So um, I just won the lottery and for the first time in my life I'm gonna get myself a HIGH end pc...

so um, I just won the lottery and for the first time in my life I'm gonna get myself a HIGH end pc. I wan't literally the best pc parts you can get as of right now. I'll be using it for gaming. should I go AMD or NVIDIA?

lets just say that the budget for this pc is unlimited... I don't want to say how much exactly cause I don't want the mafia to suicide me

Attached: 7e04bd43e3fe788203d6bc4b49d13765-320-80.png (320x237, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mitpressjournals.org/doi/abs/10.1162/REST_a_00114#.VpLMM1J327Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone got a recent meme build with quad quatros and double xeon processors with 8 TB NVMe? Is that one compartmentalized case still one of the most expensive?

Fully loaded Mac pro lol

Buy at least 3 displays with stands for maximum flexing.

just wait for new ryzen navi and ddr5 my dude

Orion X2

>wait for DDR5
>another two years
>just to be an early adopter with barely any gain over some fast DDR4 sticks

>DDR5
>More bandwidth at cost of latency
No thanks

tl;dr is just filtering by most expensive on pcpartpicker
i9 9980XE, whatever the best motherboard is, the best case that fits a giant non atx motherboard (SII EEB i think its called?)
multiple quadro rtx 8000's

note that super high end pcs are super finicky, chances are whatever ram you buy first wont even work, its not going to post because of some dumb shit and theres nothing documented about it
just be prepared for that, there will be a lot of fiddling
normal consumer tier hardware is designed to be super easy to set up and compatible with just about anything, any ddr4 you find and slap onto a b250 board will work
not always the case with HEDT chipsets and super high motherboards, some ram wont work with some processors, sometimes its specific timings, sometimes its like module capacity in certain configurations, always stupid shit

If I won the lottery I'd buy a yacht, then buy this yacht case for my yacht gaming setup. I really like sailing desu.

Attached: now this is yacht racing.jpg (1280x720, 96K)

and this why people who win the lottery end up poorer a year later

I recommend:
Motherboard: Supermicro MBD-X11SPA-TF-O
CPU: Xeon W-3245, or Xeon W-3275M to go full retard
RAM: 6x 8GB ECC DIMMs
GPU: 1x Geforce 2080 Ti - multi-GPU is a meme
SSD: 2x WD Black 2TB in RAID-1
Case: personal preference, maybe XForma MBX MKII Limited Edition
Hard drives and/or optical drive if you're so inclined
Get a nice mechanical keyboard, I like Leopold
And for God's sake invest most of that money in federal bonds and dividend-bearing stocks

>DDR4
>More bandwidth at the cost of latency
No thanks

oh hey same except it's an inheritance and not the lottery

Send the money to me I am a poor boy from a poor family. I deserve that money.

ok, post your address, i will mail you a check

>wan't

Sent. Check your inbox.

>DDR3
No thanks

AMD CPU, Nvidia GPU.

Attached: 1533813709856.jpg (1600x1196, 413K)

Get 2 rtx 2080 supers and an AMD epyc

Go for the upcoming 16 core Ryzen CPU.
I'm rich myself, which is why I definitely won't be going for an Intel CPU filled with security faults.

He won the lottery, and NVLink is awesome. He should go with a quad GPU setup. No compromises.

There's plenty of internet dealers who will sell you a super high end PC with watercooling and perfect cable management for 10k $.

I think he's better off buying land first. The power to forbid everyone from accessing a certain area of the earth's surface is always valuable. Doesn't mean you should put it all in land, but when you've got acreage there's a lot of things that you can do that you could never do without it.

This looks super comfy

> gaming
dual RTX Titans and binned i9 9900K with 5.2GHz OC is probably the best you can get right now if you don't stream. If you will be streaming, get a 3950X and OC the shit out of it.

> Gaming
> Xeon
user...

Typical lottery winners, they burn their money away by the flick of a switch, have some financial control you poor fag.
You don't need much for gaming, and you probably have no clue about pc hardware.

Attached: 1554009599568.gif (500x282, 949K)

>DDR2
No thanks

>3950X
I forgot that is only coming in September or whatever, then just get a i9-9980XE firehouse and the best custom liquid cooling and OC it if you will stream.

rtx 2080ti x 2
32gb big boy ram
x570
new thread ripper when it comes out
done

>rtx 2080ti x 2
Why do people always forget about the Titan RTX?

>SLI
My fucking face when there are more motherboards that support it than games.

Attached: 288yul3.gif (290x260, 1.86M)

Is that Misato from NGE?
Did they redraw that shit?

> he didn't watch Rebuild of Evangelion

Call up Puget Systems and tell them you want to build the most bad ass fucking monster PC and money is no object.

They'll do you right.

I would be extremely, extremely careful.

I received a five figure sum for an inheritance and within six months it was all gone.

I hope you have a job because I didn't at the time and I was paying rent and bills. Money goes VERY quickly quickly when you have nothing coming in.

My advice to you is not to buy a new computer [not yet anyway] if you have been making do with one which just werks. Just stick it all in a bond or something and have a long think about what you really want to do with it.

Pic related - it's Salvator Rosa's painting relating to how people who aren't used to riches often squander them.

Attached: Salvator_Rosa_(Italian)_-_Allegory_of_Fortune_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg (3031x4610, 3.7M)

>NVLink
>Quad GPU
Pick one

>>DDR
>>More bandwidth at the cost of latency
No thanks

Didn't realize this. How about 3 GPUs?

this is like the worst way to spend your money

NVLink is for two only. Triple and quad had been axed beginning with this generation.

I really don't understand why so many people like this case, it's just so fucking goofy imo.
Whatever floats your boat I guess.

What the hell? What if you win the lottery and want to go all out?

Nice one carlos

I like how you're actually not paying attention to the sane advice in this thread and are continuing on your quest to go and blow you money on a system you don't need. Sure, it's just one present to yourself, right? There won't be any more expenditure after this.

Godspeed, user. All those lottery winners who went bankrupt didn't think the same though, did they.

>hurr durr this one thing you always wanted to do will unfailingly lead you down the path towards perdition because that always happens without fail period trust me I know these things
kys

the man wants to spend his money, let him
say he spends 5k total, and he won 500k
it's really not going to hurt him if he puts the rest to good use
hell even if he won 100k it wont hurt him if he has a job/house/etc

Not him, but I'd definitely compromise instead of doing an overkill build for the sake of it in order to not set a precedent that'll make future excesses easier to coerce yourself into doing.

Attached: 5keG5bzOPA.jpg (650x650, 93K)

The point is that the thinking at the start tends to dictate how the thinking progresses.

If user starts by thinking, "right, how can I invest $X, how can I put some into collateral" etc etc that's great. But to start by thinking, "wow new computorz xDxDxD" is not very promising.

A lottery winner is more likely to file for bankruptcy than a non-lottery winner because they have no idea how to handle their cash. They're unused to handling money in that quantity and they think it's a bottomless put when it's not.

"This paper examines whether giving large cash transfers to financially distressed people causes them to avoid bankruptcy. A comparison of Florida Lottery winners who randomly received $50,000 to $150,000 to small winners indicates that such transfers only postpone bankruptcy rather than prevent it."

mitpressjournals.org/doi/abs/10.1162/REST_a_00114#.VpLMM1J327Q

It's about state of mind. Anyway, good luck to OP.

512 mb ram is all you need

>hurr it's only about the state of mind nothing to do with what kind of people get the money or other factors your doomed durr

why does that image give me a boner

Attached: 1558926481807.png (489x456, 229K)

>70% of winners lose all their money
>a third declare bankruptcy

The facts are out there.

If you come into a large sum of money and don't immediately hire an accountant then you're an idiot who deserves to lose it all

And some do fine. Let's ignore those.

>what are statistics
What makes you so sure OP will be one of the 3/10 lucky ones to keep his money?

Attached: blacklet.png (1218x1015, 934K)

What makes you think he's not? Statistics only tell you what's likely, not what actually is the case for some specific individual like OP.

For general workhorse?
AMD

For gaming?
Intel
don't ever get AMD for gaming

Buy Intel and Amd system then come tell us

Intel+Nvidia is the only sane choice for gaming.

Because more often than not a person you pick will be destined to lose their money, it's literally a greater than 1/2 chance. Fucking hell how are you still not getting this?

nice LARP

Cute wholesome user

I need the full image

>RAM: 6x 8GB ECC DIMMs
the board 3TB of ram (not sure how that is even possible) and you are recommending him 48gb of ram?

dont ma'ke fun of him

Attached: Recovered_jpg_file(21179).jpg (564x943, 48K)

holy fuck this brought back some nostalgia

Attached: 1551904091264.jpg (1000x1000, 230K)

cool case, user

THREADRIPPER

>i got a million bucks to spend
>dude, just wait lmao

Attached: 1549047371173.png (1280x1057, 359K)