Ubuntu >>>>>>>>> Arch

Prove me wrong

Attached: comfy_ubuntu.jpg (1000x922, 166K)

RIP 32-bit support

none of what the arch guy is saying is wrong at all
building something yourself is always far superior to something you can buy even if the other thing is "better", hard work is the best feel!

Ubuntu guy doesn't know how any of it works or therefore how to fix

based

Not true, using a "it just werks" distro doesn't mean you don't know how to fix it

most depressing fact about you is that you're not even memeing
pathetic

Honestly the only reason I don't use Ubuntu is because people on the internet will mock me, and call me stupid. So I do it the hard way, and prove them wrong.

Yeah after many distro hopping you realize that the goal of an OS is to allow you to do what you need in the most efficient way and without getting in your way. Therefore distro like Ubuntu or Debian are what most long time Linux users end up using because it's quite minimal (in the case of Debian) yet easy to use and works out of the box.

arent there better distros than ubuntu now though? like manjaro or that other one

Parabola is where its at it u want 100% free software

>Ubuntu update notification
>click it off
>notification comes up again
>click it off
>select 'never automatically update'
>notification comes back
>internet goes slow
>wtf
>"450MB have been downloaded, please restart to complete update"

This is when I permanently left Ubuntu.

I can't prove you wrong when you speak the truth.

I use arch but the lack of an installer is so fucking stupid. It even used to have an installer which people have apparently forgotten, the devs just stopped maintaining it because "we're too lazy." They spun them being too lazy into some high minded philosophical ideal about how it's really better that they don't have an installer and everybody should just do it themselves, wasting hundreds of thousands of hours of total user time to save the devs a couple hours.

>Lying on the internet

Since 17.10 Ubuntu forces updates.

Xubuntu does not.

Anything based on Arch will eventually break just by updating
OpenSUSE and Fedora are the Distros with the best ootb experience and low maintenance required

arch isn't hard to install and has no bloat

cope, I use gentoo but critical machines get ubuntu or fedora and I know this shit to the bones.
You archtards are just larpers who don't even know how to wipe your asses

OP here, for me the best Ubuntu-based distro is Lubuntu before LXQT. It has eberything software you need yet it's lightweight and works OOB on everything I've tried it on

>manjaro
>better than ubuntu
what a subhuman

Gentoo is better than both anyway.

Come on, compiling everything yourself is good if you want to learn more about how Linux works or if you have really old hardware not you want to set up an efficient and stable working environment quickly.

Isn't Manjaro to Arch what Ubuntu is to Debian?

Basically yes, it's a quick way to have a working desktop environment (at least for Ubuntu/Debian I've never used Manjaro/Arch but I know that the idea is the same)

Untrue. Just werks distros break all the time. Fuck, even windows and osx do. You learn how to fix them by fixing them.

>Before LXQT

Attached: kek.jpg (680x695, 34K)

sort of but I don't think it's that close, ubuntu adds a lot more to debian than manjaro does and also the quality of manjaro is pretty low

How do you even reach this level of jpg artifacts ? Respect yourself

I've used Ubuntu for more than a year, then Lubuntu for a year and a half I am now using Debian but I've used many "obscure" distros in between. I've never had a single problem with (L)Ubuntu nor with Debian. I know how to fix many basic problems and if I don't I search, look it up and in the end ask for help if I can't find the answer.

I admit that LXQT is prettier than LXDE but the software included is retarded, why the switch from Sylpheed to Trojita and why include the full LibreOffice suite for a distro that aims to be lightweight

1. Anything you can do in Arch, you can do in Ubuntu, Debian or any other distro. Including compiling the kernel from scratch and / or installing from the command line if that's your thing.

2. Following a default set of instructions on a Wiki doesn't mean you know shit. It only means you are setting up a mess of a system with default configs instead of optimizing the install for your particular computer and needs as is the original purpose of Arch. This describes 90% of Arch users.

It's pretty much dead as a Desktop disto now, since they are killing off it's 32-bit libs. I mean Valve just pulled their money from them.

Arch is not that hard to install anyway. If you have more brain cells than teeth and can read at a 6th grade level, you can install it.

>If you [...] can read at a 6th grade level, you can install it.
You seem to think reading a wiki is all it takes to do a proper Arch install. Thank you for proving my point in the post right above yours.

Reading a wiki = Default options = No custom lightweight distro which is what Arch is supposed to be

>It's pretty much dead as a Desktop disto now, since they are killing off it's 32-bit libs. I mean Valve just pulled their money from them.

Yes they've fucked up badly on this one

>Arch is not that hard to install anyway. If you have more brain cells than teeth and can read at a 6th grade level, you can install it.

Genuine question, why would you use Arch over Debian netinst though ? As far as I know it's not faster nor lighter and the install process is more tedious

Attached: smugboii.jpg (1134x1126, 307K)

having to fix your os, just because you're using it. fking loonix fags. a plague to the desktop pc world.

Attached: cas.jpg (300x209, 9K)

welcome in 2019 gramps

my x60s uses xubuntu and its perfectly fine

How's your Documents folder doing lately?

Attached: windows_10.gif (275x144, 1.43M)

Different user but it's pretty much the same for most minimal distros. you have a lot better of an idea of what is on your computer. Given that all that is installed is the absolute basic shit to get you going.
I don't recommend it for most people but I like that part in particular.

iwlwifi 802.11n support has been broken on Ubuntu since 16.04 and is still broken on 18.04. I've considered going to Manjaro ever since Ubuntu has been giving me these issues with Wi-Fi.

Fedora with XFCE or KDE, enable rpm fusion.

You mean fedora with gnome. Fuck screen tearing and fuck KDE.

Minimal distros are good just don't go to the meme minimalist tier aka arch/void

you can try archlabs

the mind of a neet