The Great Debate

The Great Debate

Attached: NordVPN-vs-ExpressVPN-1.png (1000x1000, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Nyr/openvpn-install
blog.torproject.org/bittorrent-over-tor-isnt-good-idea
blog.talosintelligence.com/2018/09/vulnerability-spotlight-Multi-provider-VPN-Client-Privilege-Escalation.html
translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.kuketz-blog.de/android-nordvpn-uebermittelt-e-mail-adresse-an-tracking-anbieter/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Both are shit and you don't need a VPN

>not using both
Enjoy your IP leaking.

pia

>you don't need a VPN
Are you sure? I do a lot of nasty things online I hope to forever keep private. I also practice the illegal activities of Piracy, which can land me a hefty fee or even worse Prison

Attached: brize-clipart-comic-1.jpg (1397x988, 133K)

commercial VPN are absolute waste of money
just buy VPS at least you will learn something!!
if you really need multiple countries you can use tor which is free

Attached: 1560970745323.gif (220x220, 27K)

If you aren't using a VPN that's been proven in COURT to not log anything like pia you're a dumbass who fell for the privacy meme in the most shallow way possible.

vpn ht

you don't need a vpn for piracy
you need to learn how to use your client

Yes, i'm sure. You're literally trusting a 3rd party to have your back for 10$/month. Think about it. Do you really think they're going to jail to protect you? If you truly do shit you believe requires a VPN, then you need much more than that. Tunneling multiple VPNs from a public wifi hotspot using a live linux usb etc. If it's because of privacy, use a seedbox instead

Piracy, not privacy. Fuck

>using either
big ol yikes my dude

This. If you need to bypass some geolock, use a vps or go through tor

tpbp

>and you don't need a VPN
I live in a country where I go to jail if I denies the Holocaust, if course I need a VPN.

They are shit. Just use Mullvad or AirVPN

Yes, because some random dudes who you're paying 10$ a month are surely going to jail for you. Never mind that you're trusting everything, and i do mean everything, you do online to them

>Vertraue zufälligem anderen Internetjuden deine Daten an und bezahle dafür
>Obwohl du schon monatlich einen Juden bezahlst um ins Internet zu können
Jetzt zahlst du ja schon ZWEI von denen, wie kann man so BLÖD sein

Get a life, faggot

If they keep no logs they are already safer than a naked ISP

How do you know nothing is logged? Because a company in a 3rd country tells you so? A company who you have no recourse against if they turn out to be wrong.

when the FBI takes then to court

My ISP logs everything and tell the glownigs
If they is even chance my VPN doesn't that's a win

>Both are shit and you don't need a VPN
I do because I pay for an ESPN+ subscription that is not available in my country so I need an American IP.

Generally ISPs are saving DNS queries to meet rules in logging. Unless you're somewhere really bad or doing something really bad then switching to DNSSEC + a 3rd party out of country DNS is going to be as effective. You've moved the jurisdiction someone would need to go to in order to get your traffic. From now on when your ISP reports logged traffic you are not included, someone would be to subpoena the DNS provider to find out about you specifically

Tor is also safer and it's free. VPNs are for brainlets who falls for marketing
Has that happened to anyone besides PIA? And since PIA is in a 5 eyes country, they can get a court order and get surveillance access to your connectio
>paying for sports
Come on now. Surely you can utilize one of the many ways to stream that shit for free. Even if you can't, there are better ways than a VPN where they could ban their US servers from accessing the content at any moment

>Surely you can utilize one of the many ways to stream that shit for free.
Nope, I use them specifically for an MMA promotion called PFL. It's not as big as UFC or Bellator so not as easy to find streams or even torrents of their events. Also it's only $6/month, I'm not a poorfag.

Sports are the best use case for VPN. I use the Fox Sports app to watch all Premier League games in TV UK. App runs on a fireTV iptables on the router send the specific traffic over the VPN. Never have to think about it breaking.

Are you in the US? If Fox Sports broadcasts premiere league games, why do you need a VPN?

*ahem*

Attached: Avast-Secureline-VPN-Crack[1].png (630x630, 86K)

I'm in the UK. US get all games including the 3pm kick off. I used to live out there and use a friends subscription now.

It's better to use obscure ones because they're less likely to be banned everywhere

Opera Free VPN

Which client settings are you speaking of

block lists, encryption, dht/pex etc

I don't trust any company that pays shills to promise me they care about my privacy

What the fuck is wrong with you

stop shilling pia and have sex

PIA

mullvad.

Your IP is still in the swarm, you gigantous retard.

It's cheap and it werks. I'm not doing anything illegal, just need a VPN for sports.
Simple as

>Has that happened to anyone besides PIA? And since PIA is in a 5 eyes country, they can get a court order and get surveillance access to your connectio
I don't really give a shit. I'm not a dirt worshipping Muslim pig fucker. The NSA isn't going to care about me downloading the Deadwood movie

Nigga there's no way they don't sell your traffic history.

read my post again you gigantous retard

Both have had privacy concerns.
You need to tailor the VPN to specific jurisdictions.

PIA

You need to check reviews though.

I never heard any such allegations outside this board.

Attached: f4anfl67qt411[1].png (800x450, 146K)

Use a seedbox for piracy, nigger

Shill thread
Or just really shitty, i cant tell anymore
Sage

YourownVPN is better.

No thanks. I don't seed, just hit and run public trackers

Stop taking the word seed in seedbox literally. You can use it without seeding and with public trackers. Then you use SFTP to download from the box. Far better than a VPN

my VPN is cheaper and works just fine

I bet you paid for it using a credit card

Attached: 0131a52ab88884b81df6805d1b8c3675b3c14478b4ac6fe51a7d7df9d1a9ebcf.jpg (600x555, 126K)

Jesus fucking christ, is the brainwash advertising these VPNs are doing on YT actually working? Why the fuck would you need a VPN unless you're torrenting?

>he doesn't use both

Attached: Annotation 2019-06-23.png (1366x543, 85K)

Tor hides you much better than any VPN ever could. If you're dumb enough to fall for the VPN meme you're probably dumb enough to be oblivious to the fact that you can still be perfectly tracked through browser fingerprinting.

Websites keep logs of what exact person is accessing them. Your browser fingerprint is either unique or almost unique. Hiding your IP does nothing.

You don't need VPN for torrenting when Tribler exists.

dont worry goy, you also dont need an anti virus

Tor is shit for torrents and anyone who uses it for that purpose is a fucking moron

Tribler does it just fine.

github.com/Nyr/openvpn-install

Mullvad or blackVPN.

Lel dummer Alman

Private internet access

blog.torproject.org/bittorrent-over-tor-isnt-good-idea

see you absolute mega-ultra-superbrainlet

Also a company can't go to jail you fucking buffoon.

How about you stop being an edgy Jow Forums faggot and actually read what the historians wrote to give yourself an educated opinion, then?

>browses Jow Forums regularly
>DOESN'T torrent

Attached: image.jpg (600x450, 197K)

oy vey

>sperging about some random proprietary torrent clients over tor
Tribler was literally designed to work over Tor.
>If you're using Bittorrent over Tor, and you're _also_ browsing the web over Tor at the same time, then the above attacks allow an attacking exit relay to break the anonymity of some of your web traffic.
So non-issue.
Tor project is just crying because their network can't handle torrents, but Tribler uses mostly separate nodes and each client can become a node

>proven in COURT to not log
yeah nah, shill

Not that user but can you spoonfeed me? Do I just google that shit you listed? I am a retard btw

@@71556844
(uoY)

>not 44865517

with some block lists [eg level1, badpeers or your country] you will never connect to those monitoring the swarms, the mandatory encryption and disabled dht like features will keep you from showing up in other auto generated lists

Good job on exacerbating the network for everyone else you dumbass

>free
user, ask yourself why they're offering a free VPN service. What motive could they possibly have in getting people to send all their traffic through their network? The fact that it's free undoubtedly means they're collecting and selling information about you.

VPNs is like transferring your data from one company, your ISP, to another, the VPN provider.
Don.t be stupid, use Tor.

>browser fingerprint
Can be spoofed easily.
Using a service that doesn't keep logs is important if you want to maintain anonymity. Trying to say otherwise is fucking retarded.

As long as the VPN provider is trustworthy and doesn't keep records it's perfectly acceptable. Tor is good for accessing content that no hosting service or sane individual would expose on the regular internet, ie. highly illegal shit. Even then it's not an infallible method. Using either Tor or a VPN is a double-edged scenario, but both are better than just going with your ISP. Most people aren't doing anything so illegal hat they actually need to use Tor, a VPN is enough to protect them from facing charges for bypassing content restrictions or pirating games/movies. Not because it's impossible to find out, but because it buries the process of doing so under a pile of legal work.

How do you know they're trustworthy? How do you know they don't keep logs? As far as i'm aware, the only VPN that has been tested in courts is PIA and since they're in 5 eyes, they're not trustworthy by default

If they're owned by a Bulgarian data mining company that's not a very good sign.

Right but you probably need more criteria. The point is, deciding a VPN is trustworthy is mostly a question of faith and that's moronic if you're doing something that could ruin you financially or land you in prison

Doing something that could ruin you financially or land you in prison, without knowing exactly what you're doing, is indeed moronic

>the only VPN that's been tested in courts is PIA
They're definitely not, they're just a provider that's had their testing become prevalent to the public eye, which is unsurprisingly the only one you've found out about because you probably dont actually look into or pay attention to anything menioned outside of this board. Which is plainly obvious because you can observe he existence many such cases with a quick Google search.

Again, the point isn't that it's impossible to find out you're pirating something, it's to bury the process of doing so under a pile of legal work so that no sane company would attempt to spend he resources required to do anything about it. Using a VPN, any VPN in a country with relaxed policies, is much safer than going directly through your ISP.

And again, you can achieve the same thing with a shared seedbox without putting your trust in some random dude who rented some servers and is now earning easy money by marketing it as le privacy tool. You're right though, i haven't researched VPNs in court because VPNs are fundamentally pointless except in the fringe case where your threat model is such that you need several of them and only access the net through public hotspots

>a question of faith
It's really not. If a VPN advertises they do not keep records it's in their best interest to make sure they don't if they don't want to be sued to high heave if people ever find it they are. It's basically a pact of mutually assured destruction. They fuck up and you and the rest of their customers can file a class action that will undoubtedly bankrupt their company.

Yea...I will believe that when Hide my ass goes out of business

Using a shared seedbox is just as dangerous because of the money trail it leaves.

Nord was started by Tesonet which is a data mining extraordinaire.

1) the CEO of Tesonet, the CEO of ProtonVPN and the CEO of CloudVPN are all the same one person.
2) CloudVPN is not a payment processor. It uses PayPal to collect subscriptions from NordVPN. It's not that you pay to NordVPN via a payment processor called "CloudVPN", you pay to CloudVPN via some payment processor (PayPal for example). In such transactions CloudVPN is not the payment processor, it is the final beneficiary of your payments. To allow such payments via a web site interaction with PayPal, PayPal wants that the beneficiary is the web site owner.

Additionally, the developer of NordVPN application in the Google Play Store is CloudVPN. The developer of ProtonVPN application in the Google Play Store is Tesonet.

So you know that:

- CloudVPN is not a payment processor in the transaction phase, but the beneficiary of the payment

- CloudVPN signs the application(s) of NordVPN (therefore it has full access to Google Play Store keys of NordVPN)
- Tesonet signs the application(s) of ProtonVPN (therefore it has full access to Google Play Store keys of ProtonVPN)

- the CEO of Tesonet, CloudVPN and ProtonVPN is the same person
- CloudVPN introduced itself to PayPal as the web server owner of NordVPN

I thought it was implied that you don't pay using a credit card...

The business correlations between Tesonet, ProtonVPN and NordVPN have been already proved a long ago.

In the meantime new food for mind suggesting that even the technical management is the same came out.

ProtonVPN and NordVPN client software were both affected by the same critical vulnerability. When a patch was attempted, a new bug was entered which did not fix the vulnerability. The new bug is a consequence of the same, identical error and wrong considerations.

The fact that both Nord and Proton applications AND the patches for both applications were all flawed in the identical way shows that Proton and Nord are managed by the same technicians in my opinion.

Since the bugged patches were released when the critical vulnerabilities had not been disclosed publicly, you can even rule out that one party copied the patch of the other (not to mention that it's all closed source).

Since Nord is owned by Tesonet, a close relationship between Proton and Tesonet exists too (actually, as an additional confirmation, the Android ProtonVPN application has been signed by Tesonet since years ago).

blog.talosintelligence.com/2018/09/vulnerability-spotlight-Multi-provider-VPN-Client-Privilege-Escalation.html

Even then you're still putting faith in another party not to fuck you over. The only way to truly be secure is to set up your own ISP in a country like Romania and run the entire show yourself.

How so? Use some highly secure crypto to pay for the seedbox and use SFTP to download anything. Far more secure and anonymous than a VPN without having to have faith in some random guy who claims to be on your side while charging you money

NordVPN Android app transmits personal data to third parties

translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.kuketz-blog.de/android-nordvpn-uebermittelt-e-mail-adresse-an-tracking-anbieter/

I've looked at the NordVPN app (version 3.9.8) for Android. Not only does this include a few trackers, it also sends your email address, along with unique identifying features such as the Google Advertising ID, to a third party ( Iterable Inc. ) at registration:
App includes 5 trackers
Furthermore, the app includes five more trackers :

AppsFlyer
Google Analytics
Google CrashLytics
Google Firebase Analytics
Tune

Info transmitted to 3rd party by Nord App
Device or manufacturer
Battery charge
Google Advertising ID
Gyro-sensor data
screen size
LineageOS build version
Connectivity (WLAN)
Mobile service provider (UnityMedia)
[...]

Nord is and has always been a meme VPN. Anybody using NordVPN fell for those cheesy commercials and is actually a retard

Attached: sued.jpg (210x212, 12K)

Netiher. Mullvad + wireguard is the true answer. They even give you a nice bash script to run on linux that gives you a config file for each server they have.

>Using a service that doesn't keep logs is important
Logs aren't important when there are other easy ways to track you. You should be able to anonymously pay and sign up then, and hope that the VPNs ISP doesn't keep logs.
Logs are almost always kept, just not permanently.

>someone here actually unironically uses VPNs
The absolute state of this board. It feels like I'm constantly being surrounded by kiddies.