Redpill me on car speakers Jow Forums. I want “mah audiophile” experience, but from what I’ve experienced so far...

Redpill me on car speakers Jow Forums. I want “mah audiophile” experience, but from what I’ve experienced so far, car audio is only for nigger music. Am I correct, or is it possible to find speakers that aren’t shit

Attached: 844C65D9-A7D8-4C72-96FF-38C7A6AD7823.jpg (1000x526, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

parts-express.com/tectonic-tebm46c20n-4b-bmr-3-full-range-speaker-4-ohm--297-2157
parts-express.com/tectonic-tebm65c20f-8-3-1-2-bmr-full-range-speaker-8-ohm--297-2156
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*drives by your house to rattle your windows*
PENIS STIFFY UH

When I was testing our speakers at Best Buy, I wanted to kill myself. It’s bad enough I had to get an RGB stereo receiver, can’t I at least get nice speakers?

Same as home audio, but with more constraints on size. It's easier to get low bass in a car than at home since you filling a small and enclosed environment. You are closer to the speakers with limited ability to treat the space acoustically.
But what are we trying to do here? Install subwoofers? Install mid-high drivers?

I bought a used car that some nigger put in a huge subwoofer in the trunk. He seemed surprised that I went into the settings and turned the bass down.

I’m just trying to replace the speakers in an old truck I got given to me. I would like something clean sounding, with good mids and highs. Don’t really care about bass if you haven’t gotten that impression yet lol.

Lmao, sounds like the embodiment of tinnitus

AFAIK, the closest thing to a simple full-range that isn't bad is the Tectonics BMR. It works, but the sound output can be a bit low.
parts-express.com/tectonic-tebm46c20n-4b-bmr-3-full-range-speaker-4-ohm--297-2157
parts-express.com/tectonic-tebm65c20f-8-3-1-2-bmr-full-range-speaker-8-ohm--297-2156

You will have to do some amount of work if it doesn't provide enough low-frequency range or get loud enough. Dividing filters have to be set between the mid(bass) and high drivers.

What is the space you have to put drivers in?

I’m honestly unsure, I know very little about car speakers, I figured it would just be a matter of having someone swap out the existing ones and mount the new ones

It's not like you will notice any real difference over the car and road noise..

I meant where are you putting the speakers inside the car. How much surface area do you have to mount the drivers, how much volume in the door/dashboard/wherever?
Kits and coaxials might come with the electronics all configured, but you have to do some working filtering otherwise. While I don't think it is necessarily a difficult subject, there are things you have to learn.

Depends on your car really. If you get a lot of road noise then it kinda make super high quality stuff useless. Infinity kappas were always a good choice speaker wise. You need good sources too tho.

That said...it can still be fun. This is a completely wasted setup but I dun care.

Attached: mcintoshdeloreanfit.jpg (1200x800, 446K)

It’s a two-seater, with a speaker in each door, so I was just planning on replacing the two

>McIntosh amp
>Dual amp
Am I being goofed on here?

Back in the day I had pioneer speakers and head unit in my ranger. Sounded way better than the factory setup. Didn't bother with any subs/amps.
Still got the head unit. (in a box). When I sold it I just replaced the factory stereo. Now I drive a corolla. I just left it stock. To much integrated shit in with the stock stereo and the factory speakers are non standard size. Plus replacing the rears would be a pain in the ass due to the angle of the rear glass. But all in all it don't sound bad once I fine tuned the settings.

Replacing the stock speakers with a good same size alternatives should improve things. I'm looking at the JBL GTO myself for the decent bass at 4", however, you don't seem favor bass reading your other post.

I might just jump on the speakers another user posted, worried about the volume although I suppose I can just turn it up. Just hope my DAP can handle it.

I have a big loud v8 so I don't care I shoved some gay cheap stereo head unit in there and left stock speakers
One day I'll gut it all and redo all the interior but it's really low on my list of shit to do Tbqh working on saving up for a twin turbo kit
They are a over priced meme

I'll redpill you on car speakers. Spend the money on soundskins or dynamat etc instead

Car audio is a strange realm full of marketing bullshit and prices high enough to bankrupt a small family with performance to match an entry level home setup.

I am a bit of a home audio enthusiast. I prefer very clear clean music. Like being able to hear fingers rub the guitar strings before the musician starts playing.

That level is just not achievable for most people in a car. Where the "enclosures" for your main speakers have no seal and are made of sheet steel and resonance off of glass surfaces causes harsh treble, making your ears bleed.

With that in mind it is best to prioritize "good enough" keeping the law of diminishing returns in mind. I find it is best to cut down on distortion and try to reach the most balanced sounds at higher volumes.

Because of shitty sheet metal "enclosures" and lack of real dampening in most situations, along with road noise, bass response will suck on most 6.5 inch door speakers. A good balanced subwoofer is necessary. Most likely a sealed 8 or 10 inch unit depending on your application, and of course a quality amp to power it .while setting a high pass filter on your main speakers will leave all the bass to your subwoofer to massively cut down on distortion. That should be your first step after an aftermarket radio.

Most internal amplifiers on aftermarket radios have shit for wattage and miserable distortion at high volume. Get some decent aftermarket speakers installed with a good external amp wired to them and that's it. If it's set up properly you now have a competent enough system without wasting money on a bunch of ancillary bullshit that niggers and white trash consider "bumpin" and "dope". Good luck.

Weather or not you think you need a subwoofer in a car. You do. If you can spare the room. No matter what your opinion, after a subwoofer is installed you will immediately know the difference. It doesn't have to thump or rumble or make your neighbors lock their doors when you drive by. A good balanced subwoofer (even a small low powered one) to supplement your speakers will fill out the sound drastically and change the entire experience.

Car stereos are pretty much the only thing on Earth where I think RGB is a good idea and should even be mandatory, it lets you match your stereo to the rest of your car's interior lighting. I just wish they weren't all so hideous when not in the dark.

Based nignogs and their rgb, I’ll just leave the color setting on white