Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: aerBA1W_460s.jpg (460x300, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/KUFA5V6X
forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=22163#p22163
mozilla-services.readthedocs.io/en/latest/howtos/run-sync-1.5.html
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

does undervolting a cpu cause choppy performance at all? did a slight undervolt and games are choppy when i look around fast or when i move windows around quickly

My shit again. I'm currently trying to narrow it down more but don't know how much that will actually help. Any ideas?

Can someone point me in the direction of how to build my own cloud storage for my phone and laptop?

What is the best solution to code on a smartphone?
I want to login to my home server from my phone and start to code anywhere anytime. I tried to use some ssh client app but the virtual keyboard took almost half a screen. I don't want to carry an ipad or something equivalent because it is too big and inconvenient to carry around.

I've been having some bad luck with SCSI controllers lately. I've bought 2 different models of Ultra320 SCSI controllers and they both seem to suffer from the same problem of locking up the system after 30-40 minutes. The first card is the Adaptec 2120S and the second is the IBM ServeRAID-6M. I've noticed that both use the same RAID chip (Adaptec AIC-7902W) so I'm assuming this is the cause of the problem. I directed a fan at one of the cards and it last a lot longer so I'm assuming the chip is overheating but if so then why did the manufacturer not attach a heatsink? Are these suppose to operate in a server environments where fans are blasting on them 24/7 to keep them cool?

Attached: 0.271C.gif (640x448, 83K)

Why do my best programming ideas happen on the toilet?

disconnect all case usb ports from the motherboard
find out which onboard usb ports are supplied by the chipset and which are using an additional usb controller
then try to plug stuff around until it maybe works

because its the one time of day where you are not distracted and can think for a moment

Because you think with your ass, and a good bowel movement is your way of clearing your mind.

why don't women just become smart?

How secure is the tech used by banks?

too busy arguing about how to change men so as to allow women to become smart (too dumb to realize men aren't in the way)

I asked a few days ago about how to make black frame insertion work on mpv with vapoursynth but it keeps closing on start.

I also tried this on cmd.exe:

mpv.com --vf=vapoursynth="~~/BlackFrameInsertion.vpy" C:\Users\user\Downloads\c3ntjh.mp4 -v

and this is the last line it gives before closing:
[vapoursynth] using 6 concurrent requests.

I'm not sure if that helps, but I just want to know what exactly makes it close. Did I installed vapoursynth incorrectly? is the .vpy file somewhere it shouldn't be?

Attached: mpv-screenshot-34cd36ae.jpg (999x628, 179K)

How to stop all processes with a given name (even if there are lots of them running) via the Windows command line?

Attached: HAPPENING.png (480x360, 295K)

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

Why are my converted videos garbled on seek, but play fine if I don't seek?

I'm converting to HEVC using the default settings in Xmedia Recode (which is just a ffmpeg GUI).

Attached: digital_distortion_by_samblye1-d30npsi.png.jpg (1131x707, 186K)

because you're media player sucks

MPV sucks now?
No, it plays all videos converted by competent people just fine.

So when pirates say their cracks "get picked up as false positives by AV software" are they being genuine? It's on a respected private tracker and the torrent itself is popular and commented on positively.

ok I tested the .vpy with vspipe, I typed this on cmd.exe: vspipe --info "C:\Users\Gerardos\AppData\Roaming\mpv\BlackFrameInsertion.vpy" -

and it gave this error:
Script evaluation failed:
Python exception: name 'video_in' is not defined

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1927, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
File "src\cython\vapoursynth.pyx", line 1928, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
File "C:\Users\Gerardos\AppData\Roaming\mpv\BlackFrameInsertion.vpy", line 4, in
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(video_in, fpsnum=24)
NameError: name 'video_in' is not defined

should I replace 'video_in' with something else?

Doesn't stop all processes. Only one instance.

where do you fe/g/gots get LTSC for a different language as english?
As i dont want to get cancer on my pc.

video_in is defined by mpv's vapoursynth support
you'll need to use a different input method if using vspipe
from one of mine;
clip = core.ffms2.Source(source=inputFile)
#clip = video_in
(replace "inputFile" with a path to a video file if it's just for testing)

What happens if you use ffmpeg directly?

ok I changed that line with: clip = core.ffms2.Source(source="C:/Users/user/Downloads/c3ntjh.mp4")

it gives:
Script evaluation failed:
Python exception: No attribute with the name ffms2 exists. Did you mistype a plugin namespace?

do you have something different for
core = vs.get_core()
?
do you have ffms2 installed?
can you post your vapoursynth script?

Trying to rice my terminal

Does anybody know why the shade characters don't fill to the top? pic related
How can I solve this?

Attached: Screenshot_20190623_120424.png (86x33, 974)

here's the script in its original state: pastebin.com/KUFA5V6X

I copied it from here: forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=22163#p22163

>do you have ffms2 installed?
I think I don't? I typed "ffms2" on Everything and nothing came up.

apologies for being this much retarded, I'm really trying.

not a question, but i feel like i should mention it
idk when or how it got turned on, but i just found out a moment ago why my Jow Forums X has been running so slow, for weeks it's been slower than other sites, and just yesterday it's gotten so bad that i noticed that it chokes when i scroll to an unread post
just now i found out the thread watcher was enabled, i've never touched it before, and it had probably hundreds of entries in it (took a few couple minutes to close them all), and once it was cleared out, things were back to normal
just thought i'd mention it in case someone else has the same issue

What's a trustworthy Jow Forums-approved VPN for Windows?

How can I disable device verification for GitHub?

It works fine, actually, thanks.
But I'd still like to know what's going on.

Here are some Xmedia Recode defaults (except the bitrate).

If I increase the keyframe interval it's a bit better, but then the file size gets bigger too (bigger than with ffmpeg). I don't think that's what's happening with the standard ffmpeg encode.

Attached: xr.png (759x918, 29K)

works for me once i change line 6 to;
clip = core.std.Interleave(clips = [blank, clip])
assuming 24fps is shit though, it'll desync with anything else
most '24fps' media is 24/1.001 even, so it'd make more sense to use
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(video_in, fpsnum=24, fpsden=1.001)
instead as a default

wait, seems i can't use floats there
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(video_in, fpsnum=24000, fpsden=1001)

I got this error and explorer crashed and restarted, any idea what with it?

explorer.exe - System Error : The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.

How do I setup local firefox sync server?
Everything on Google/YouTube just shows a guide on how to make a Firefox account

First result for me on how to set up your own sync server.
mozilla-services.readthedocs.io/en/latest/howtos/run-sync-1.5.html

>Making backup on my external HDD
>HDD properties
>450GB used
>Check files inside
>360GB

Why? I'm also 100% sure I only copied 360GB of data.

>If I increase the keyframe interval it's a bit better
How much did you increase it? Try 250. That's x265's default.

GiB and GB are different

250 gets me the same result as 0 (Auto), so that's not it.

I know, turns out it was W10 being retarded and showing incorrect folder size.

What triggers this error?

Just noticed, it's the fault of konsole, since urxvt doesnt have it.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

I have no clue, but a bit of googling showed up people experiencing it as well.
On of myf olders was whoing as 40.5GB but it's contents were 160GB.

There is a very untrustworthy guy that has access to an internet browser add-on's centralized server.
Realistically, How much damage could this untrustworthy guy do to the privacy of those using the add-on? They have a very malicious past

Attached: gene.jpg (950x534, 47K)

retarded shit

It's possible for it to go either way. AVs tend to not care about telling the difference. You really couldn't even know it was clear if it passed all the AVs. Only way to reliably not get infected is to not pirate games/software.

I want to upgrade my network setup from my shitty 20 dollar asus to something capable. My budget is 100-120 dollars for both router and AP(currently i don't need seperate switch). I've 50 mbps innternnet connection, i would like to have openvpn to home network(probably should run it on my home server, not on router itself), snort(or some other ids, will probably run it on home server too), squid cache with transparentproxy(on home server too), adblock on network, dns cache, second backup 3g network and maybe some other shif. Should i get mikrotik, ubiquity or some openwrt stuff? Which is more based? Recommend me some specific models for that price.

Next step made me figure out its an inequality between line and font height in Konsole
Anyone?

How do you know your VPN isn't spying on you?

So I guess YouTube just updated or some shit. Now it pauses a few 10 minutes asking if i'm afk while listening to my playlist and noodle around on Dota 2. Does anyone know a work around, I couldn't seem to find an extension on Google Chrome, maybe there is something I can edit in the inspect elements?

Attached: scared.png (499x492, 91K)

Any way to get Office 365 pirate version? I'd like to get the new UI.

So, I've been using HDsentinel, and I was looking at the lifetime writes on my 2TB drive, it says 7.5TB over a 3 month period, but that doesn't sound accurate.

Are there any other programs to check this?

I got this error and explorer crashed and restarted, any idea what with it?

explorer.exe - System Error : The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.

What the fuck did I do now

Attached: uamd.png (208x50, 1K)

Is a games framerate locked to a monitors Hz? Say I have a 60hz monitor but can get 120fps, I'll get screen tearing unless I lock the framerate at 60hz? Would the same be true for 30hz?

I'm planning on buying a 2TB drive to work as a mirror for my current 2TB, will I need to format before I do this, or can I just copy the data over?

You trust them or you don't. My ISP hasn't given me any browser cease and desists since I started using my VPN for torrents, but I can't provide any other "proof" than that.

Nexcloud, or you could just use FTP. Either way you need to buy a domain name, and either a connection with the ports unblocked or a VPS service. For hardware you could use whatever you want more or less but ideally you want redundant encrypted storage and ECC RAM.

Real cloud storage or just sharing files among them?
If it's the latter just share them using FTP or SMB connection.

>Is a games framerate locked to a monitors Hz?
Sadly no.

>I'll get screen tearing unless I lock the framerate at 60hz?
Basically. It's less noticeable on higher refresh rate monitors. If you're pulling out super high frames on your GPU, you'd likely not notice tearing either, although you're wasting a lot of power rendering frames you aren't using.

There are a few ways of locking the framerate. Most common is vsync, with a bit of delay added. Free/Gsync is better. There's also programs that try to manually force, it which are somewhere in between. Make sure you actually care about the tearing before you go fucking with shit.

Is it worth using an SSD for the OS?

Was thinking of getting a 1TB one for games, but I don't know if I should use it for games and the OS.

I might grab a 250GB SSD for the OS, and a 1TB for games, plus 2x1TB for various files plus a mirror.

it makes a huge difference for the OS
with games it varies, some take advantage of it some don't

Not necessarily. Screen tearing could technically occur with 60fps on a 60Hz monitor, it's just the monitor refreshing in the middle of getting a new frame. You could have no tearing if you're playing at 120fps on 60Hz as well, if it all lines up perfectly.
I'd always just leave the framerate unlocked in the options (if possible), and if you get tearing that annoys you you slap vsync on it.
OS is more significant than games I think, I'd prioritize getting one for the OS over one for games.

>Is it worth using an SSD for the OS?
Absolutely.

>Was thinking of getting a 1TB one for games, but I don't know if I should use it for games and the OS

OS >>>>>>> Games. There's moderate benefit to games, mostly in the loading screen, but OS is where it counts.

>I might grab a 250GB SSD for the OS, and a 1TB for games, plus 2x1TB for various files plus a mirror.
Just get one big one, it'll be better for your money. Also there's no point in mirroring the SSD. Just get a networked hard drive somewhere in your house for the backup.

>Is it worth using an SSD for the OS?

It's the main reason to get an SSD.

Thanks for the replies, I'm asking because I'm using a 50hz TV as a monitor and I'm wondering if I'm missing out on anything a 60hz TV would offer.

Currently running W7, W10 and Ubuntu on my desktop.

Can I expect to not fuck up grub if I simply delete W7 partition and realocate the space?

You're always missing out if you're using a lower refresh rate monitor/tv. The question is if it's significant enough for you to care. Personally I wouldn't bother upgrading to 60Hz from 50Hz, that's not that big a difference.

Pressing the top right of the "H" key on my T480s doesn't always actually activate the key: it feels like part of the plastic is just bending instead. Is there an easy way to fix this? I think it stated fairly recently, but I'm not sure.

What am I missing out on? How does it affect me in day to day gaming

Hm. I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with the keyframe interval. VLC is notorious to produce such corrupted playback for very long keyframe intervals, but I've never seen mpv struggle with it.
What happens if you play it with another robust media player like MPC-HC? Does the problem occur for all your encodes or only a single video? Oh, and since I just realized that you're encoding 12-bit HEVC, could it be that you're using hardware decoding with mpv and that your hardware doesn't support 12-bit HEVC?

Things will appear smoother, and you'll be able to see things faster. Not everybody cares that much about those things though, a lot of console games still play at 30fps and people are fine with it.

In Java does pressing only Enter at a nextLine scan read an empty string?

How can I mod my zen micro and iPod to have a 1TB card or some sort of upgraded storage?

>made a lvm home partition cause Jow Forums said I could resize it without needing to load up a live cd
>can't resize it
>live cds can't do jack with it either

What do Jow Forums? Right now I'm backing up all of my files and I'm just gonna format the partition. Is there anything else I could do?

Attached: 1483993740567.png (782x720, 323K)

Use lvm tools nigga

I'll try to figure out what this actually means, thanks.

I can't install it in fedora for some reason

Attached: IMG_6506.jpg (400x524, 42K)

You mean in the Scanner class?
It's delimiter based, so if your delimiter is a newline and there's nothing else, then yes, you get an empty string.

Download the audio and play your music/podcasts on your computer.

Is it possible to gain full rootkit like access to a PC remotely if that PC does not have access to the internet currently?

Attached: shirtimage-6.png (579x485, 57K)

I guess technically you could have a drone with a router and cellular modem built into it fly up to the computer and insert an ethernet cable into it. Provided the ethernet cable is in a location that will allow the drone to do that. And you've got another drone laden with explosives to blow a hole in the wall.
But yes, I suppose it is physically possible. It's just going to be very very obvious something is wrong.

Is there any way to fix Dropbox udpating slow as shit?

I looked at the info for the ffmpeg mp4 vs the Xmedia Recode mp4. The ffmpeg has 'colormatrix' bt.601, the Xmedia Recode has bt.709.

So I changed in Xmedia Recode the "matrix coefficients" from bt.701 to 'unspecified' and now it's fine.
Don't know why XR would default to that, though.

Where can I find out what exploded on my laptop so I can fix it? If it helps the laptop is ROG GL552VW.

Attached: thumbnail.jpg (810x1080, 130K)

Should I buy Philips 243V7QSB if I can get it for 87 euros? I just need a 24 inch IPS monitor.

Attached: Eggplant_Emoji_grande.png (600x600, 182K)

That is very weird. A wrong colormatrix should produce slightly off colors, not corrupt playback. But at least you found the solution.
>Don't know why XR would default to that, though.
BT.601 is usually used for SD content (and VP8 in general, as it doesn't support BT.709), BT.709 for HD footage.

Why do DJs use macbooks?

The only answers I've gotten are dumb. "Macbooks have better specs"
"Nobody will hire you if you don't have a Mac" "The GUI on the macbook is better" etc. etc.

Are normalfags really this retarded?

Attached: __dejiko_di_gi_charat__8c60a5856d1f76b50869bf43b181eb47.png (640x480, 902K)

pls recommend me a laptop under 900

>Why do DJs use macbooks?
You should ask the DJs. Maybe they prefer the audio driver (CoreAudio) or maybe they have some other reason.
I don't use a Mac, but I can easily see why one would prefer macOS over Windows.

Back in the day macs were the only platform that supported a lot of media production software. There's shit that will only run on macs, and the reverse isn't true, although the gap has narrowed a lot in recent years. Rep is still there, and it's hard to argue with the Just Werks angle. Plus DJ is a field where image often matters, so looking like you can afford the premium shit is its own thing.

Thinkpad T420.

Whatever that was, it's probably a sign that there's something wrong with the motherboard as a whole if it was possible for that to happen.

I asked people who were DJs, but yours and makes the most sense.

pls respond

Attached: 1553757268431.jpg (780x879, 585K)

I'm not familiar with this board but is that the "SS+GOMAD" of Jow Forums?

I just bought some parts, but I have an issue.

My case has 4 front USB ports 3x2.0, 1x3.0.

Problem is my Motherboard has only 2 front USB headers, both of which are 3.0.

Any solution?