Now that udindu killed itself you'll be coming to superior openpepe right user?

Come home white man. Stable rolling release, great KDE support, no tranny coc, superior german technology.

Attached: openpepe.png (1200x760, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RbP9lNvmWKk
review.tumbleweed.boombatower.com/
en.opensuse.org/SDB:Cleanup_system
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm a dumb windows user but this will be one of the first distros I'm going to try if I get a full-AMD laptop. I don't use desktops and my current laptop with its nvidia optimus is a poor choice to run Linux.

Sorry bud :/ it is a really good distro. Its like all the good aspects of ubuntu and fedora rolled into a distro

Really OP, at this point I've just completely given up with linux so I really couldn't give a fuck what the new hip distro thing to use is.

I've been using Leap at work in a VM pretty gud for that. No point installing it at home on my desktop though as I'm already running the superior Gentoo.

Leap 15.1 here. Stable and up to date.

Does it still run like shit? Always feels so slow, especially booting. I have time to take a dump before I get welcomed by the login screen.

youtube.com/watch?v=RbP9lNvmWKk
gud vid

Attached: .jpg (758x426, 52K)

>God, someone get this guy an inhaler
kek

It is very fast.

with btrfs and snapshots whats the usual process of recovering if tumbleweed breaks? reboot, choose previous snapshot on grub, now what?

Do one thing. Go to the snapper, select last snapshot and do the needful click on restore button.

I lul'd

Attached: Screenshot_20190623_225932.png (1280x719, 204K)

you linked this yesterday too and its so good im going to move from arch to tumbleweed because manjaro is disgusting desu

any more tips or additional video guide you recommend? i know they fixed the no-allow-vendor-change from this but i wonder if there are any other gotchas

question about suse (or any rolling dostro really):
if i don't update my system for a week or two, or if i update a single package and not all of them, do i risk fucking up my system beyond repair?
doesn't restoring a week old snapshot lock you out of updates the same was as not updating for a week does?

rolling releases just seem like a liability to me, where if i don't tend to them daily, they degrade.

No, no.

>any more tips or additional video guide you recommend?
Read documentation, it is pretty good in case of OpenSUSE.
>doesn't restoring a week old snapshot lock you out of updates the same was as not updating for a week does?
It doesn't. I was able to update 3 month old system no problem.
My dependencies broke (I couldn't install anything, because they had updated ruby or something), I ran zypper dup (updated the system), and it fixed everything.

Oh, and main OpenSUSE pro: you can change Tumbleweed to Leap and vise a versa any time you want. It *usually* doesn't break.

>downloads Leap iso
>boot up a VM
>stuck at boot, bottom bar ever so slightly progressing.

>>superior german technology
pic related

Attached: forty-keks.png (300x264, 54K)

Booting time is long for increased compatibility.

Works for me. Maybe try checking iso integrity?

Scytale

Beginner tips:
-Use a separate partition for your home-directory. If home is btrfs and on / a snapshot rollback will also delete altered files in home.
- always use "zypper dup" - there is no other reliable way to upgrade, especially in a graphical way. To be super safe, do it in TTY or with "screen" or "tmux" (if your graphical environment crashes, the update process continues)
- zypper up has no function in TW at the moment

- Don't be afraid to roll back to older snapshots (snapper rollback). If new updates breaks your favourite application, roll back and wait a week or two. Things get fixed pretty fast in TW
- regular backups
- combine regular backups with regular zypper dups.
- if you break your system beyond snapper rollback, you do not need to completly reinstall. Use a TW iso image on an usb key and use the boot-option "upgrade" to repair your installation
- Opensuse has a Wiki which is pretty good. No Arch way of pretty good, but most of the common problems can be solved with it.
- If you want to have a really conservative update policiy, consider the tool tumbleweed-cli and watch review.tumbleweed.boombatower.com/ . Pick only the most stable new tumbleweed snapshots.
- give Opensuse a chance for longer. The first week is not as smooth because there are some things not as streamlined as in Ubuntu, but as your installation is set up und you are running it for 3-4 months, you will appreciate TW far more than you would think
- have a look for missing applications via OBS

Am I white now?

**Is possible to make neofetch shows the screenfetch suse ASCII art instead of infinity logo?**

Attached: susetw.png (989x736, 136K)

neofetch --ascii_distro opensuse

reddit has arrived

I've heard good things about tumbleweed, gonna try it tomorrow.

the absolute state of youtube distro """reviewers"""
sometimes I just want a technical overview of features in video form but so far 9 out of 10 videos I clicked the retards install this shit inside a vm and start listing the default programs and talk about wallpapers holy fuck
I'm going to watch the conference videos instead and read the documentation later if I like what I hear

lets go boys

Attached: energieverwaltungsitzung.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

nyo :3c

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 11.08.38 AM.png (1920x1080, 2.69M)

The worst thing is when they review the desktop environment and its a distro XY """review""" in the title. I know some distros have more polished exp but come on ....

>not using centOS

After redhat amped up packages and shit to CentOS community there is 0 reason to use ubuntu/debian over anything else other than shitty devs that only learned ubuntu in a crash course and steals code off github

>Faggots in here use Ubuntu ? ...
Fucking state of Jow Forums.

>superior
>german distro
fuck off shill

Attached: nein.webm (288x360, 2.33M)

my nigga, somebody that is not a pajeet or basement dweller would know this

So I jump back and forth between openFrog and Fedora. I will list only negatives.

Fedora:
- 13 month support only, may be good or bad. I personally don't want to reinstall often, save time. And distro inplace upgrade seems risky.
- less official documentation, not comparing forums
""- Anything other than Gnome will look like crap, if you want out of box""
- dnf is slow when autocompleting or updating repos

Opensuse:
Has everything above solved. Best documentation I have ever seen, with their books and Rolling Release option.
But.
- """"""One Click """"""" Install never installed anything I used and broke zypper, just install the raw rpms with the command line
- some random libappindictor package has the suffix "1" hence isnt recognized by rpms and now I can't install rocketchat, others without breaking depends and yeah the one click version doesn't install
- I do nearly everything in command line, so still cant decide if Yast is a helper or area for more bugs. But making a change with 2 clicks and not searching 5 mins in the man page feels comfy
- installs a LOT more bloat in netinstall if you just pick a default but you can tick untick any package which is impressive

Tldr. In summary the best distros I have used. I tend to be on the Opensuse side. Ty for reading my blog.

Funktioniert auf meiner Maschine

Damn, I haven't used SuSE since around 2005.

How the fuck you manage to break zypper?

It was one of the first distros I tried, along with Ubuntu 11.04, Fedora Lovelock, and Debian Squeeze. Good times.
Maybe it's finally time to go back.

I actually didnt even researched what exactly happened, I just clicked on a lot of One Click installs. But yeah it couldnt search or install anything. Was a while ago.

Attached: OpenPEPE.jpg (1928x1080, 974K)

are they renaming the distro? I hope so because saying opensuse with the correct pronunciation get you laughed at irl
I don't really care but it gets old, like a bad joke you have to hear every time

I don't think you broke zypper, I think you installed too many different programs from 15.1 and 15.0

Interesting. I would do zypper dup in that case, since sometimes, they update repos, and old software you have may get weird dependency issues.

I do not like most amphibians, lizard and lizard-like creatures.
Fucking disgusting

Installing it now...

Gnome or KDE

Gnome obviously

Nice try Shlomo, but you're not fooling me
Good luck being a /v/irgin

Better that udindu

Kosher DE.
Gnome is for gomes.

I also dont like udindu and smoking majaro, I also dont like being in debtian.

But too dumb to use arch linux and gentoo.

Fedora seems like a good choice but it update every 6 months...life is suffering

Fedora is RH/IBM, and I recommend avoiding those, since they will force their shit like Gnome on you.

openSUSE is the KDE distro. Install anything else and you're not getting the intended experience.

The only time I fool with Linux is on my old laptop, but most distros don't work with the wifi on it.

Don't you just have to type a command on the terminal and reboot?
Or does Fedora force you to reformat and install/configure your shit all over again?

I dont need newest things/update too frquent. They tend to not work well with my works.

I can just use minimal iso and install kde or something but the point is they update too frequent.

What do you think about Centos

this is the most nigger windows wannabe distro I've ever seen.
fuck off retard

>opensuse
Enjoy your shit performance

Why is KDE used as a selling point? Last tome I tried KDE it was a dumbed down nigger env. I really dont see why people preffer it over xfce.

If theres one thing im glad I was memed to try it is xfce4. Lightweight AND customizable as fuck.

I'm fucking impressed, just installed tumbleweed. The installer is very nice but it made / a little to big imo, even with snapshots, that I plan to purge anything but last-1 or 2, 57GB seems excessive. It would be too time consuming to mimic that whole setup from the guided helper with lvm luks but anyway.
My provision script had to be modified to rename several programs but overall there is way more available than ubuntu by default in the repos. I was able to cut my script to about 1/3 of what Ubuntu needed.
Boot times increased but the desktop startup is noticeable faster. The splash screen and loading applets is like half the time from kubuntu. I copied my entire /home from my kubuntu install and had zero problems so far.
They fixed many bugs I was having in kubuntu backports like every time you reopen a program it increases the width until its out of your screen. The menu krash is gone too. Had to edit the config of some vms because qemu expected different parameters.
Now I'll have to test for a few more weeks to find out how bad snapshots can get, it's my first time using them and btrfs (for root only).
I still need to test it more but so far so good. I'm worried because unlike fedora I haven't found anything that irritates me, even the fonts are working flawlessly. There's always a catch I just didn't found them yet.

Attached: uwotm8.png (619x319, 44K)

i always hear people saying you have to know how to 'maintain' btrfs and shit
what exactly do i have to do lol
cant i just see if im out of space for snapshots, clean it up and call it a day?

>cant i just see if im out of space for snapshots, clean it up and call it a day?
en.opensuse.org/SDB:Cleanup_system

5 days using TW and still impressed how good is the documentation. Get answers to all my questions just reading their Wiki.

Wait, who doesn't use OpenSUSE as their main OS? It's the most complete desktop experience outside of ubanter.

The only complaint I've heard about opensuse is that it is bloated in general.

bloated in what way? I only removed vlc, konversation, kmag and tigervnc. The rest is pretty much default iirc
now on fedora I had to remove like 40 packages the gnome fuckers really hate kde rofl

mouthbreather retard
>NOOO STOP YOU CAN'T INSTALL OTHER DE THAN THE ONE ON THE DEFAULT ISO
subhuman

>KDE
Doesn't werk
>XFCE
Doesn't werk
>GNOME
Doesn't werk by design.

OpenSUSE works with all DEs nicely. Ubuntu worked nicely with XFCE. Fedora - fucking never, always broken.

KDE is better than XFCE, since it doesn't tear on Intel.
OpenSUSE is bloated, but not slow.

> can just use minimal iso and install kde or something but the point is they update too frequent.
Other DEs are just poorly maintained to my taste.
>Centos
Never tried.

>OpenSUSE is bloated, but not slow.
what bloat? you can select what you want installed by default even in the dvdiso
explain or gtfo
i hope youre not one of the archtards who boast about number of packages

have sex

Attached: date.png (1368x768, 465K)

>OpenSUSE works with all DEs nicely.
Have you ever tried openpepe XFCE in your live? It's a fucking garbage can.

It installs too many packages by default. (Sure, you can select them manually, but I'm pretending being retarded and clicking default option).
It is not a bad thing though. It only matters if you have potato computer, in which case I recommend going with LFS or something.

Can you show me your file picker, while I have sex?
Worked on my machine.
Only complaint I had is theme, icons are too ugly. Xubuntu has better theme.
Btw. LxQT here is pure sex. 10/10 recommend.

wow, LITERALLY a fucking I Was Only Pretending To Be Retarded reply

I never used Ubuntu in the first place. I use the superior distribution Artix GNU/Linux.

here loser

Attached: Screenshot_20190623_222713.png (1920x1080, 241K)

dilate, they all work subhuman.
specially Xfce since it's the fucking same version on every distro, kde is shit even in opensuse.
opensuse being the "best" kde distro is fucking stupid. retards say that since the windows like niggered down configuration yast goes along with yge subhuman design of kde which is a ton of contextual menus.

>opensuse being the "best" kde distro is fucking stupid.
Back in the kde4 days suse hired some kde devs to work and polish on pepe and openpepe. It was the "best" kde distro back then. It's not a thing anymore, they're all fired, but retards still keep spouting this crap because they heard it somewhere else.

they have patches before others distros as you can even read people grateful about that in this very thread
qa is better than kubuntu, cant talk about other distros because i never used them

When did Udindu an hero?

Sry but not true. Richard Brown the chairman uses GNOME and I looked at the XFCE edition and its damn polished.
Yesterday looked at LXDE in a VM, its useable but not as great as the others. Just saying that you don't **have** to choose KDE.

btrfs+snapshots+zypper sounds like an absolute fustercluck, no thanks.
ill sticck with arch.

>a system of many interconnected parts which can become incompatible the moment you update
>not a clusterfuck
This is what Archtards think.

I just installed it. For my surprise, this runs really fast.

Is what said good enough to start? I never used this distro because one year ago or more this felt so sluggish but now runs just as well as Debian/arch run for me.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-24_11-09-07.png (1680x1050, 682K)

Fuck off. Novell is dead.

same retardation happens on every subject on youtube. try to search any product you would like to buy. there is nothing but soibois begging for liking the video and subscribing his channel while he's only rotating the product in his hands and telling the specs from the box or website. nothing about how the product works or behaves.

Attached: 135284729342.jpg (400x400, 16K)

I installed it with KDE plasma and it just crashed constantly. Maybe i should give it another go but i can't see how it would suit me better than debian

some applications are available now as appimage. its the best thing happened in a while in linux if you want to try new software or cannot get something installed because of dependencies.

snap and flat are poo.

No, this shit distro died three times on me, I'll stay with ubuntu thanks.

I had the same experience, I'm using the xfce version and it runs smooth as silk.

Why would I run a laggy piece of shit?

Attached: Screenshot_20190624-200437.jpg (810x7129, 1.67M)

>german technology
>superior
found the boomer

you wouldn't unless all you do with your computer is just run benchmark software

zuperior technology
upvoted

I have a question: Are wine versions different in Tumbleweed and Leap? If so, I assume Tumbleweed has the latest wine version, which number is it?
Wouldn't hurt to also know the version Leap is using as well (in case some games work better on it), if anyone knows I would be thankful.