Why do non-US programmers even try?

Why do non-US programmers even try?

Attached: Developer_Salaries_World.png (1049x880, 241K)

For a very simple reason.
non-US programmers have a lot easier time landing a job.
So while US programming prodigies go through 300 job interview just to land a junior position someone from say Eastern Europe can get the same job (with salary adjusted to the region he lives in) without a degree and experience because the demand is just this large.

Everything has it's tradeoffs.

Because they work a few hundred hours less per year

This.

In Europe you can find a IT job literally in a day. Ofc your salary will be mediocre but at least you'll get paid. If you looks harder you can find a good job with above median salary and get paid around 3-4000€ a month after taxes. The big thing why US numbers always are higher is because here in EU all the numbers are actual earnings but for US those numbers are before tax. Same as in the shops in EU you see actual price of product instead of before tax which gets added at the checkout.

Also in Europe you get a month of a year guaranteed holiday.

Because when you adjust for US and Switzerland cost of living, wages aren't much different anymore.

>Why do non-US programmers even try?
Because we get jobs in the US too.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 03.49.35.png (2234x3352, 553K)

Sometimes even more if you includes the days you can take off (usually 15-30 days per year on top of paid vacations)

>"staff" engineer
>121k

>work less
>get paid less
>that's just before-tax income in the USA guys, I swear

Free degree + free healthcare + no student loan to repay.

What do you mean?

>free
>VAT
>free
>8 month wait times and supply shortages
>no student loan
Do you think I'm stupid or do you really believe all of this comes at no actual cost to your life's $$$

>free
>free
Enjoy your 60% taxes to feed Ahmed and his family

Enjoy the billions your pour on mexicans.

Enjoy getting ripped off for internet, health care, housing...
0% tax for big corporations.
Disney land has slave labors surviving on goverment benefits, same for amazon workers, silicon valley...

The fuck are you on ? + Purchasing power is still equivalent in western Europe, despite having lower salaries.

Cope
Europoors will never know the felling of retiring early at 35 from your 300k tech job. Enjoy working until 75 and being poor

>35
Boomer detected

>retiring early at 35 from your 300k tech job

Imagine believing this.

Yep, thank god we have lower taxes, so the little we pay can all go to Israel.

ITT
>"lol, europoors!"
>"fuck you burgerclap, we get free stuff!!"
>"USA! USA! USA! your """free""" stuff aint free (freedom aint free), enjoy getting raped by taxes and overreaching government"
>"shut up mutt, enjoy getting raped by corporations that are in the pockets of politicians!!"

Quality bait, OP.

How many do you think gets there? American dream is a lie.

US and Switzerland cost of living don't compare in the slightest.
The US has some of the lowest cost of living in the western world (generally outside of the coastal areas) but also the highest (in and around wealthy urban centres).
Switzerland is just retarded expensive whether you are in Zurich or some tiny village on the French border.

>Switzerland is just retarded expensive whether you are in Zurich or some tiny village on the French border.

It's bullshit, prices are significantly lower on the french border.

>The US has some of the lowest cost of living in the western world
Not where 100k+ salaries are considered normal. Friendly reminder that the median US salary is less than 60k.

Switzerland is even more expensive than silicon valley in many places
It's a country for jews and old money billionaires

Why does Switzerland keep winning? It's not fair

Attached: sfwnorp.webm (372x252, 2.98M)

frogs spend half the day eating baguettes magiques and the other half on government paid spa trips

the median household income is less 60K
The median job is nowhere near 60k

Right. But still, my point is that areas where 100k+ salaries are "normal", such as bay area or NY or Texas, are places where the cost of living is actually very high. There was another user from SF in a thread last night that complained that even with a 115k salary, he only had around 2-3k per year left for fun and games because the prices of food, commuting, housing etc. are sky high.

even janitors get paid like $4k/month in switzerland, no poor people, no crime
it's heaven on earth

Not really when basic houses start at 1 million
Even with their high salaries most people can't afford this

2-3K a year left, sure, with his new car nice clothes expensive meals fancy well furnished place, matched 401K plus personal savings and assets.

These people will say anything to have more money. Don't ever believe what they put out for others to see.

>be ameridumb
>sign a 90k/year contract
>walk out of the office
>get shot
'murga

>be euro
>come back home from 20k a year coding job
>go to the store
>get beheaded my muhamed

Get fired the next day for being hospitalised, because at-will employments are a real thing in 'murrica.

At least I can afford the medical treatment :^)

As someone who has spend multiple holidays in Switzerland I can gladly tell you it's a retardedly expensive country and even in the middle of nowhere I paid more for groceries, dinner, etc than I do here in Amsterdam.

There's more killings by jihadist in the US than in all of Europe combined. Remember the night club shooter, boston bombings, those jihadis that stormed a US military base, 9/11 etc.

swiss money used to be worth roughly half of what it is now, the exchange rate changed but the prices and salaries remained the same

>at-will employment
The business and thus the work belongs to the owner. Fuck you, you're not legally entitled to a job.
Now with that said 99.99% of people are generous, caring, and don't shit on someone having a hard time. Quite the opposite and often the boss/owner tried their hardest to keep an established employee after an illness/life event.

We're not ruthless evil apes over here. That's just what we want you to think

>The business and thus the work belongs to the owner. Fuck you, you're not legally entitled to a job.

Attached: Trump-US-Israel_Horo-1-1024x640[1].jpg (1024x640, 60K)

If you control your living expenses you can do it. Last year or two I've been making in the 200s in a high COL area on the east coast, my next promotion would put me in this range.

Incl my 401k I have just over 400k saved in cash and investments. I'll have a million before 35, even more at that point. A modest return of 5% (although the market has been doubling this for a while it probably won't persist) on 1.2mill is 60k annually, which is just about the average US household income or a little more. With that I will move somewhere in the US where my dollar goes further, and I will still work, but I could effectively retire if my draw rate was small.

Tl;dr that poster is not wrong.

It's my business, it's my property. The work I do/need done is my work. I choose to employ people.
People don't force me to employ them.

What are you not getting?

If you sign an employment contract you engage in a 2-sided agreement with conditions. You choose to sign this employment contract and as such are obligated to pay your employees even if they are affected by conditions stated in said contract such as illness.
Your business
Your contract
Your obligation

>We're not ruthless evil apes over here.

Attached: 1560965757938.png (253x186, 60K)

Feels good to be swiss

At-will employment is a weird american thing that I will never understand. The point of an employment is to achieve something that is mutually beneficial.

then why do you keep going back if it's so awful?

Ah yes, the obligatory Europe = Sweden comment.

> Purchasing power is still equivalent
I mean, it isn't. I've lived in Northern France/Southwest Germany, and literally everything except housing (which varies from insanely cheap to outrageously expensive) is roughly 25% more there than where I live in the US. IT salaries in France are nearly half of what they are here.
As funny as it is to see euro cope, people with an education and professional skills are far better off in the US by leaps and bounds. Its only if you're at welfare level that it is better, and this comes from living there for 8 years.

Well, I know the VAT system as well as other required EU membership payments/fees/taxes fuck over the least wealthy EU countries and protect the rich ones. It's a complex effect on trade prices and the cost of goods and basically, the EU says "France and Germany own you."

Shit like that is why Americans like low taxes and the Electoral College

US: 90K - social security
EU/CA : 60K + benefits

>be american
>earn 90k/year
>get shot
>become over indebted because the surgery cost 200k$
>blame europoors

Economical stats prove you wrong.

>other required EU membership payments/fees/taxes fuck over the least wealthy EU countries
What the fuck are you talking about, you dumb yokel?

Attached: EUNetContributionCombined.png (1100x850, 22K)

> state I live in is safer than every country in europe but 3.
> make way more than 90k
> what is insurance?
t. euro education

That's a fair trade off no?

It doesn't strike you odd that those numbers just so happen to work out to a perfectly balanced expenditure within margin of error?

> economical stats
Except they don't, at all. Feel free to search the internet to try and debunk this (hint, you won't be able to) since you obviously have no life experience whatsoever
inb4 retarded paris vs nyc tier shit

I'd rather live in my peaceful Irish town and work a mediocore 35K job than live on some "diverse" corporate dystopia.
I already refuse to live in my country's capital, Dublin because there's a million people living there and it has shittons of immigrants, mandatory diversity training at soulless American corps and insane cost of living.
Would never set foot in Shiticon valley.

The part where you say EU: 60k is just a straight up dishonest though. Actually look at the chart. Only 4 countries are 60k+, 3 are incredibly small, and 1 is not even in Europe. Germany+France have many times the population of most of the others and are 39k(less than half) and 50k.

I'm getting more than that in fucking Canada before even getting to senior.

The chart (in OP) doesn't have correct numbers, at least for Norway, which would lead me to assume that it isn't correct for other countries either.

Yeah but you have to live in Canada

no, but once they manage to comprehend what their eyes perceive, Americans will probably be seething at this balanced budget.

Okay, but that's Canada.

in some part of europe, even if you have IT university studies, its almost impossible to get a job and if you finally got it, the salary is near the minimum legally established... such PAINful country

I said that it's Canada because I'd be getting double my salary if it was in US.

If you're in London, apply for this company. 120K starting salary for software engineers.

Attached: blue_logo_transparentPNG.png (600x600, 14K)

>London
Why would anyone move to the capital of acid attacks?

What, you expect billions just disappear somewhere?

Because sadly that's where I grew up...

Supply and demand, my friend

I will run a remote programming outsourcing joint for valley overpaid cucks some day.

Ok, I am a slav nigger. How could I get remote for $600/mo in Scandinavia?

No, this shit is real, but no one is talking about 1000s who have failed.

There are real positions when they code shitty models in numpy and tensorflow and got 300k/year. US is that rich, especially fintech.

>hurr my experience rules over stats

gresearch is not an easy place to get hired lol, it's easier to get hired at google london
you may as well work at jump trading if you're a genius or XTX

Gross the white people distaste face

Don't like those types of companies. Too secretive for my taste.

Don't forget the higher quality of life in general. 50k€ in Germany will propably get you a much more pleasent life than 200k$ in America.

Why are non-Americans comfortable with mediocrity?

Attached: 1554125159036.jpg (548x548, 64K)

>50k€ in Germany will propably get you a much more pleasent life than 200k$ in America.
Big cope. Do euros really believe this?

Attached: 1556033406648.jpg (720x686, 50K)

its always hilarious that euros want to draw attention to the high income regions of europe and then compare that to america as a whole but never want to compare europe as a whole to america as a whole or the regions of america to the regions of europe
guess how it looks when you compare norway to the wealthiest region of america

It's not so hilarious when you consider the fact that Europe is a continent of sovereign states that are only loosely connected through a trade and economic union, while the US is a federation of states.

doesn't really matter. comparing small regions of europe to a country as huge diverse as america in situation is completely retarded. looking at average numbers across the entire nation tells you nothing about the reality of living in each area of america. a software dev's life in the appalachians is completely different from one in seattle. you can compare the average of those two to small european countries but it's completely meaningless. you can compare the smaller regions to each other just fine though. if you want to compare life in seattle to life in oslo that's fine. if you want to compare life in the average of all of america to lichtenstein it shouldn't take more than a single digit IQ to realize it doesn't mean anything at all.

>doesn't really matter. comparing small regions of europe to a country as huge diverse as america in situation is completely retarded
I don't disagree, but I just don't find comparing the US to the EU a fair comparison in any way.

I'd agree that comparing on state or city level to individual countries would make more sense than comparing the whole thing to the whole thing.

high enough iq to realize oneself's mediocrity rather than larping a movie hero with you vs the whole world

Over half the american population is literally one medical emergency away from bankruptcy.

Most don't have over 1k in the bank.

I agree that comparing all of europe to the usa doesn't make any sense, I only bring that up because europeans seem to understand that fact quite instinctively and don't want the poor parts of europe lumped in with the wealthy northwestern parts, but at the same time don't understand that comparing switzerland to all of america also makes absolutely zero sense and are often very eager to point out how much better norway is than all of america's average at some metric

I think we can both agree that people on Jow Forums are generally disingenuous. That's the downside of anonymous arguments (but I wouldn't have it any other way though).

While the second assertion is utter bullshit, the first one is quite correct. Any kind of emergency could ruin an average Joe.

Tech workers usually are covered.

It depends on the illness, I think? Doesn't most health insurances come with an upper cap? What if I get some kind of chronic disease that I'll have for the rest of my life?

Guess what faggot, I actually live in Switzerland and I was born and raised here. You're talking out of your ass. Shut the fuck up.

>What if I get some kind of chronic disease that I'll have for the rest of my life?
Don't know 'bout 'merica but here in Norway my life insurance covers that.

what he probably doesn't realize is that in switzerland your income is also much higher, it's only an expensive place to visit not an expensive place to live

> says "stats" again
> literally can't provide any
t. euro education,

Nei, livforsikringen din dekker om du dor, ikke at du blir syk.