Want to put some mp3's on my old iphone 5

>want to put some mp3's on my old iphone 5
>cant just plug it into my pc and simply copy the files into the music folder
>need to install itunes
>itunes does not have a linux version
>there's some hacky files/programs for linux that enables you to spoof itunes sync or some shit
>spend an entire evening trying to compile libraries and finding their dependencies which themselves require dependencies which turns out to be the wrong versions which require more dependencies
>still doesnt work
>might as well borrow my mothers macbook air and move the files over with her itunes
>put my songs on an USB drive
>sit down by her computer but it turns out her macbook air doesnt even have an USB port
>admit defeat and decide to just download spotify on the phone instead
>the app requires a newer version of my phone and i cant install it
>i dont have itunes so i cant update my phone either
>turns out i can install and older version of spotify if i had downloaded it in the past
>i havent
>now i'm officially stuck
why is apple like this? why is it impossible to add music to a fucking iphone?

Attached: file.png (543x404, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_File_Server
makeuseof.com/tag/transfer-music-ipod-computer/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

iTODDLER BTFO

Attached: 1545081813007.gif (520x293, 2.52M)

just buy new phone?

just let me use the phone i already bought?

Buy a new phone it's the apple way

You didn't buy it, you rented it. You bought the license to use it for as long as they wanted you to. You were okay with it back then, because why else would you have bought a locked down device?

>why is apple like this?
Because they want to milk you for as much money as possible. I really do hope it was a rhetorical question.

Exploitation should not exist. If allowed then everybody does it or those who do it kill off competition that doesnt. Then there is no choice. Only bad products.

Used power to become sole survivor. Killed better product designs for consumers because less money there. Everybody follows because cant (survive) make enough money unless start doing the same. Companies make huge profits and everybody else suffers. Cant compete against cheaters/exploitation.

No need to improve when consumers have no choice and product makes ton of money and competition doesnt. Less choice if only exploitative choices exist or are allowes to produce because exploited money blocks competitors or no money in better products.

Nice rant but you had a choice at the time.

Should have said not OP.
Anyway, I dont think OP knew when he bought the product. If there is no real choice, then you really dont have a choice.

Older versions of iTunes work with WINE and WINE also has USB pass through

that's what wou get for using fucking linux. On any other system you just drop your files into iTunes, they sync immediately and you can listen to your music on whatever device you have

Use a VM

You should jailbreak there used to be a cydia tweak I had that let me drag and drop music

Can't you use iFuse, mount the phone then put mp3s onto the phone?

Can you use iPhones without an Apple account?
Are there alternative app stores or something?

I will likely get myself an iPhone if is right and it will come out at a sane size.
However, I don't want homosexuals to record my data and I try to avoid having accounts in general if they can be avoided.

>On any other system you just drop your files into iTunes
But that means using iTunes on a perfectly fine system.
Why would anyone be cruel enough to actually do that? iTunes is the biggest piece of performance draining bloatware ever conceived.

imagine having to use iTunes just because you are too retarded to get a proper phone with MTP support

there aren't any alternative app stores, you are stuck to app store and I'm not sure if you can use them without that ass account, just get galaxy note 10 and use it however you like

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_File_Server
This is what I use when I have to get shit onto an OS that can't fucking connect to jack shit, like Windows 95 or something.

Satania poster GTFO

Attached: Satania Poster BTFO.gif (320x180, 1.13M)

>galaxy note 10
My issue is the size.
iPhone SE is basically the perfect size, maybe even a little on the large side. The Note series is the exact opposite of what I want.

If Apple is the only one to produce a smartphone that actually fits my hand, then it will be the one I'll buy despite my conscience.

>muh size
Just get a Sony Xperia Compact

Had a similar problem OP. I ended up installing winxp in vbox and used the usb passthrough. You can manage the phone with itunes to update it and use a media manager like media monkey to copy albums over. No biggie, good to have something like this setup if you have to deal with dumb shit like iphones and other similar trash whilst using linux.

They aren't produced anymore, asswipe.

Based

The more general point is this: Yes, Apple and iphones and all their other prodcuts blow. The way they have crippled and closed down their devices is near unimaginable. I would never even hesitate to tell any different.

On the other hand we have android devices, in itself a platform so retarded, bloated, slow and dysfunctional it actually is on par with applel by now. There is a big minus in addition: Their usability is crippled beyond imagination, their menus, workflow etc is so unusable...I'm not able to find language here to describe my feelings.

I owned 3 android devices of whom I literally destroyed two in sheer anger. I owned 3 iphones and I always was disgusted at how their close them down. I especially hated to have to use itunes.

Now: Is there a sane way to get around itunes actually? I mean really?!

Attached: 1558007434055.jpg (1024x1024, 110K)

Do this op
Or just hackhackintosh / ndiggerboot into w10ltsc for appleMYPHONEEXPLORER

Seek help

I want someone to buy the Windows Phone IP and source and mix it with Sailfish OS.

WP wasn't perfect, but it's certainly a good base to work from. A standardized environment, instead of either a closed-down system or the wild west.

Why would you lie on the Internet like that?
>using loonix
kek

>MakeAGIF.com

Attached: 1505777541292.jpg (225x225, 10K)

Ummm yes they are, sweetie

what do you expect?
itoddlers don't have the brain to use ffmpeg to make gif/webm.

Attached: iToddlersBTFO.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

They are finally gonna remove itunes as it is, in the new mac os.

Yeah and what does it help when they split it in three apps each the same cancer and most probably equipped with even more restrictive cancer measures? How is it you believe in them making things less fascistic?

>On the other hand we have android devices
Which have no problems as described in this thread. You can simply and easily copy audio files to them from any PC.

>>there's some hacky files/programs for linux that enables you to spoof itunes sync or some shit
You mean Rhythmbox?

Is there a windows client yet? Does it work vice versa? Can I navigate the file system of an iphone copying and pasting a single music file from my iphone to somewhere? Will it still be synch-hell? Or will I be able to engage managing files between my pc and my applel mobile device in a sane way then?

>be freetard moron
>his stupid, obscure OS isn't supported because even a trillion dollar company doesnt have time or the want to cater to neckbeards
>be a fucking retard that can't figure out how to use win 10
>blame apple

the absolute state

>Is there a windows client yet?
Who cares? Windows is for retards.

I for one do care, because I don't own an applel 'computer', but I do have a iphone.

Attached: 1557567229549.jpg (500x500, 68K)

But you have a Windows "computer"? I'm sure there are Urdu forums you could ask on.

please consider applelying for suicide watch.

Okay, wintoddler.

Did you even google it dawg? I’ve used this method in the past, but the file names are trash

makeuseof.com/tag/transfer-music-ipod-computer/

>have a iphone
that makes you an itoddler

Oh no! How could this have happened? If only someone on Jow Forums would have warned about this at least once in the known history of the universe. Then we wouldn't be in this mess.

Attached: 1544301226326.jpg (352x352, 17K)

I do not embrace the company, I am no fan of most of their products. I do own an iphone - I believe it to be superior to what android has to offer. That sums it about up.

Attached: Satania Shot Ded.gif (480x286, 1.71M)