FUCK THIS BULLSHIT

FUCK THIS BULLSHIT
YEAR OF OUR LORD 2K+19 AND STRIPPED SCREWS STILL EXIST

They're worse than trannies. I can't upgrade the drive of my laptop because of this shit. I'm stuck wit only 256gb sdd
Any ideas?

Attached: IMG_20190623_191451.jpg (3968x2976, 1.38M)

dont drill so hard or buy better screws

Use the right screwdriver next time.

you need a hex screw you derp

only phillips has this problem

hmmmm

First of all, stop using a phillips head screwdriver on a Japanese Industrial Standard Cross-drive screw. They're designed for deep, recessed gooves.
JIS is designed for shallow ones.

It's actually retards using Philips screwdrivers on JIS/Frearson. There's absolutely no reason Philips should span, unless you used the wrong size as well.

This.

Have you tried twisting it?

I could remove all the other screws smoothly, idk what went wrong with this one

Not all cross-drives are phillips.

Attached: jis-vs-philips.jpg (825x456, 33K)

get a toothbrush all hot and gooey and jam 'er in there then let it cool

the best thing to do with any cross-drive screw, especially in light of all these people crying about how it's so important to pick exactly the correct size of driver - is to pick a flathead driver thats correctly sized to engage the thing. This invariably solves the camming-out shit and lets you put more torque on the screw.

I have that same toastertop and could open it easily.
You should upgrade your brain next time instead.

use POZIDRIV, not Philips you idiot

Just put your body weight on the screw driver and turn slowly.

Stop using phillips on jis and vice versa.

I've had this shit happen to me with hex screws, it worked fine for all of the screws EXCEPT this one.

That's clearly not a Pozidriv screw.

screw extractor sets are like five bucks dude

Attached: 1559478751723.jpg (483x367, 53K)

use the right screwdriver

JIS is worse than PZ. Fucking evil.

That's why all screws should be Robertson screws.

Even the chinky 10$ amazon special 'all tool kits' have multiple sizes of JIS and Philips, along with flathead and hex and triangles and star and all that shit. I've used them to take apart computers to carburetors and they don't fuck up if you're using the correct driver.

OP watch a video on the different types and sizes of screwdriving heads so you stop fucking up. Also JIS will work on Philips but Philips will fuck up JIS, so when in doubt, Japscrews out. (A high quality precisely cut philips that fits right will do a JIS screw if you're careful but you go gorilla on it and you'll fuck up).

this, but unironically

Get a flat head screwdriver and hammer it on the screw until you have a flat slot and can turn the screw.

This or tiny reverse-hand drillbits, go slow till you grip and it spins it out.

Try using the correct screwdriver

dont use a phillips in a torx you human reject

>not knowing how to use screwdriver
Really, user?

You can, but you have to be certified repair man.
t. Never used torx screwdrive on torx screws.

get a drill, drill through the center of the screw

It's all jewish agenda. Look at this screw, it resembled the star of David. Jew screws.

Its an unwinnable battle.
You have screws that are hardened more than your driver/bit and you end up rounding off the tool. If the fastener is softer you end up destroying the head on it.
I'd rather destroy a fastener and just drill it out.

cool now post sauce

Put a small bit of rubber from a rubber band over the end of the screwdriver, or lay it over the screw as best as possible.

Don't strip your screw next time

Just solder the screwdriver and the screw together lmao