TempleOS lagging in Windows VM's

For some reason there is some 100-200ms lag when using templeOS on virtualbox on windows which I have not found present in linux. I have to use windows because I do programming calls with friends on discord and sadly discord screen sharing does not support linux.

I also tried to use qemu, but I've noticed insane input lag on that as well.

Does anyone know how to run TempleOS from windows without this god awful input lag?

Attached: TempleOS.png (640x480, 14K)

try not using an OS written by a mentally ill racist transphobe

>taking Jow Forums's loonix meme as far as to actually using templeOS

>racist transphope
That sounds pretty sane to me

>Does anyone know how to run TempleOS from windows without this god awful input lag?

hmm that's a good question, try asking the maintainers of templeos if the- oh wait

Tell your tranny friends to stop using discord.

>virtualbox
found your problem

>templeos
>linux

I'm using templeOS as it is intended, a recreational operating system. When I am taking a break from school and my regular projects, I boot up templeOS with my friends and we have some fun rather than playing vidyas.

It is actually an extremely well documented operating system and quite fun to program for. All of it's code is available and can compile in a fraction of a second, so I can mess with kernel code and such. In comparison using the linux kernel is much more difficult.

I like that I have full access to memory addresses and registers instead of having to access it through files like when I use the linux kernel. And on top of all that it has good API's, making windows is a few lines of code, using the graphics is a few lines of code, etc. Although I dislike the screen flashing from his 3D engine, I am trying to fix that. Not everything you develop has to be extremely practical, after all most of this board is faggots shitposting rather than developing useful shit.

When you are paranoid as fuck and think everyone is out to get you, of course you are going to become racist. Either way that doesn't effect his OS pretty much at all.

Terry ran templeOS in linux VM's.

What's your alternative

Any other suggestions? Qemu has input lag as well. However when running virtualbox and qemu from linux on the same computer there is no input lag from the keyboard (although the mouse is still pretty fucked)

This, why the fuck are you using windows OP?

VMware Player?

>What's your alternative
Matrix

>I have to use windows because I do programming calls with friends on discord and sadly discord screen sharing does not support linux.

Either I find a way to share my screen from linux (can I do some kind of private stream on twitch and give them the link?) or I find a way to get a VM to work properly on windows.

Did you know that Terry appears to have compiled TempleOS with a HolyC compiler hosted on Linux? I've seen quite a few evidences that he didn't self host it.

Attached: tenor.gif (220x220, 217K)

dilate

you can make an unlisted stream on youtube if that would work for you

I'd imagine that he had to write the compiler on linux to make the OS, then he moved his compiler to within the OS. I can't see how he made the OS from straight assembly and then wrote the compiler within that enviroment. Also I'm still learning but does TempleOS use it's own assembler? I thought the instructions were different than regular x86_64 assembly syntax.

F

>For some reason there is some 100-200ms lag when using templeOS on virtualbox on windows which I have not found present in linux.
Never you mind what that unexplained lag is.

Attached: 1525265040662.png (412x425, 312K)

>discord

What can I say my friends are unity developer normies.

reeee normies use raw vulkek/whatever

Nothing wrong with Unity and you don't need to be building an engine with vulkan, it's just that they don't have to confidence to even try pretty much anything with a command line or install anything other than what they have installed already. I compiled qemu no problem but asking them to compile qemu will never happen.

Athough, they already picked up templeOS pretty quickly and the templeOS command's are some fucked DOS/C function hybrid. I wish Terry just converted unix commands into C functions like:
Ed("funcName",+1-i);
instead of:
grep("funcName", "i"); // Although if he could remove () from argument-less functions, he should of been able to remove the "" as well to make it faster to type.

I guess it makes sense, since grep was just a repurposed part of the Ed editor, and Terry is just running his editor function with some math to choose how many lines to print.

Alright I fixed it. If you run in VMware it will have no keyboard lag, but there is still a bit of mouse lag. I thought you had to pay for VMware so I've been avoiding it.

Attached: TerryADavis.jpg (550x413, 65K)

Can someone explain the appeal of this OS? What advantages does it have over any other system? Is it purely for laughs?

So no OS at all for you?

Yeah he has his own assembler. His compiler is just basically a decoder and front end to the assembler, all of HolyC is translated to RPN on the stack for execution.

*at the core HolyC is basically built from FORTH is how it looks to me

Good for you, buddy.
I know nothing about programming but he made some interesting stuff with TempleOS. Hope you can host your progress somewhere so the project lives longer.

May the night found you glowing strong in the dark.

have you TRIED coding like a WHITE MAN?!

Trying to write a program that takes image files and converts them into arrays that I can copy and paste into templeOS (I put in the text as a macro on my mouse so it types it into templeOS).

Still haven't figured out how his 2D graphics sprites entirely work. He doesn't really have an editor where you can make vector or bitmap graphics, instead its more of a window that pops up with graphics commands like drawing rectangles and such. When you draw, you draw straight on the document and then it adds the function you did (ie addPixel) to a list of how to make the sprite. This I think is why terry doesn't have well tiled and sized games, all of his sprites are whatever size he drew them in the document, but my OCD is getting to me and I want sprites with base 2 dimensions.

My handheld game console I made just stored the sprites in an array in RAM and then just copied them onto the screen buffer, so if I can find that I will put my sprite code there. Otherwise I'm just going to iterate through my array of pixels and run the draw pixel command on each one.

Attached: SpriteArt.png (1565x730, 88K)

>he thinks templeos is linux

Attached: CIA nigger.jpg (234x250, 11K)

>discord
dilate

Guaranteed replies

I think making better art was not terry's vision and I'm actually a faggot for doing this according to him. The point according to Terry it looks like is that you should mentally stimulate yourself by writing code and hymns, and that art is a distraction from what matters.

Either way I've been programming games since the third game and building a 3D game engine since last year, so I've spent a lot of time thinking about graphics rendering and I'm just going to port it over to templeOS. People are attracted to graphics and when you spend that extra small amount of time to polish it up you can get people attracted to the important underlying concepts like the programming.

You can load bitmap (bmp) files normally in templeos, you know.
However, you need to preprocess the bitmap to use a 16-color palette first, and maybe add some dithering if needed.

just use vmware lol

Just tell your friends you're not using their botnet cancer anymore and use a real OS.

Well...no one can tell what the other person would do or not, just keep yourself busy with it in the hopes that by doing that you can avoid getting caught with too much reality, if you know what I mean.

>virtualbox
what about you use software that isn't a bad joke

I've read that Terry can speak to us thru TempleOS, true?

It's because you're not running it as God intended. TempleOS is not to be virtualized.

I'm converting BMP's into arrays right now and pasting them in with a macro on my mouse. How the hell am I supposed to get a BMP from my host OS into temple? Or do I have to use the god-awful tools built into the OS instead?

>Does anyone know how to run TempleOS from windows without this god awful input lag?
Turn the framerate up to 60 or 90 and it'll probably run smoother. Or if you're on Windows 7 use the classic theme instead of aero.
Also discord is for faggots.

I just now accidentally learned that you can ctrl drag to pan within any window/terminal in TempleOS. Can Gentoo do that? I don't think so.

Attached: programmingProphet.jpg (125x111, 4K)

you need xeon and 64G of RAM to run this precious

trans people ARE mentally ill. it is body dysmorphia, and the definition of mental illness.

Some of the websites had a list.
>Try CTRL-R, the graphic resource editor.
>The ESC key will exit and save from within forms or documents. A left mouse double click will do the same.
>The CTRL-Q key will exit without saving. A right mouse double click will do the same.
>The Windows key will pull-up a menu/help/macro area.
>Lower-case "L" when on a link (underlined text) will simulate a single left mouse click.
>Lower-case "R" when on a link (underlined text) will simulate a single right mouse click.
>CTRL-ALT-X will terminate a task(process).
>CTRL-ALT-ESC will spawn a new task(process)
>CTRL-ALT-TAB will switch tasks(processes)
There's a some more though.

On a linux host, you can use the emu_mnt script to directly mount the qemu disk and just copy any file you want.
However, I must warn you that the ability to Type() a bmp image seems to be gone one TempleOS 5.XX

Attached: screen.jpg (640x480, 203K)

>I do programming calls with friends on discord
Jesus fucking christ, neck yourself faggot.

This list is very very helpful. Thank you.

Has anyone figured out how to disable the blank that's used in the headings? I feel that I'm staring on the web 1.0 page and it's driving me slow Lee insane. Before you know it I'll be muttering under my breath like Terry about how I am an awesome programmer and how black people from the CIA are after me.