Actually has expansion slots

>actually has expansion slots
>isn't gigantic

mATX is the best size but is dying off. Why?

Attached: 94vurvcamu531.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=7a484e9707d23bc2fe1cd3c623df3a263b2573fb.jpg (1024x577, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NshXgisNly4
anandtech.com/show/14502/asrock-x570-pro4-and-x570m-pro4-motherboards-more-for-professionals
lmgtfy.com/?q=mineral oil pc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because "gamers" want their shitty full-size builds with only one drive and GPU. You can easily fit those in a mITX case, but no, you got to have "le monster gamerz build xD" with RGB lights, windows and all that gay fagshit.

Because ITX exists. I kind of regret getting mATX

Fuck off normie, mITX is cool now

Because 99% have the space for a normal sized case

(OP) #
Cuz only zoyfags want to have small things

>matx
>8x SATA
show me an matx case with 8 slots for drives

Real answer: it's the useless middle child. With an ATX build you have space for all kinds of expansion, drives, elaborate cooling and whatnot. If you want your build to take up only the space it absolutely needs to, there's ITX.

I'm getting the ITX one from ASRock with full bandwidth thunderbolt so I can do a Linus style build and not give two shits about noise.

What are you really going to use that third slot for?

Attached: E112B790-9E02-4639-9163-D62EE4CB5A5F.jpg (1086x656, 195K)

I love mITX and am typing this on a mITX.
But it seems like if it just had a few more bits for expansion, it'd be perfect.

It doesn't need to be the size of a shoebox.

What sort of build do you mean?

>What sort of build do you mean?
The one where you just thunderbolt away the actual computer to some other room.

at least you can use it, unlike the lower one on that DTX board.

>4 sata ports
Yeah nah.

Looks like it says 8 to me on the specs to the side.

Just to expand. Something like this.
youtu.be/NshXgisNly4

It says 6, please find me an mATX mobo with 8 sata ports, I can and will accept if two are 3rd party.

This plastic shroud shit on motherboards has gotten way out of hand.
You're lucky if you don't have to take them off to fit it in the case or plug your connectors in.

Can you get mATX with full ATX sound chips these days? It's always been one of the ways they save costs.

Before mITX starts being competitive in price, mATX isn't going anywhere.

mATX is done.

Attached: file.png (813x145, 18K)

Is that a fan?

hhaHAHAHHAHHAHHAH HOHN ONONONON HAHAHHAHAHA

Attached: btfo.gif (500x491, 376K)

>When you're a basedboy mini cuck with a shoebox case you get the itx
>When you aren't you gem EATX

Just two slots is neither here nor there.
If you're only going to use 1 gpu might as well go itx.

If you want a couple expansions, raid cards, sound cards, wifi/networ adapters and what not yoy just get atx

>put in 8 sata SSDs
>tape them together
>tape the blob of SSDs to the side of the case or just wherever the fuck you want to
Forget your damn spinning rust, gramps

It's still the best for tight bugdet build

Overpriced.

It says six, besides you CAN CLEARLY SEE 3 BANKS, and the chances of them being banks of three (for a total of nine ports) are basically zero.

Enjoy your latency.

>clearly

Attached: file.png (1165x445, 399K)

Yep, that's a 6. And here is "CLEARLY" 3 banks.

Attached: blindcunts.png (394x450, 199K)

What latency? It's plugged straight into the hub.

>stretching a long cable into a hub which splits into hdmi and some USB
>expecting no added latency
Sure thing, buddy. Hope you don't expect hdr, full RGB, 144hz, etc, to work flawlessly as well.

This.

Attached: 1401307171795.jpg (251x242, 12K)

is that a fucking fan?

AMDrones explain yourselves right now

It says "M.2. Armor" on it, idiot. Open your eyes.
It's a heatsink for M.2. drives, which are known to get quite hot.

Poor quality bail

The 570 boards have fans becausse of PCI4

its the beep speaker you stupid intelaviv

Actually mATX has the perfect number of expansions for me. mITX would have too few slots (is there any mITX with more than two slots?)
>sound card
>network card
>video card
I'd like a new motheboard standard with more expansion slots and less built-in ports (no need for shitty realtek audio and network cards).

>sound card
>2019

>what is a SATA to M.2 adapter

>buys budget mATX board
>complains it has a budget sound chip
The real problem with mATX is the cost cutting to keep them below ATX price. It's a crying shame.

Sometimes counting can be hard eh?

Attached: six(6) sata ports.png (768x614, 306K)

Holy shit

>sound card
>network card
The 90's are over, gramps.

The onboard audio is still fucking shit and you either get a coundcard or a DAC which is the fuckig same.

Just because everyone eats shit and praises it doesn't mean I should.

>2 pciex16
>0 pci
Miss me with this gay shit

>buy a premium motherboard with a good sound chip
>time to replace it
>throw perfectly fine sound card into the trash
You must like wasting money. Also, bundling it with the motherboard so you have to replace fucking everything when something goes bad is a great idea.

I want it to be the size of a shoebox though. No wasted space.

>>network card
>The 90's are over, gramps.
Sometimes you just want additional Ethernet ports, or want to get some 10G equipment.
Wifi cards count too.

I'll agree that sound cards are pointless though, and are outclassed by external DACs.

>not using a DAC

Attached: 1559972703026.jpg (167x252, 18K)

m.2 must be shared with x4 sata ports
it is a good board tho. you wont regret it

But my sound card does convert digital signal to analog signal, what do you mean?

>sound cards are outclassed by external DACs
Why is that? Couldn't someone just take an external DAC and put it on a PCIe card? Are the components too big?

>isn't gigantic
Why does it matter? Do you not have another three inches in height to spare under your desk?

An external DAC has no interference problems.

Audiophiles have interference paranoia about internal cards. Also you can pair external units with a greater variety of source devices, and in case of DAC/amp combos have easier access to the output options. Imagine having to plug your headphones into the back of your computer every time.

Fite me, faggot

Attached: E0B022B6-AC08-46F1-9E80-F80DF9AB7C73.jpg (4032x3024, 2.14M)

It could be getting to the point of audiophile memery, but you'd want to keep your audio components far away from the electrically noisy environment that is a computer.
Even without that, they're just as reasonably priced, work 100% as reliably (which can't be said about things like external network adapters), allows you to plug your headphones in a more convenient place, and allow more flexibility as you can also plug it into things like laptops.

µATX is bae, bless AsRock for making a good µATX board
they all use the same unless its some gaymer board
a fan that wont spin until you raid 2 pcie 4.0 ssd's

I too like mATX but in time I suppose the network card will no longer be essential and I can switch to mITX.

what do you need a network card for it? you get gigabit lan on pretty much any modern board

looks like an 8 to me desu

Attached: 8sata.png (1615x1080, 1.89M)

Neither does my xonar DX.

Onboard audio can pick up fuckloads of noise from the rest of the system.

A pci soundcard has no noise what so fucking ever, perfect quiet in the headphones.

I need 10 gbps or better to my NAS for video editing. Cheap mellanox cards were the lowest cost and it works fine.

These faggots have or had an old laptop with piss poor onboard audio or their desktop PC has bad grounding, cheap components and/or poor cable management. They are however, correct, sometimes. Usually they are just finding it as an easier/cheaper way to fix a problem and other times, they're saying whatever they can to get you to buy shit from their Amazon affiliation link. I wouldn't bother unless you have similar issues with your onboard or your amp/speakers/headphones cost as much or more than your PC.

Yeah, maybe.
And possibly shows 2 more ports.

8 Sata on an mATX board has me curious enough that I need to look into its specs more seriously as it might be a contender despite my lack of experience with Asrock in general. Not hate, just never had anything from them.

>possibly
Wow. Just wow.

The X470 Asrock rack mobo is be

Where are you even supposed to put the RAID controller, first two slots you'd use for GPUs but after that?
How about 10GbE?

theres no point in matx when video cards are taking up 3 slots now. you'll need an atx case regardless so you might as well get an atx board. you can also do an itx build but you will have ridiculously bad airflow.

WREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE t. tiny chipset fan

ATX and mATX are dying because the overwhelming majority of custom PC enthusiasts never use more than one PCI-e slot or more than 2 storage drives.

>he actually thinks this fan will run at any noteworthy RPM

To be fair I can't see shit in these pics. Let me google the AssCock X570 oh wait, same shitty pics.

anandtech.com/show/14502/asrock-x570-pro4-and-x570m-pro4-motherboards-more-for-professionals

Control + F "SATA"

The space between first x16 and x4 seems 2-slot GPU wide

>thinks he’s hot shit
t. mATX

Attached: 1E015918-6943-4193-91D4-D46432B0AA8F.jpg (4032x3024, 3.26M)

Attached: GLUB.png (1136x640, 616K)

Not X570 rart

Attached: X470D4U-1(L)[1].jpg (1200x1000, 548K)

Thanks!

So other than two extra sata ports and likely unused SLI, can anyone suggest why this is worth waiting for and paying a premium for over a B450?

>fan dies
>overheats
>kills your cpu and mobo

Isn't that oil expensive as shit?

its water bro

Wow, liking the non gamur shit! Hopefully they stripped the RGB out of the price! Where can I buy that board in ausfagland and can I still throw it in a normal case that includes movable standoffs?

Yeah right.

Please put the whole build inside a larger aquarium with real fish.

its mineral oil

lmgtfy.com/?q=mineral oil pc

works on my machine

i think i payed $180 for 10 gallons
tank was $8 at a goodwill, acrylic was $40
its water bro

It works because the parts are already non-functional

>oil cooled PC
>water cooled PC
Nope, you have FANS bro, your PC is AIR COOLED! Come back when the oil is enough to cool the PC with the radiators in passive mode. Until then, your PC is fan cooled.

I thought you aren't supposed to put RAID controller anywhere.

It's saltwater.

More likely diluted drain cleaner

>he thinks those fans do anything

Attached: 5FC30D11-607B-4E52-A206-4E7D1D28D995.jpg (4032x3024, 2.95M)

(You)

Attached: X470D4U2-2T-1(L)[1].jpg (1200x1000, 498K)

>rocks match his GPU
Oily rice.

Any mATX case with 4 3.5" slots can fit 8 SSDs.
There is space in the rear to add SSDs too you know.

Nah, radiator fluid.

So all this time, non faggoty boards have been available for adults? I hope these aren't priced stupid or not available in AU.