Will there ever be a major breakthrough that makes computers like 1000x faster instantly or is that impossible?

Will there ever be a major breakthrough that makes computers like 1000x faster instantly or is that impossible?

Attached: index.jpg (184x274, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nanoheat.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/publications/Energy Efficient Computing.pdf
youtu.be/OWJCfOvochA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

10nm

No?

Room temperature super conductors :^)

no

Stop treating Japan as vassal state and remove all limiter in trade and technology.
Chink and gooks dont know bushido, they only fill up their pig belly until they burst.

Ice Lake

Yeah Graphine but the oil industry keeps suppressing research

LISP machines making a comeback

nanoheat.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/publications/Energy Efficient Computing.pdf

Yeah, it's not worth when you can milk silicon for a few more decades.

Organic computers.

based

I am already writing sourcecode in Java to do just that. Once this programs drops the world is going to go bonkers

can they actually be faster than modern hardware.

to be faster means more output, we have stalled not because of our businesses but mainly due to physics, and the laws of thermodynamics. Don't get me wrong there is many of future compacted tweaks to be made in hardware, but anything 1000x is crazy amount of energy, and it certainly wouldn't be compacted, there is only so much you can make smaller before you're replicating life-like bacterium machines, almost like nano-mites each with there own small amount of functions that feed to reproduce energy of a balance. Oh what do you know sounds a bit like life eh.

1024 bit bus and 1024 cores. parallel computing at bit level. huge amounts of RAM so every executable will have a sticky bit set and will remain in memory. all of them get automatically loaded on boot and stay in RAM. basically just like your phone apps.

Sauce?

I'll make the logo

It's called quantum computing and it's a completely new architecture.

youtu.be/OWJCfOvochA

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

developers actually having to program something efficiently instead of relying on MOAR COARS and MUH NIGGAHURTZ as crutches

I'm on it fampai

Attached: ImprobableGraveCatfish.webm (480x480, 600K)

Parallel computing with today's hardware, provided it can be done with 100% accuracy or really fucking good error checking with very little overhead, would be extremely interesting to see. Basically like a cluster on one board. Bet you could get unbelievable throughput if everything goes just right.

not in our lifetime.
too many money invested in current tech which should pay off first.
capitalism and pursue of profit hinders all innovations.

Yes, optical CPUs. If you use light modulation instead of transistor state switching, you can theoretically reach hundreds of gigahertz.

You realize that its because of capitalism and the pursuit of profit that computers even got out of research facilities like Bell Labs and MIT into the office and then the house. Hell, that's pretty much how most inventions and research topics got into common use today. You'd have to be borderline retarded to say that capitalism and the pursuit of profit ruined anything related to any item in common use today, but you wouldn't be wrong if you say mindless consumerism has though.

He's talking about the current state of technology and he's absolutely right. Intel and AMD have the easy life making 5% IPC increases avg./year with minimal R&D.

what about magic compilers?

I don't want my computer to pee

>use flipendo in your compiler
>hogwarts comes and arrests you

3D chips

14nm+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++