What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Attached: windowsvista.jpg (1200x800, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/m2e4W8-Paqk
youtube.com/watch?v=dE-YM_3YBm0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>System requirements too high for the underpowered hardware of the time.
>Prompts for everything.

>RAM

It wasn't as backward compatible with older hardware like XP was. By the time manufactures thought about making drivers, Windows 7 was announced.

because six, seven ate

Shitty OEMs sabotaging it with garbage hardware.

Aero made it slow on many computers. Like ME, drivers were slow to come. UAC was a pain in the arse, you would constantly be prompted to authorise basic operations.

Based

This.

Also, from an adoption point of view, MS left it too long between XP and Vista so people found it hard to care or see why they should upgrade. XP was doing a fucking awesome job, so the average man on the street didn't see the need the change.

People upgraded to Vista on horribly old single core computers expecting it to run just as smoothly as their old operating system, also people were too dumb to turn UAC off.

Literally nothing except it was ahead of its time and hardware needed to catch up. When they re-released it as Windows 7, everybody lost their shit because it was so good.

don't forget manufacturer pressuring MS to drop system requirements to 512MB.

As shitty as MS is, OEMs and lazy driver developers have 90% of the blame for windows issues over the last 25 years. Most BSOD come from faulty drivers or hardware, not windows. WHQL was supposed to solve one half of that.

>mfw Vista was intentionally made inferior to XP to sell Windows 7.

Attached: 1554508940656.jpg (820x806, 223K)

Bill Gates.

Pentium 4 with 512 mb was the average computer when vista released. Let that sink in

Interface looks like it was created for a retard that loves ipads

The drivers weren't ready at launch and Windows software and security ecology wasn't ready for "Limited User Account" environment.

Vista was perfectly fine once SP1 rolled around but the damaged was done. Microsoft just tweak Vista further and it was launched as "Windows 7". The drivers and software/security ecology were finally ready.

Windows 7 got a much better reception as a result.

It's proprietary, it's malware, it uses NTFS.

Really high sysreqs. You had XP machines with like 512MB RAM, 40GB disk, and some mediocre P4 CPU getting loaded with Vista and immediately fucking choking on it.
In fact, I saw a lot of machines with fairly better specs than that getting absolutely fuck-dicked by Vista.
The driver situation was pretty bad too.

This and OEM driverrs being shit.

The users were wrong.

These two actually right

shitty oems
that's literally it, they tried to cram vista on xp level hardware

what the fuck does that sink want it keeps coming here every fucking day

when 8 came out i got my old vista machine out of storage and put it on there the difference in performance was insane and it only had 2gb ram

It ran fine on modern computers of the time, like a pentium 4 with a gpu that actually supported pixel shader 2. in 2006. The problem is people like my dad didn't look at or understand the requirements, so he installed it on a 700 mhz celeron from 1997 with 512mb ram and then complained about how slow it was compared to xp.

They didn't use this

youtu.be/m2e4W8-Paqk

Nothing, I enjoyed it.

Attached: 1457983467811.png (196x197, 34K)

Marketing, they renamed it to Win7 and suddenly everyone loved and praised it.

Tranny.

Novideo drivers
youtube.com/watch?v=dE-YM_3YBm0

projecting

This. I don't even think they used .icon for their icons, but fucking .png