LEVERAGING SSD PERFORMANCE, AND WE CAN EVEN USE IT AS VIRTUAL MEMORY

Attached: 71766f03-d231-45c0-b2ab-43364f4da7b5.jpg (1920x900, 165K)

If ram prices keep falling you'll be able to get 32GB decent DDR4 for 100 dollars in like 3 months.

Attached: 100 dollar 32GB DDR4-3000Mhz-15CL soon.png (970x363, 17K)

Does Intel still make good SSDs? I'm still using an 330i which I bought new when it first came out. I haven't had any problems with it but if shits getting cheap then I'm upgrading.

seems like it takes a lot to exhaust the buffer and that synthetic benchmark I saw was designed to push to the end of the cache. I will definitely be going ADATA for my next SSD.

Attached: real world bench.png (636x787, 345K)

RAM is pretty close to where it bottomed last time, lower including inflation - i'd stock up if i needed anything right now.

Surely it's mere coincidence that this sets us up for a great RAM price rally towards DDR5 production rampup in 2021

This, buy Samsung
Those haves the lowest failure rate

>being edgy
vs
>brand loyalty
really makes me think
given my tight budget I will choose ADATA.

Wouldn't that very quickly kill the drive?

>Samsung
>any gook shit outside of Japan
Hard pass

Yea, 30gb isn't enough.
Last example i read was in the 60gb range.
Average speed for large file transfer is not a good benchmark, for most consumer usecases it would be more interesting where the cliff of write speed comes up and how much you get after.

dug up a graph. Will you look at that fucking Pro performance. It's far better than i remembered.

Attached: file.png (711x457, 217K)

Crucial
Western Digital
Sandisk
Samsung
Intel

Not Samsung...

Not quickly but it would definitely shorten the lifespan, virtual memory has been around since Windows 7 and is by all means worse than actual RAM so it makes no sense why xbox would boast about it

They'll probably drop by another half before the end of the year.

yes, buy trump's tariff on china might stop the world from moving to SSD

Adata is okay.
It's no kingston.

Yes, it'd shorten the lifespan from 200 years to 70 years.

b-die is a meme anyways

I've been thinking getting a 2tb samsshit QVO ssd and move my whole steam library to ssd

why is this qvo so cheap?

Attached: 61BF1sMxHAL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1000, 125K)

Best SATA SSD which you can buy without any doubt is Samsung 860 evo and Crucial MX 500.
Whichever size you want to buy just get one of them and you can live without any problem.

All ssds are cheap
1tb m.2 samsung evo ssd costs less than a garbo 500gb ssd did 6y ago

reneelab.com/difference-slc-mlc-tlc.html#qlc
qvo uses qlc, evo uses mlc and its not m.2

because qlc

ADATA is trash, get Crucial Western Digital or samsung.

>ADATA
>SATA interface

why

anyone who doesn't use a samsung pro or evo is a raging incel that needs sex

Attached: screenshot.2019-06-23 01.15.29.png (667x489, 958K)

no shit some consumer grade facebook and email machine sees no benefit from good SSD hardware. my nvme 960 pros in my R710 top out benchmarks at ~6GB/s read and ~2-4GB/s write and I can run a retarded number of virtual machines on them simultaneously.

>QLC

Attached: 1560009447023.jpg (550x620, 32K)

you're a fucking retard, don't put anything on your pc you're not afraid of losing

I don't know, it seems like that's a pretty good machine in the video. You're not inserting an M.2 SSD in just any motherboard, so count that in too, given that you already have all the other components including overpriced DDR4 RAM. People are looking for a bang for your back upgrade, not the best thing money can buy and server grade SSDs.

QLC is twice as dense/slow as MLC was, which itself was slower than SLC. There's a cache to compensate for it, but when I did the exact thing you mention, it started at 200/300 MB/s, but rather quickly went down to only 80 MB/s. That said, it's not an application in which the writing performance matters too much, and the reading performance is good enough for gaming. I'd have bought a NVMe drive if I wanted the absolute best performance.

Adata is fine don't let others scare you with fud. Just make sure the drive your going has the performance you want beforehand Adata has a reputation for some of their drives being a lot slower than the competition. This is typically due to a slow controller but that's usually only their budget lines. BTW I would avoid QLC NAND personally.
How's 2013 treating you and does BackBlaze and WD pay you anything to shill?
>Kangzston
Bait and switch

QLC is fine for a lot of use cases around here like storing a ton of bideo gaymes so you can load them quickly. It's just maybe not the right pick for databases.

Not before the other components fail so long as you get an SSD built for the writes.

Based

Why the fuck are you using xp

Is the price falling across all forms of storage? I bought a 32gb flash drive for under £10 a week ago. Pretty crazy when I think that around a decade ago a 2gb one cost the same

>Those haves the lowest failure rate
post proof you fucking nigger. and no "muh had 2 adatas that failed" doesn't count as a proof. samsung shills are just fucking retarded

lol adata shills getting this desperate
in the loo sandeep

>BUY SAMSUNG ONLY SAMSUNG IS GOOD EVERY OTHER BRAND BAD BAD BAD
yet you call others shills, just pathetic

For me? It's Toshiba.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1024x635, 48K)

> Throw money at it!

The Jow Forums solution to everything.

W7

Back everything up to an old style hard drive periodically. Best of both worlds.

You could get 1TB 1 year ago by buying two 500GB MX500's for 34 eur a pop and RAID0'ing them.

not available in my country
I have a seagate one... am I fucked up?
ok thanks for info and models
> HDD are better than SSD
perhaps are you mentally impaired?

I think Samsung's 860 Evo is the same price. Why not just get Samsung?