Is hackintosh any good?

Is hackintosh any good?

Attached: jtjsi761h6411.jpg (3264x2448, 762K)

inb4 iToddler BTFO

the whole point of a mac is the appealing hardware design, os x hasnt been ahead of the game since like 2009 and there's absolutely no reason you should want to run it over linux.

>that forehead

Not worth all the effort

If I had fully compatible hardware and had to choose between it and Linux, I'd go for Hackintosh without doubt.

no reason to. The only reason people use a mac is because its hardware and software were planned to work together. if you have another hardware you should go either linux or windows.

Doesn't hackintosh have terrible driver support?

Attached: 1560258644980.png (543x472, 242K)

This is the opposite of the truth.

It's actually pretty good. The UX is different, but not in a bad way. I really like the full-screen splitting thing combined with F3. I wish finder would show the actual filesystem, but it's still very easy to navigate through the terminal.
t. long-time Debian user who currently has to use a mac at work for a project

If you want to develop for iOS it's fucking mandatory. Not that I really do want to but I have to and I'll be fucked if I'm paying for a real Mac.

Tip: when In finder use the menu to select 'go', enter / and okay. There's your filesystem.

Yes, just like a real mac.

>I wish finder would show the actual filesystem
cmd-shift-.
cmd-shift-g

It's OK. I had one set up but after 4 days I see no reason to boot it up again.

Just buy a MacBook are you poor or something?
Poorfags btfo

windows does the full screen splitting way better

Typing this from a hackintosh. Depends on your hardware, user. Booting into the installer is 3/4 of the battle. If you can boot into the installer, that means you can install the OS and after that you can tweak the small things. Although, getting those small features to work the way you want may be a headache.

>Typing this from a hackintosh.
laptop or desktop? how long did it take you to get everything working?

hackintosh is like poop in a urinal
if you need to poop then it'll do the job i guess
but it's still poop

Does anyone know how I can make the bootable usb? I don't have access to a mac so I cant make it that way.

thinking about tricking MacOS to live in a VM

It's okay.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-23 at 19.55.37.png (810x434, 96K)

Laptop. Been using a hackintosh for the past 2 years. Started with Sierra 10.12.2. For Mojave, it took me 2 days to get the graphics acceleration working, but that was the only hurdle I came across. iMessage and FaceTime works. One tip that I can give you is to compile your own kexts, whenever possible.

I'd love to hackintosh a Dell or Huawei laptop. Good hardware + good OS

>One tip that I can give you is to compile your own kexts
How would one do that?
Also, how's battery life?

>How would one do that?
Dont listen to him. The only kext you need is fakesmc. Anything else should be fixed in clover patches or dsdt if possible. If u are lazy than use kexts. But there is no sense in compiling them.

WhateverGreen, or atleast the later releases, work better compiled. Lilu needs to be compiled. Sure, you can use the provided binary, but the essential kexts should be compiled.

Use the developer provided kexts to boot into your system. If you have networking, install Xcode and use that to compile your kexts. It's not a compulsion, but some kexts just work better when compiled on the system they are used.

Why can't apple use Intel wifi? Literally what the fuck
If OSX had intel wifi drivers hackintosh would be easy as fuck.

Battery life is okay-ish. Depends on your hardware. You may have to perform some DSDT edits to get it working properly. But follow the guide closely and you should be good.

Apple hardware is total fucking garbage, don't know what you're smoking. OSX is really nice since you get a Unix system with good support for closed source, industry standard software. Honestly, if I had to use sometihng closed source I'd much rather use that than Windows.

Because it's an inferior product.

OS wise macOS > Windows. Hardware-wise Windows (and pretty much everything else) will be superior until Applel gets their head out of their ass.

Yeah pretty much.