Linux Financial Management

Hey Jow Forums,

I've been dipling my toes a little into personal finances and, being a college student, I'm not the most experienced.

I've been poking around with GNUcash, but it seems to be a little too buiness-oriented. Might poke around with Kmymoney or whatever the fuck it was called.

Need a bit of direction here bc I don't see it talked about at all kek

Attached: Screenshot_20190623-123634__01.jpg (1080x1085, 128K)

Gnucash is the best you can have. Learn some easy programming language like lisp and use it to help taking account of shit. Use emacs' org mode for notes too.

>I've been dipling my toes a little into personal finances and, being a college student, I'm not the most experienced.
>I've been poking around with GNUcash, but it seems to be a little too buiness-oriented. Might poke around with Kmymoney or whatever the fuck it was called.
>Need a bit of direction here bc I don't see it talked about at all kek
ok mister smart college student why dont you do a little bit of your own research? you haven't even posed a real question, stop jerking yourself off

>implying guhnoo/linux NEETs have money to manage
try stackoverflow

Yeah I know right lol that's what I was thinking maybe the NEET/Linux meme really is real to an extent lol

If you are OK with proprietary, I found manager.io once and I really like it.

you're the fucking meme, coming to Jow Forums looking for any sort of real advice

>ok mister smart college student.. do research.. stop jerking yourself off

Hey man,
The only reason I mentioned I was a college student was to contextualize my situation, like I'm not a fucking NEET.
College Student =\= smart, fuck yeah mo shit that's obvious.

>do research
Part of it is to consult your peers. If no one asked questions tech forums would be a text version of a LinuxCuckTips video circlejerk.

>Jow Forums bad

Appreciate the input. Not a programer, but if I have to learn then sure I'll appreciate the adventure as always lol

congrats on the dumbest post today.
> If no one asked questions tech forums would be a text version of a LinuxCuckTips video circlejerk
Jow Forums is about as much of a circle jerk as something can be

ok

(you)

Ledger is what I use. I interface with it with ledger-mode in emacs.

((you))

(((youjew)))

>(you) still haven't even asked a question yet

my question is, to put it bluntly:
"Linux Jow Forums users, what do you recommend personal finance software do you recommend on a desktop linux system?"

But there are often nuggets of good taste floating in the spunk of this circle jerk. Jow Forumss technology preference usually favours freedom and flexibility over user friendliness.

Attached: 1558004955368.png (535x523, 76K)

Linux is a kernel; a program in a system.

Ledger is pretty user friendly for budget keeping in personal finance. I think Gnucash has more features though.