Bose

Honest thoughts on them

Attached: 71Vayxd+baL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 18K)

Inb4 retards Go telling you to buy Stax

In every airport of the world youre gonna see several people using them

I bought a Sony h900n for like 110$ 2 days ago. Was it a good deal? I just needed noise cancelling more than anything.

Sony XM3 are slightly better for noise cancelling and a lot better for music. The Bose are better for phone calls.

If you get the XM3, don't update their firmware. There's nothing but complaints about it online.

I think secretly lawmakers forced them to nerf anc. It's sad for people who just use it in the office, that you have to now turn up the music how so that Stacy can't be heard. You can blame Jamal, who can't look both ways before crossing the street.

Op, bose are fine and comfortable. Sony does have better anc even after the nerf.

Other anc headphones shit on both of them for sound quality. Go to best up and try them both out.

I would get the sony counterpart since I like the logo better

Didn't some faggot kill himself because his Bose headphones gave him tinnitus ?

kek, was it the active noise cancelling?

Own a pair and love them. I've used my QC35s consecutively for what I believe is around two years, 15 hours a day and the battery will last you for about 20m. They're incredibly lightweight and comfortable, so at no point of wearing them will you feel like you're wearing a pair. The noise-cancelling is decent, you can barely make out what people are saying if they're almost adjacent to you. Aside from this, the headphones have an almost non-existent bass, so there's that.

20h not 20m

>and a lot better for music
i honestly dont get why everyone touts the sonys sound quality. they sound like cheap bassy garbage cans. the boses are unironically far more neutral and balanced.

Apple of headphones.

"No highs no lows, it must be Bose"

Seriously though, they're ok, they do soften quite noticibly on the treble end. There are better options at that price point for sound, but for noise cancellation they're still kings

Never used any bose, have read that the noise-cancelation is second-to-none.

Chad likes them, but their only market is convenience and certainly not any kind of premium sound. They're for office and commuting use, not to make a point that you like music or have any standards in fidelity.
We autists hate those because they're the polar opposite of our priorities.

Ive heard the the new sony noise cancellation blows them out of the water.

Expensive, but generally speaking worth the price imo.
When you buy a Bose product you pretty much always know you're getting what you're paying for.

enjoying mine 8-10 hours every day and have done so for the past year.
you can barely see I've used them

I've had a pair of qc15's for like 4 years and they're great. The earpads have ripped like twice but other than that I love em

this...
got mine as I travel a bunch for work...just did a 13hr flight plus a couple hours either side with no need to recharge...no discomfort...no hot ears...they are perfect

>ride in aeroplanes
sure
>don't ride in aeroplanes
bass only, sound extra

I mean...they are great in all environments in my experience...
...I'm got going to get audiophile quality sound but they are wireless, comfy and create a nice atmosphere...

You've read wrong, anc is objectively tested and Sony wins even if one by a few dB.

Every 3 dB means a doubling of intensity so if Sony wins by 2db, it's extremely noticeable.

Bose for comfort. Everything goes else is good enough but not best.

I'm planning on replacing my on ear Bluetooth headphones with the QC35, I value the comfort higher than the sound quality when it comes to wireless headphones as long as the sound isn't absolute dogshit, and from what I've read they're the kings when it comes to comfort.

They also have easily replaceable earpads so you don't have to spend $300 on a new pair of headphones if/when the earpads wear out.

I was looking at Sonys offering but I've read that they clamp too hard on your head if you have a big head and that the build quality on the Sonys are worse.

I haven't tried newer ones, but the v1 fullsize SoundTrues are very comfortable to wear, such that I spent $75 on a pair when I usually draw the line at $20.

Attached: Bose-Sound-True-Around-Ear-HeadPhone-626238-0020-White_2425625_83d1700d5265fd822d76dc5b24196d66_t.jp (578x320, 33K)

Because the Bose don't have a soundstage. They put everything at the center of your head.

They both don't sound that great. As far as sound quality goes I'd say the Bose sound like 60$ headphones and the Sony like 160$ ones.

well, which sony model?

very good noise cancelling
ive owned quiet comfort 35 for a few years now
10/10

Pretty bad. Not utter dogshit, but definitely not good. They are pretty comfy though. Just get a nice pair of IEMs and a pack of comply tips and the music will sound much better and you'll have practically perfect isolation, better than active noise canceling.
There's no point for any other of their non-noise canceling products, they're all overpriced and don't sound very good. IEMs for on the go, and a pair of sennheisers/beyerdynamics/audio technicas for at home.

exceptional sound cancellation, exceptionally mediocre sound quality
perfect airplane cans

presumably the wh-1000xm3

Really comfy. I can wear them all day long.

the sony are technically superior in terms of drivers and amplification but the tuning is shit with a heavy emphasis on bass

they are pretty useful if you live in a noisy apartment especially when trying to do work

>Recommending wired IEMs for people looking at wireless over ear noise cancelling headphones
Protip: People who buy these products don't have sound quality as their #1 priority

Shit. Go by Stax and listen to them in the shower.

>They're for office and commuting use
I can confirm in the office the anc on 1000xm3 is so good they could not even play music and be worth the pricetag, in any kind of noisy environment anc is just a godsend.

Sony has better noise cancelling and audio quality.
Bose is more comfy.
If you wear them for an hour on your commute, get the Sony, if you wear them for 8 hours on a long flights or a whole days at the office, get Bose.

sony has too much bass

I have a pair. Best purchase I have ever made. I can turn them on and just listen to music or whatever and zone the world out. Connects with my macbook, my fire tv stick, phone, even worked plugged into my ps4 (with the cord noise canceling still works.) If you don't have some, get them. Well worth the 350$ price

Shit.

>I love Sony/sennheiser niggershit mudbass

>missing the point of the ANC

Tried them for a few days. They're ok. Sound is nothing special but it's ok. noise cancelling is decent but I kinda dislike using it without music because you get a strange "pressure" in your ears. I suppose you can get used to it. They're pretty comfortable.
They have a noticeable audio delay btw. (~400ms) so no playing counter strike with em.

They make excellent aviation headsets. Don't bother with their consumer stuff.

Sonys sound alright if you turn off the bullshit bass boost and whatever other dumb sound processing shit some of them have. (It might require using their smartphone app, which is kind of a hassle.) One way or another I care way more about the ANC in situations where I need it, and IMO ANC headphones are a lot like gaming headsets, none of them sound that great and even a $300 pair only sounds as good as a $100 pair of normal studio cans at best.

>Other anc headphones shit on both of them for sound quality. Go to best up and try them both out.
name these others you stroke posting faggot