VPN log keepin'

what's a linux-compatible vpn that ACTUALLY keeps minimal/zero logs? is that even a thing?

Attached: 1559038964432.png (840x854, 412K)

Other urls found in this thread:

virtono.com/linux-vps
github.com/Nyr/openvpn-install/blob/master/openvpn-install.sh
expressvpn.com/blog/expressvpn-statement-andrey-karlov-investigation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Use openvpn with vpn-failsafe so ur dns doesnt leak
Use one not based in 14 eyes

Have you tried mullvad? Also all vpns are compatible just don't use their provided software to connect. They should offer "vpn" files for use with whatever network manager you're using.

PIA

get your own vps in whatever country you feels like, run wireguard/openvpn on it, configure it to have no logs

ProtonVPN. Is free and from ProtonMail people.

I've heard cryptostorm is good. I'm still on Nord but all the shilling they do makes me nervous.

>just spend 10x more and leave personal traces everywhere, that should help you stay private
What a fucking mouth breather.

There is no such thing as free.

AirVPN is probably your best bet for privacy and security. They use their profits to operate 10+ high speed t0r exit nodes and a bunch of relays. They also donate large amounts to open source and privacy concerned projects.They would shut down before being forced to log. Think of them as the Lavabit of VPNs

Avoid Nord and PIA as they are basically memes and only marketed to tech retards that dont know any better

>not using bitcoin or prepaid debit for vps

huh?

all vpns log, else how would they comply with their countries law enforcement?

I don't understand the question.

Literally every VPN service is Linux compatible. You might just be too retarded to figure out how to use it.

Does this seem about right? Which of these can I cross off?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-16_10-35-29.png (1195x380, 143K)

he also believes there are VPNs that don't log you so he's double retarded

Im pretty sure there is no legal requirement to log here in the Netherlands.

To add. ISP's in the Netherlands cant look into your data, but they do have to work with the secret service.

But anyone who isnt an ISP can create anonymous, encrypted and products without logging.

The service provider can still track the Internet usage. Same problem, new wrapping.

virtono.com/linux-vps
you're welcome

run your own, sell it to other people for deniability and to defray the costs.
sooner or later you will get a NSL and be ordered to start logging, but until then youre good

>spend 10x more
That's the price for privacy. If you dont want to or can't afford to take it that far then just dont.

>leave personal traces everywhere
Can you expand on that?
You give the same information to a VPN provider as you would a VPS, retard.

> Run your own
You need to be clear who/what you are trying to avoid.

If you are trying to avoid law enforcement for instance, this is completely fucking retarded. Even if you paid in lets say, Monero (lol at the bitcoin comments), that you acquired in an untraceable manner somehow, you will still be the only person connecting to this server making it abundantly clear that the traffic coming out the other end is you. The logs kept by your ISP, your server provider, and their peered networks (let alone the NSA, see the Snowden leaks about all VPN connections being logged) will least you will no plausible deniability whatsoever.

On the other hand, if its in another country, you're safe from copyright trolls (seedbox would be too and probably cheaper), and would fuck up other tracking mechanisms if that is your goal.

you really think that dont u?

that a company would rather comply than go to court over a user who is probably a weeaboo yes i do

You realize if the VPN has no servers in their registered country there isnt much foreign law reinforcements can do. 99% of the time they email the VPN with the IP and time of incident asking for assistance.

"Hello, we are the Los Angeles police in the USA, we have discovered an IP of yours (584.2324.233) registered a phone number with an internet voice service. Then used it to SWAT a twitch streamer on March 21 2019 at 3:14 PM. We would appreciate any help or information you could provide."

. VPN replies " We don't have logs, sorry"

It's over

VPNarea good?

They check all the boxes for what you want from a VPN. They also provide a personal IP address for you only for a small amout extra per month. I would try them for a month with the assigned IP to see how limited it is on websites. It might be included in range lists like here on Jow Forums

Lmao

"are you providing anonymous means for people to commit crimes in the internet? hold on, the FBI and NSA would like to talk to you"

" You do not have jurisdiction in the location we are headquartered. We will not comply to any logging requests or requests to reveal customer information and payments. We will now direct you to our attorneys contact information as we lo longer wish to continue this conversation"

It's over again

Tried the free plan, hopped on a JP server, tried to connect to my usual JP sites and games.
>404

Absolute shit, deleted account.
Even botnet Hola VPN is able to connect.

there is no legal requirement for vpn providers to log traffic in most of eu countries, he is just total retard that wants to sound smart on internets

isps are different, in most countries they have legal obligation to keep logs of traffic, same with telecommunication companies have to keep logs of phone calls etc., I know in my country is was changed from 6 months to 2 years some time ago

so you are not trusting vpn providers to not keep logs, but you are trusting vps providers to not keep logs, ok :)

Get yee an offshore vps, watch a 20 minute yt video on diying a vpn server, and voila.

The best VPN is a raspberry pi in your grandma's house

if the vps provider logs your activity you have the same problem you paid 10x more to solve, dumbo.

Love the VPSfag arguments.
Your VPN or VPN server provider is logging, trust me
My VPS provider isnt logging, trust me

It isn't. They all have to abide by the law and the law tells them to have logs and let law enforcement agencies access them.

>crimes
>in the internet
its just ideas, not things

No they don't. Not even in the US. The only country with rules like that is authoritarian bongland.

You are a special kind of stupid.A VPN with a server in a different country doesnt have to log anything unless that country forces logs by law which 99% dont. if using a privacy focused VPN they will have their servers running baremetal and fully encrypted so NOBODY can access anything inside and logs arent possible because there are no hard drives. Even if authorities tapped the provider all they would have is encrypted data going in and decrypted going out of the locked down server and if you are using a server that has many users connected they couldnt prove anything. Take the next step and double hop n run your same VPN in a VM using a server located in a 3rd world country that wouldnt bother to cooperate and they would call it quits pursuing u unless you were a terrorist.

>He fell for the VPN MEME

1) Hack into your neighbours WiFi congratulations 100% safe browsing bonus if you fuck up your neighbour gets arrested for wrong think.

2) Hack into the home/Starbucks WiFi in a different city 300% perfect privacy.

Remember kids brake laws! Steal shit! Legality never pays!

To know if its a trap ask yourself
"is this illegal to do?" if the answer is "YES" do it! If its "NO" its a trap!

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (385x550, 64K)

github.com/Nyr/openvpn-install/blob/master/openvpn-install.sh

Attached: 1_CH8mTi9pcH-x5uvI5L2jTw.png (501x380, 101K)

Based and hacker pilled.

>I don't have my VPN automatically connect to tor to do dummy requests
>My VPN server is not hosting some "you are the man now dog meme" retardation on tor
>I'm not exclusively connecting to my VPN using TOR

You are a tech illiterate baby.

Congrats Mr 1%

Learn to code and build this setup.
What do you actually use your skill to learn to do?

This?
for (;;)
{
cout>>"I love penises \n";
}

Because you are wasting your life if you are learning this meaningless shit.

>Congrats Mr 1%
Thanks.

cringe

Enjoy your botnet.

quick question Jow Forums

if i rent a VPS at digitalocean and set up my own VPN can the digitalocean niggers still see all my outgoing traffic?
VPS would be fully encrypted ofc

no one cares about you browsing 4channel
you aren't a secret agent or some top level personality
no one really cares about you

they will only see what stuff you are visiting, any hoster and their ISP can do that

based

The vps provider will still have all of your network traffic..

My VPS provider doesn't log trust me/s

None really. It doesn't matter when the 5 eyes does signal analysis on all connections and can pull metadata out our traffic.

Linux doesn't leak DNSs, network manager and shit is great at boondoggling resolv.conf though

This. Awesome staff that know their shit, keeps zero logs, highly recommend a paid plan tho if you're planning to run it all the time

If a privacy advertised vpn is in a country that doesnt require logs, which is most, one of two things is most likely
>they dont log because it only complicates their business because there are no legal repercussions for not providing what you don't have, and if it got out they logged their business would be ruined
>the business itself is either unwittingly or voluntarily compromised. Worst case scenario would be that the business was set up as a honeypot from the start.

I'd avoid anything located in the US or close allies for such reasons, but any provider could be compromised. If you doing shady shit don't rely on VPNs to cover you

Even the US doesn't require vpn logging so the FBI is shit out of luck, its not obstruction if you don't have it.

That said all US vpns are surely NSA backdoored, but they dont share shit with or burn assets on the FBI, and aren't interested in petty criminals buying weed on the darkweb or whatever.

Yea, just don't make too edgy memes about killary and dumbo. It's not easy to explain spurdo spärde to the jury,

Why Nord bad?

They just have a shady past and present

Can u be more specific? Or is it just because its reddits most popular, thus, its deemed to be CIA backdoor

Did you not read the posts I linked? They were started in Lithuania by a company that specializes in data mining named Tesonet. Why would you trust them to not keep logs when they made their money by hoarding information in the first place.

I dont trust them, I trust audit companies that check their "no logging" policies. Also wasnt this scandal of data mining proven to be fake?

That's the equivalent of being a drug dealer and telling the cops when to serve a search warrant.
"See, I told you cops I didnt have any drugs in my house"

Also the fact their advertisement spending in the last year probably triples or quadruples any sales they could make. Factor in only making $100 every 3 years from 1 customer and red flags are everywhere since that is not a sustainable practice.

When there are other quality VPN's without questionable operation and shady pasts it just makes sense to avoid Nord.

ExpressVPN.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-24_21-01-51.png (686x522, 75K)

SERIOUSLY?!? I Take a shit, and this is what I come back To!?!

Attached: DSC00797.jpg (6000x4000, 1.1M)

Attached: 20181211_223917.jpg (4032x3024, 553K)

Just become your own ISP. Satellites are not too expensive these days.

you have to be a complete mental midget who doesn't understand the purpose of VPNs to give this advice

ProtonMail is a NSA honeypot; so is this VPN!

Nord is bad, avoid at all costs

PIA is honestly ok. They are the only VPN service which has been tested in court, and they won't produce any logs

Fake news is fake. Kill yourself, ExpressVPN shilltard.

expressvpn.com/blog/expressvpn-statement-andrey-karlov-investigation/

Attached: 1540235047107.jpg (200x213, 8K)

Of course their site lies about it, faggot. Everyone's sites lie about everything. Truth is dad, no dad no.

>expressvpn.com
why did you post a selfie

ExpressVPN lol
On their website when assuring your IP wont leak they referenced and linked to the Playpen CP website bust trying to make it seem if those pedos had ExpressVPN they wouldnt have been caught. That probably being true wasn't a good way to portray their service.

How the fuck would you know if they are keeping logs or not?

So will your vpn provider, or are you actually this retarded.

Using https still keeps the server from knowing exactly what you are doing besides visiting a specific website. I'd rather trust a VPN provider whos server runs without hardrives on RAM only so nothing can be logged that is fully encrypted so if confiscated nobody would be able to do anything anyway.

a VPS will never give you that luxury

What am I looking at here