Why are people still buying their cpus?

Why are people still buying their cpus?

Attached: q5cvv381ije11.png (897x598, 221K)

Mental illness.

i rest my case

That and Cyrix doesn't make CPUs anymore.

But based AMD does

because AMD sucks and it is AMD & Intel that have a duopoly on the x86 CPU market

i want to see a third player step in and make x86_64 CPUs that are as cheap as AMD and better than Intel and without the security holes too

If I wanted a house fire, I'd use my own lighter.

Why buy a lighter when you already have a 14nm++++++++ miniature sun.

are you living in 2014? amd doesnt make 6ghz 32 nm housefires anymore
on the other hand intel does make 5ghz 14nm housefires while amd has power efficient 7nm cpus

>7 nm Atom equivalents
wtf is this; 2008?

Attached: u-retard.png (645x729, 36K)

Just face the facts that what AMD makes up for in multicore usage, they lack horribly in singlecore usage on their multicore CPUs. And everyone in the industry knows this. So expect slower boot times even on SSDs, than with an Intel CPU

>dude AMD is better cuz it's cheaper! lmaoo
lol poorfag cope is pathetic

>Thinking that Intel causes housefires
I've had 0 CPU problems since 2005 when it came to Intel. I've had 2 problems with the two AMD CPUs I've bought in 2016 and 2019, all of which have to do with their being designed for Guy Fawkes Day celebrations.

I won a custom PC in a sweepstakes, I guess that's my excuse.

i7 9700k, 16GB DDR4@3200, Evga 750w PSU, 1080ti, 2x2TB WD HDD 7200 RPM, and an m.2 1TB SSD from Samsung.

Not sure about the case, but it's big, here's still room for a couple more SSD, and it has 4 fans.

>M.2
>1 TB
Enjoy your eventual catastrophic data loss

It's a 970 EVO, I thought they were high quality?

>Thinking SSDs won't die if they're EVO
Poor newfag.

Everything dies eventually, that's a given you nigger.

If it lasts me 5 years I'll be happy, much better than my experiences with hard drives over the decades.

It won't last you 2 years if your experience with hard drives has been shit. You seriously must be doing something wrong.

I just have bad luck, drives tend to only last 2-3 years for me, I typically buy WD, Hitachi, and HGST.

Ironically enough, I have an old IDE drive from Seagate that still works, Seagate is usually trash.

>I typically buy WD, Hitachi, and HGST.
>Seagate is usually trash.
Umm... Hitachi became HGST before they got bought out by WD (they're equivalent to WD Black) and WD has always been prone to failure since they bought out HGST. Seagate HDDs have always been more reliable; it's not until you start getting into hybrid disks that you see more failures now.

Poor form, you have to try harder if you want more (You)s.

So why would you want an SSD for your AMD CPU, if it supposedly works faster than Intel? :^)

I don't think you understand how a computer works.

I don't think AMD does either.

Probably because 99% of the programs people use utilize single core performance better than having 16 weak cores.

It's the same story as the retarded "nerds" yelling about samsung being better than apple in performance because samsung has 23423842384 cores when in reality the apple CPU is far superior.

Despite what self incerting AMD gas say, Intel is still #1 in CPUs.
AMD hasn't won yet, and until they do; I'll buy the fastest chip.

Corporate drones

>Probably because 99% of the programs people use utilize single core performance better than having 16 weak cores.
Stop playing arma 3 and using dogshit (work) programs
>It's the same story as the retarded "nerds" yelling about samsung being better than apple in performance because samsung has 23423842384 cores when in reality the apple CPU is far superior.
HAHAHAHAAHAH
>thermal throttles
Hahahahahaah

Ok faggot, enjoy your 8 extra cores that will sit in idle mode doing nothing while I'll use my 8 shintel cores and gain more performance from vidya, decoding movies or other shit, there's literally no program that properly utilizes 8+ cores unless your a cinebench faggot.

Secondly, you proved my point about being a faggot since you refuted the claim that Apple CPUs are superior than Samsungs dogshit ARM CPUs, check the benches or just overall performance, the A12 Bionic destroys pretty much any ARM cpu even though it has less cores, it's pretty sad how pathetic ARM is.

>when in reality the apple CPU is far superior
apple and intel aren't besties anymore, you can stop shilling like a clown

>calls cpu benchmarks useless
>brags about how apple wins in benchmarks despite android coming out on top in real-world use case
OH NO NO NO

because im a brainlet
t. person who bought a i3-8100

>One is a benchmark utilizing all cores
>Second point is about how the A12 destroys the ARM CPUs in wether it's vidya or benchmarks which favor multi-core dogshit ARM CPUs.

kys brainlet

because fuck amd

glad you love running benchmarks all day rather than actually using your phone, incel
have sex and dilate

You forgot to say please

Attached: 66995680-B0D1-4A4A-A328-C79A20B2CC13.jpg (800x748, 55K)

pretty please with a boipucci cherry on top

because no matter what people value performance over security

No competition.

Attached: every_boomer.gif (652x562, 287K)

RISC-V isn't mature yet

Stockholm syndrome.

I have no choice

daily reminder: amd / intel shill threads are all started by the same useless communists.

what the fuck does this schizopost even mean

>2005
>Intel
>bentium 4
ebin :-DDDDDD

Attached: 1488558886670.png (801x1500, 973K)

I dropped modern Intel and now only use AMD, ARM and older Intel chips (Pentium 4 and Core 2 Duo).

Based

works on my machine
i want to spend my time doing things i like, not thinking about computer parts

Attached: example of thing i like.jpg (604x516, 50K)

This but unironically

Real people have real jobs and aren't poorfags who buy AMD.

>any year
>not making regular backups

>Any year
>Being so dumb as to make regular backups of your m.2 drive on an external m.2

Where did I say anything about using SSDs for storage?

There's no viable alternative.

Read the message that responded to and was responded by.

I read it even before you told me to read it

BIPELIIINEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I like this. The more I think about potential gear the more unhappy and simultaneously the more expensive the build gets.

I still associate AMD with pajeets, despite the meme efforts of recent shills, even though I know both brands would be fine for daily use.

Also it's nice to have an igpu backup

>buy an apu

No, if you have a GPU already you juts paid amd $50 extra for an igpu that won't be used.

There are, but you fags dismiss all of them for that 10 extra fps in Fortnite.

Better for games and emulation.