>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
drop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last:

Attached: 9009kb_9.jpg (1920x1040, 248K)

Other urls found in this thread:

webonastick.com/fonts/routed-gothic/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone else going to get a board with their wife on it?

Attached: 1532278953917.png (1313x713, 1007K)

I doubt my wife would enjoy being stuck on a keyboard.

On the bottom of one at that

yo, are anne pros any good or should i just get a 60% ducky?

What's a board to rival with a Thinkpad Bluetooth keyboard (wireless, with trackpoint and 3 buttons)?

that's a very pretty keyboard

the only ones I know of with a trackpoint are wired, the tex yoda (and one other tex model) and one of the unicomp keyboard (buckling spring like the model m) but it only has 2 buttons (maybe a middle click functionality when you press them both like on a laptop idk)

I think a bluetooth model of the tex yoda was in the works but I don't know if it's a thing or is going to be a thing anytime soon
so your options are limited
also the tex yoda is expensive as fuck

I've been thinking of trying to hack together a small trackball/trackpoint for on my split keyboard but I have to wait for my 3d printer to arrive first

Need some help / advice.

Considering getting a GMMK TKL. Should I?
Where can I get Gateron Yellows in the EU?
Any other linear switch recommendations?

How much would a 75% ISO board cost me?

You need patented lelnopo technology for the authentic trackpoint feel though.

I own two of these. Did I do good?

Attached: IMG_20190618_153346.jpg (4608x2112, 3.12M)

They're fine, get kailh box whites if you want clickies or gateron linears / browns if that's what you prefer

I'd go for a ducky, safe choice plus you don't get that faggy font you see on most chink boards

Isn't that just a standard rubberdome board?

buy switches off aliexpress or kbdfans.cn
they'll run you about 20c/piece
kbdfans is probably the fastest and cheapest (in my experience anyway, always gotten my orders within like 10 days and I'm in NL)
about 25usd total for 100 switches

candykeys.com (based in Germany) has the vortexgear 75% for about €150 (plus about 10 bucks shipping)
they only come with cherry switches

lubed gateron linears are my go to personally, mostly cause they're cheap as shit, not much stem wobble and they're smooth (when you lube them)
but kailh box style linears should be good too
imo the most important thing about linears is that you lube them

the gmmk might be 'ok', but you can get gaymer tkl shit for much less (though they usually don't come with as many switch options)

Cheap office rubberdome that came with thinkcentres last decade. Nothing out of the ordinary.

kbdfans isn't the absolute cheapest iirc, but it's the trade-off you get for more reliability and better shipping options

We have these still at my Domino's store. They don't really feel particularly noteworthy.

Also, they're pretty good if you get a defective product. My caps had a few broken stems and they sent me over a new set. Didn't even ask for the old ones back, so now I have two pair of those Japanese caps.

I recently bought a GMMK TKL and I think it's fine. Some people here have comained about the floating look which I'm alright with, and I think someone said it's "hollow" or something, but I honestly haven't had any issues with it at all. It might be like how an audiophile only realizes how bad regular headphones sound after having used very expensive equipment, but if you've never used it then you think everything sounds fine.

Biggest reason I got it is that it's hotswap though.

what's a good tester to buy for someone just starting out
I'd rather not to but don't really know where to look for a store in flipland that has one to be tested by customers

that KBDfans one with 130 switches

Hey, check it out. This guy at a Tokyo meet up made his own 3-D printed key caps.
Cool, huh?

Attached: A3D2DDD8-E298-4BA0-9F96-A39E14971EF7.jpg (2732x1506, 2.74M)

I used to love kbdfans, but now they're all into those mini 60% layered garbage like all other websites. They used to not cater to that market.

>just starting out
>$52

can't really blame them, the soibois love paying more for less. it's all the rage.

Greetings from Germany. I would recommend that you buy the GMMK directly off the GMMK website and have them mail it to you in Europe. I did not have to go to the customs department to pay a surcharge for my GMMK. It just arrived at my postal address.

Post-it profile keycaps!

>don't really know where to look for a store in flipland that has one to be tested by customers
Gilmore, most stores have keyboards laid out for testing and most will allow you to try the keyboard first before buying it
Rakk from easypc is also a good option if you're on a tight budget, good warranty the PCB is kinda meh but really not that bad, just go to your nearest easypc branch so you can try them personally

Looks like garbage. Still better than artisan shit tho.

Yeah, maybe if the sidewalls were thick enough, then you could sand them down to make them smoother.
I think they look like tiny ziggurats but yeah, Post-it Notes is another good guess.

forgot to add
>$52
>only for a tester
Oh yeah, forgot about that place. Will try to go there next weekend.

hey several of the meme switches in that tester cost $1 each. 50 bucks is actually a good price for it

I just ordered a basic 16 switches tester.
Red, blue, brown and black from 4 manufacturers.
Should cover it for beginners.

Though I wish the shop made a tactile-only version, I don't think I'll like linear switches.

I do prefer getting a thing one and done; although, it seems like a waste if I only use it to base one purchase on.

Are there some mechanical keyboards out there which have Ctrl closer to the spacebar like pic related (without remapping, of course)?

Attached: symbolics2.jpg (1024x768, 167K)

If you don't wanna spend any money go to a reddit or geekhack meetup there you can find keyboards with basically every switch you can get

Attached: 20180616_145112.jpg (4032x3024, 3.59M)

Those box switches are fucking expensive.

If you bottom out using linears, then they are really nice too. Who needs a tactile bump or an audible click when letting the key hit the bottom of its travel provides both?

But I heard bottoming out is bad?
But I've been bottoming out on rubber membranes all my life anyway.

what does Jow Forums think about optoelectronic switches?

People used to bottom out all the time when mechanical typewriters were a thing. It was called "striking the piece of paper with a metal bar by using the strength in your fingers".
I don't think people worried about bottoming out back in the day. It is probably still fine.

So long as it has a Cherry MX mount, then go for it. Otherwise, you are going to be so limited in your choice of keycaps.

swap capslock with ctrl
problem solved

I have an RK-9000RE (RoseWill with Reds) that is toast. Anything I can do it beside junk it?

You could get a keycap puller and pull off the keycaps.
You could take the case off and then desolder the switches.

>I don't think people worried about bottoming out back in the day
you guys can actually notice on how you pressed a key? I think that's just borderline autism
I and just about any normal person just type whatever the fuck we want and never really care about it at all, it should be subconscious

what's a good £50 mechanical keyboard
I want to get into them but don't want to spend an inordinate amount on one at first

Was looking at the gigabyte one its supposed to use the same switches as wooting only no stepping just one predefined actuation point but saw a lot of negative shit about them breaking

Anne pro

And then do what?

What's the cheapest split ergo keyboard to play around with, what's peoples first impressions coming from the traditional keyboards?

Are they just a giant meme? pls respond

Attached: 1549574748380.jpg (425x425, 17K)

>And then do what?
clean them and lube them, buy a pcb and case
grats! you now have a custom keyboard, plus got the experience of building one
or maybe store them so you have some spares lying around

Is the drop CTRL keyboard a meme?

yes

Takes awhile to get used to, but eventually you get used to it and realize the difference between this and a traditional isnt big

Maybe you like the original key caps more than the key caps on your new keyboard. In that case, you can swap them out.
As for the switches, I was thinking that you could keep them around as spares.

What one did you get? ergodox seems like the go to but quite pricey, any chink ones about?

Disturbingly, I learned that I actually enjoyed using an ergo split at a local meet up that was hooked up to an android phone so you could actually see if you were typing decently or not. But I have so many full-sized standard keyboards that I'm not willing to get into it. Unless I develop musculoskeletal problems that require the use of a split ergo, I'll stick with the standards for now.

I am so mad I missed out on the 9009 topre set. That on one of the new realforce r2 would be absolute kino.

Attached: again.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

Buying an ErgoDox.
Are browns good for developing / light gaming?
Are kailh still trash?

>Are they just a giant meme? pls respond
if you have two 60% keyboards or smaller, you can kinda emulate that by putting one on each side, remove some of the keycaps so you lower the chance of accidentally pressing them

Attached: 1524157042410.png (2753x2718, 556K)

Kailh Box clickbars are good, everything else they make is trash

seen that last thread, looks crazy.

That's quite a big brain you have there.

Attached: 1534749630467.webm (180x240, 185K)

At least they offer affordable(-ish) options for almost every size, and not just 60%. I mean they also have full metal 65%, 75%, TKL and 1800 kits, just not the same amount of options as 60% because those other layouts are nowhere near as popular in the DIY scene.

>actual product showcase picture

Attached: 1546698371112.jpg (1023x859, 88K)

finally I can type with a cockring

What typeface do you want on your caps?
Blank autists need not apply

Attached: 1829px-Univers_sample_2015.png (1829x2160, 352K)

>ergonomics
spend money on pic related instead.

Attached: Adjustable tilt keyboard tray.jpg (333x500, 19K)

Is learning to type with hands floating on the keyboard instead of resting your palm on the desk really worth it ?

Cherry

Attached: Cherry Font.png (4410x780, 134K)

>Tiny mouse area
>No space for wrist rest

>wrist rest

Attached: iag.png (950x1050, 905K)

It's better for you in the long run if you do a lot of typing.

It's for work, confined to my cagie, no space for kino shit

>carpal tunnel

Attached: 1539250112902.gif (480x271, 2.05M)

yes wrist rests cause carpal tunnel syndrome

You don't need a wrist rest for low profile stuff.

Although they're named wrist rests, you're supposed to use them as palm support instead to minimize wrist extension.

when typing your supposed to hover your hand over the keyboard. if you want support get an arm rest

When typing you're actually supposed to tuck your dick in between your legs for optimal posture. Also you need to wear gunners to protect your eyes, have a treadmil desk and have a head angle no more than 82.45% to your body.

If you're not doing that then you're just wrong and should consider suicide.

Attached: 1548602977430.png (3388x3638, 326K)

> What Font is used on Signature Plastics’ standard keycaps? Signature Plastics’ font is somewhat unique but is very similar to Arial or Helvetica. It’s origin dates back to the 1970’s when IBM set the standard for double shot keycaps and legend plates were produced using a Gorton engraving machine. To offer a unique look, Signature’s original company, Comptec, modified the font slightly. Thus the font became known as Gorton Modified and was used to produce millions of keycaps for years for keyboard companies like Wyse, Wang, Oak Industries, Maxi Switch, Beehive and Honeywell, among others.

>your supposed to hover your hand over the keyboard
how the fuck do you even type? wrist wrests literally forces your hands to hover, so it's almost on the same level as your keyboard

>forgetting the most important part
everyone knows with proper typing you're supposed to wear fingerless gloves

>wrist wrests literally forces your hands to hover
no it doesn't, it forces you to angle your hands which is bad

Attached: 4-typing2.png (5268x1558, 1.08M)

it's very ugly. I don't know why people like it. It is basically a normie mech board that people bought because they watched some youtuber and fell for the meme

>it forces you to angle your hands which is bad
how does that forces your hand to angle? it literally forces your hand placement to do the "correct" posture that you just posted

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (800x800, 90K)

>putting pressure on your wrists
do you want carpal tunnel?

Attached: acbll.png (326x277, 80K)

>$180 for pcb and case
Yeah, no.

What a faggot.

RK61. anne pro 2 is like 60-120 depending on where you buy and what options. RK61 is basically the same but with abs keys and kailhs instead of gaterons.

My gmmk tkl is a first gen, apparently they made a second. I found brown switches to sound hollow and plastic-y, them changed them out to zealencios and it felt better than anything else I've used, probably due to the in switch dampening

Does RK61 have the same retarded Fn toggle like the CK62?

I'm looking for a somewhat compact (96 or below, preferably below) lefthanded numpad layout. Anything that doesn't require hoping someone wants to sell theirs, doesn't require a reddithack account, and isn't $200+ before shipping? Hotswap or kit options are a plus since I don't want to desolder before throwing my own switches in

just get a 75% (60% but with f keys) and a separate numpad.

If you want to avoid giving yourself CTS, yes.

If you want an older look:
>webonastick.com/fonts/routed-gothic/
You can see routed-style fonts in some of the pics in this thread. Such as and

Attached: routed_gothic-2.jpg (960x540, 43K)