10000 dpi screens that are the near future for making light high fidelity AR/VR headsets

10000 dpi screens that are the near future for making light high fidelity AR/VR headsets

youtube.com/watch?v=52ogQS6QKxc&feature=youtu.be

1" inch screen with a resolution of 5000x4000 and 1KHz, i.e. 1000 fps. Oh, a 1 million nits of brightness.

The question is, will CPU/GPU hardware be able to keep up with this? The rate of display progress appears to be far outpacing hardware.

Attached: Capture.png (1282x683, 890K)

GPU’s melt today with low res screens in VR.

>1 million nits

Attached: raiders-of-the-lost-ark-16544.jpg (980x980, 56K)

Blindness 100

Good luck getting that display bandwidth through a single 5-6 meter link

>The question is, will CPU/GPU hardware be able to keep up with this?
today's hardware struggle with resolutions over 1280 x whatever per eye. maybe in a few years we might have a GPU powerful enough to handle it without having to adjust quality settings.

>not using a high quality CRT
>limiting yourself to lcd

lol fag

What kind of use case would need 1 million nits brightness for a screen?

Not something I'm going to just wait™ for instead of just getting the Index, but cool I guess. I'm wondering whether consumer hardware will ever be able to handle something on that level.

Even after few generations of GPU improvements, you'd still need a quad Titan to run that shit and it still wouldn't be enough to max it out.
Unless something very radical happens with the GPU field, it's going to be a good while before anyone can make use of those specs.

>implying it's necessary to max out 10k dpi screen tech in order to make photorealistic VR
Why would you make such a stupid, inane comment like that?

Alphabet soup agencies may want to permanently blind their opponents.

And laptops will still be 1366x768

China number #1

So from what I've seen, they demo a single color, 720p panel that's significantly smaller than an inch. It's a camera viewfinder meant to fuck DSLR shit up and usher in the age of mirrorless dominance, but first they need to manage three whole colors at once

>implying you even need photorealistic VR
You just need more or less proper lighting and even shit like Minecraft looks fully real.

They'll just stack them, no worries.

they show a two colors too and say to release an rgb one in july. Thing is used for AR so you don't need a full color range, just enough resolution to make a HUD like thing to be sent to the back of your eye with informations.

>You just need more or less proper lighting and even shit like Minecraft looks fully real.
>Minecraft looks fully real

Attached: drool.png (800x729, 48K)

could they just use those panels for projectors?

Attached: its_all_so_tiresome.png (361x621, 261K)

That squirrelly guy who keeps making these interviews is absolutely insufferable.
He keeps making everyone he's interviewing nervous with his voice, fidgetiness and pushiness.

It's a damn shame that he's pretty much the only one who keeps making interviews like this, this frequently.

Attached: 1497336348510.jpg (200x187, 15K)

>have this in VR
>your software glitches out and you get blasted by a 100% white screen with 1 million nits for a moment directly into your eyes

lol

People who are into VR have been researching this for better part of the decade, but a selfie posting brainlet from 4gag knows better.

>um........ ha..........is dat cool? I mean da, eh, anybody else, ha uh ... you think you're the best?

I don't think this is how you do interviews.

MicroLED seems so good that I kinda worry it might never become a thing in the consumer market for whatever reason. Why would we ever get nice things.

Attached: 1290007197677.jpg (270x270, 21K)

nits is intensity density, its brightness per unit area so for a very small screen its a big number

I don't think you look directly at the screen. Instead the image is projected onto a semi transparent surface.

Attached: 1560818414917.jpg (583x611, 36K)

>10000 dpi screens
Jow Forums will use bitmap fixed width fonts on those.

>someone hacks your headset
>burns your eyes thus blinding you

I dunno you guys...

That demo with the three colours made me realise that with the correct wave guides you could get some pretty damn nice fill rate too.

>1 million nits of brightness strapped to your face

It's not that it struggles. We can achieve it. The problem is that getting the parts for it is very expensive.

guys my client applications indicate that the data servers are leaking massive amounts of information how can I put an end to it my supervisor is very mad

Don't worry, China can't clone China.

Wireless. With a 100MB/s link, possible.

Next gen VR will be 5G m8.

So the real world Sword Art Online will fry your brain on login, not logout.

why not both?

But you are already dead when you logged in.

saves me the trouble

More interested in 3d printer applications. Last time they showed off their tech they specifically said they had clients asking for displays for 3d printers

non-pixel displays when?

I think I just went blind from staring at that green light from the video. PLS SEND HELP. I feel my left eye deteriorating as I type.

>1 million nits of brightness
I always wanted to know what it feels like to look into an atomic blast.

Which will be worse all the bugmen walking around with their nintendo switches today or in the future when they'll have these AR glasses with a permanent cuckface on?

Attached: 1559196260329.jpg (1607x1075, 386K)

>Oh, a 1 million nits of brightness.

For what fucking purpose?

Attached: where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.gif (500x216, 499K)

>will gpus keep up
Nah I have a 2080ti and it struggles at 3440x1440p 100fps+
Havent tried vr yet but from the benchmarks ice seen its hardly any better

You haven't tried VR? Dude, even minecraft at half resolution is way more immersive than any pancake game @ 144hz through an ultrawide window.

What the fuck is a pancake game?
Nd no I have a ultra wide curved monitor that shits over vr and no screen door eye neck strain either

Imagine 2 million nit bucks

Pancake is two dimensional. I came from a sim racing/flying background so 3D and head tracking has been the go to for some time. Combining them both in an all in one device is great. Can't deny that your monitor is better for the typical AAA call of duty games though.

Foveated rendering & eye tracking. There's no reason to render out everything on the panels at full res

My wheel isn't good enough (old g27) for sims + vr it would take me out of it.
Besides the real thing is 1000x better

Nothing wrong with a G27 bro. You do you though.

sure, maybe lossy 0% quality jpeg-tier images would fit in 100MB/s at 5000x4000 1000fps (no)

kek

>muh HDR

Attached: 244234.png (1771x971, 343K)

the panel still needs the resolution you tard

You know what else is really small in our field of vision? The sun. 1 million nits is still insane. Even 1000 nits on 4k HDR tvs is really meant for small sections of the display to be lit that bright, which is why OLEDs still get HDR status despite limiting brightness based on screen coverage

so you either melt your eyeballs or get bain cancer in a couple of sessions.

holy shit yes

Why don't we pack all these components responsible for computing and communication and etc in a remote location and then have glass fiber to transfer the image to our eyes so our brains would be safe? Also project the image on a paper sheet or something so it doesn't burn our eyes out.

Bain?

Attached: 1559427130403.png (544x599, 121K)

>Bain
early symptons of 5G coverage, no doubt.

Get him on board, I'll call it in.

>GPU’s melt today with low res screens in VR.
We just need to invent liquid metal so GPUs can operate in a liquefied state.

Attached: t-1000.jpg (442x293, 55K)

>We just need to invent liquid metal
user... there are natually occuring metals which are liquid-state at standard temperature

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (480x360, 9K)

That's the most brainlet post I've read this month, for sure.

Attached: Bane_TDKR.jpg (470x706, 50K)

What's the problem?
There are studies that show that really defined M shape upper lips may hint a creative mind.

Attached: 1465376487587.jpg (1858x999, 1021K)

Attached: Black-Girl-Wat.jpg (599x626, 33K)

Standard temperature during gaming is 900°C which melts a lot of metals

gaming gpus can't melt steel beams

Not with that attitude.