Why is pic. rel. and its derivatives so cringe?

Why is pic. rel. and its derivatives so cringe?

Attached: pajeet-lang.png (1200x2195, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mopemope/meghanada-emacs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

disgustingly verbose syntax and forced oop

Because pic related means you have a job.
and having job means you are not edgy neet.
t.java developer with job

We need some OOP languages in the world but Java* feels far to restricted. You can't do anything except fall into patterns and use >muh encapsulation

Java is great, anybody who whines about it either isn't using IntelliJ IDE or is too much of a brainlet to use it well.

This

If using a language requires anything else than the compiler and a text editor, maybe it isn't so great

I'm sure it's fine with intelligent completion, but most people see the syntax once and run. plus, i think you should have some pretty good experience with classes in another language before taking on java, but thats just my opinion. im sure you can just force yourself to learn it like anything.

Java looks and feels too outdated to me.
Why is everything in the Java ecosystem written in XML?
Why are arrays so useless that need to be replaced with the more verbose ArrayList object?
Why aren't Strings primitive data types?

>An IDE made for the language makes the language itself good

Attached: uh what.gif (390x220, 1.6M)

>Why aren't Strings primitive data types
why doesn't C have them?

java makes visible everything that should naturally be hidden in a high level interpreted language.
how it became popular in the first place is a true mystery. marketing and management board meetings i guess.

Because C was made back in 1972 and is a low level systems implementation language, it doesn't advertise itself as a high-level language like Java does. Literal playground tactics switching the blame onto another thing.

>Why is everything in the Java ecosystem written in XML?
Maybe because XML was the standard for data serialization in the late 90s to mid 2000s?

Why do their logos using the same colours?
Conspiracy?!

Attached: 5DC7A04C-9B44-47F7-A4DD-9D5778490734.jpg (750x456, 202K)

Why is it the most comfy language to do professional backend dev?

I write java in Emacs and I enjoy it thoroughly

Attached: 1561150490932.png (605x701, 686K)

What's your setup? Java is the only language I don't use Emacs for.

github.com/mopemope/meghanada-emacs
it handles maven projects nicely
auto-import is a godsend
auto-complete is a nice cherry on top
plus some custom snippets I made myself

>Literal playground tactics switching the blame onto another thing.
I wasn't trying to deflect onto C. What I was trying to point out is that C has perfectly valid reasons for not having primitive strings, and maybe similar reasoning can be applied to Java.

Also, being high level does not preclude a language from having 'basic' types not be built in. Take Haskell or Prolog for example. Strings in both those are not really a primitive data type, and both those are way more abstract that Java usually is.

Strings aren't a primitive data type bacause they're not a data type the CPU operates on, or in other words, not primitive to the language.

C is an embedded language. There's no universal standards about strings in fucking microcontrollers.

>There's no universal standards about strings in fucking microcontrollers.
are there universal standards for strings anywhere tho? how does this mean Java should have them as a builtin type?

C compiles to bytecode that processors run, how strings are handled is based on the libraries. While Java runs on the JVM, the entire ecosystem is within its control, there's no reason not to.

Same can be said for c#. String isn't a primitive type in that tho either.

I might try it when I've got time.

I disagree actually. I learned python first and all the __init__ shit went over my head. Classes are pretty clear in java. They have to be really, since everything is within one. People might get over their head with constructors, I guess.

I mean..they aren't primitive data types. So it makes sense, right? Am I missing the definition here?

every single retard that complains about syntax has only seen hello world example where the boilerplate declarations are bloated
for most of basic stuff, you can copy entire sections of sepples to java and use it with minor modifications

Attached: 1469002214876.png (196x171, 5K)

static void class ShittingStreet = new[]* static ShittingStreetFactoryMaker();

It's a good language and I like it very much. Many good features came in and the module system makes the binary lot smaller. You can find any library you need pretty easily and there is a library for literally everything under the sun.

It's not that bad
The issue is the jvm

The JVM is what makes Java and it's descendents (JVM languages) relevant both architectural and performance side; it's a well crafted piece of engeneering.

It's even worse beyond hello world.

Attached: 1560459237521.jpg (739x710, 130K)

Java, besides adoption and the VM it runs on, is leagues below C# (though they're working on portability recently). However, calling it "cringe" makes you sound like an autist who swears by Haskell or C, rates language by how good they are for toy programs and has never seen a production system.

Horribly verbose and the JVM limits language features and performance.

I would like to talk to you about Golang.

You probably don't even know what that image means otherwise you would know that you're just a retard.

> get the work done
> cringe
I forgot how Jow Forums never accomplish anything beyond shallow shitposting