*rapes ur ssd with writes*

*rapes ur ssd with writes*

Attached: D9D2A62D-CFAA-438C-AD89-B83E29D7793E.jpg (800x600, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

servethehome.com/firefox-is-eating-your-ssd-here-is-how-to-fix-it/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

use the mklink command if you're on windows

My SSD deserves it. Advertising such writing capacity like that. Literally built for it.

Huh? Why would it do that?

Attached: image.jpg (960x540, 130K)

browser.sessionstore.interval
browser.cache.disk.enable;false
servethehome.com/firefox-is-eating-your-ssd-here-is-how-to-fix-it/

Attached: Screenshot_20190623-002919_Firefox.jpg (1080x2032, 697K)

true for all browsers and firefox isn't even the worst of them all. they seem to be closest to actually being concerned about this, I'm not sure how true is that though
chrome is just obscene, and it killed two of my hdds
this is fucked up
what's the best solution? portable browser in a ramdisk? linux, ezpz, windows - for some reason, clunk as fuck

>40 years later
>still have 100 years of writes left

SSDs can take a fucking pounding and people need to realise this. Especially 3D ones.

getting hard just thinking about it

This isn't 2006, modern SSDs can take more writes than HDDs can.

and just as a whole, tech, especially very consumer and whatever programs like this, haven't cared about io usage and performance for the longest time, and it's very bad
just this neglect alone is letting it clog up. reduction of freeze and lag, and performance increases could be achieved with some simple changes to whatever the fuck your program is doing
literally just look at io stats

also when you block 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 packets on your LAN and open up chrome, it goes full fucking ham and starts blasting 100s of dns queries per minute trying to find daddy google again

Attached: 1511456608288-chrome.jpg (500x500, 37K)

How do I make Firefox more usable on a Mac? It legit slows down compile times and uses more resources than safari. I want out of safari.

Switching operating systems isn't a solution because I need it for work.

i did this and now firefox is my operating system and msinfo says my computer was made by mozilla

help

fuck off

no (You)

running firefox esr here. my hard disk activity: idle. yet another thread starring: OP, the compulsive lying fucking retard.

Attached: 1560155891958.png (1046x712, 131K)

what about the browser.sessionrestore.interval.idle?

Windows rapes HDDs and SSDs far worse than firefox.

> rapes

you mean 'uses' ?

Attached: 1557926781354.jpg (960x953, 127K)

Windows is much more IO-intensive than linux distros. You can really tell when you have a hard drive, since you can hear it churning. Linux is much easier on disks.

wait wait wait

you mean to tell me that the size of writes doesn't matter but the the number of writes itself does? wew what moron would purchase that

Wew I’ll have to try that.

I don't know why you need to fuck around with internal settings when you can just go into regular settings and disable the browser cache instead.

SSD was meant to be rap- written

I’d light a little fire under your ass bro

>*rapes ur ssd with writes*
You know you can put the cache is ram with like 3 lines in about:config? Oh wait, of course you don't because you're dumb as fuck OP.

do i need to do this on waterfox?

it is allready set to 1 hour

how about you have sex?