Botnet or kino?

botnet or kino?

Attached: os-logo-b44ed4fc34_2560.png (756x531, 10K)

more like training wheels

FPBP

ugly default theme

you can tell by the logo that it is a kid's distro

it doesn't matter, if you're using it you probably aren't doing anything important enough to legitimately care

>implying you can't be both

Attached: windows-logo-59484f7e3df78c537bd12331.png (768x432, 36K)

best distro for laptop users

its just ubuntu with other software preinstalled.

It's inspired by the Pop cereal from Mr. Bean so you're somewhat right

It's pretty nice if you have a system76 laptop. Everything just works straight out of the box, and the HiDPI toggle / power usage toggle / GPU switcher built into the shell is nice ( even though yes you can just download the extensions, but I cbf doing that; I have a job).

They made it for the same reason steam OS went from being an ubuntu derivative to a debian derivative - apparently canonical is extremely disagreeable and hard to work with. Plus ubuntu's gnome 3 is a bigger abomination that vanilla gnome 3.

But it's obviously a brand identity thing as well.

inoffensive, entry level distro. No more botnet than any other ubuntu-based. Harmless in my opinion.
>muh theme
this is not why you should be installing a distro.

came with a system76 laptop I got for work. Left it on for a month just to try it out. Very noob friendly, no shell usage required for anything. Would recommend as an OSX replacement for non-dev, web-only users.

install gentoo

I don't see how it's anything other than a brand-identity thing. They could have just installed a stock distro and left it at that, whether that distro was Ubuntu or something less shitty.

shit FOTM distro that'll stop being supported once no one buys their overpriced computers

Between all good press around them and their promise to keep 32-bit apps support, I think they're here to stay.

ripoff logo

Attached: e405b6c9138f4dccdc46fe98594154df.jpg (1000x1000, 1.23M)

exactly. Maybe a less-shit ubuntu version for noobs to recommend( aside from the usual install gentoo ) .

Possibly dead unless they drop Ubuntu for something else.

The better Mint

Change the theme ASAP.

Default looks like some pastel preschool shit.

Why do they have to make a separate distro that is virtually indistinguishable from Ubuntu instead of just making a gui tool for easy managment of gpus or whatever they added to it? Why are linuxfags always so retarded about making a separate distro for every minor feature

Same reason as why stock Android on phones is so rare.

This is the mascot for kde neon, now this is a kids distro

Attached: Konqi.png (220x367, 45K)

It's their nature. The same as why you enjoy cleaning your own shit from the random top's penis that rails you every other night.

exposure. Nobody would ever hear about things like nix/guix, various DEs (pantheon, deepin, etc.), etc. if a distro wasn't tied to it.

>kde
>distro

Mainly so they can have something that is totally optimized for the machines that they sell. Honestly it would be great if a few OEMs that offer Linux can rally around the same distro - i mean, Ubuntu was pretty well supported but i can see some companies turning away from them soon.

he clearly said kde neon, learn to read