Google's Chrome Web Browser "Has Become Spy Software"

Google's Chrome is essentially spy software according to Washington Post tech columnist Geoffrey Fowler, who spent a week analyzing the popular browser and concluded that it "looks a lot like surveillance software."

zerohedge.com/news/2019-06-22/googles-chrome-web-browser-has-become-spy-software-wapo

washingtonpost.com/technology/2019/06/21/google-chrome-has-become-surveillance-software-its-time-switch/

Attached: spy.png (1200x600, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
dissenter.com/download
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is this news?

We know, reddit. Nobody here who has half a brain actually uses google products

google.co.uk/search?q=Google's Chrome Web Browser "Has Become Spy Software"
>similar headlines
its just firefox advertising

Problem is that there is 0 not spying browsers.

>NOOOOOOO ITS JUST ADVERTISING

Attached: 1546747559717.jpg (216x212, 9K)

>Has Become
It has literally always been that way.
How ignorant and oblivious can someone possibly be?

Breaking news: Terrorist attack on the world trade centre.

>Firefox CoC trannies are trying hard to shill their pozzed browser and its premium paid features

Took them 10 years to figure out.

>has become
This is what happens when boomers write articles. Chrome has been spyware since its release, and no sane, privacy-aware person would use it directly. They would either use furryfox (and pretend like that doesn't also have its own problems), or use a truly based browser such as Brave.

Attached: brendanbrave.png (1280x720, 711K)

it is though, read the actual article and wait for the firefox mentions

based newfag, use gnu icecat

Attached: 1550959831256.png (650x650, 177K)

i sincerely hope for your own sake that you are just paid to shill brave while you actually use a different browser

>Just keep using Chrome™, goy, everyone spies on you by my definition so you might as well get raped hard while you're at it

google is a surveillance company

*alphabet
refrain from slandering a humble search engine company

where's the previous thread from a few hours ago

Nope, got brave installed on laptop and desktop.

>If it's free, you're the product
Just live by this phrase and a lot will be clearer to you.

this

this

That article is bullshit by someone who doesn't know shit.
That doesn't mean Chrome doesn't spy on you, of course. But it's definitely not in the way this retard "journalist" thinks.

Just like clicking the google captcha and training an AI, you are the one who chooses to use Chrome and giving your data, page screenshots, mouse movement, voice search data and other stats to Google.

Inb4 some faggot says he uses chrome because Firefox is a botnet

botnet
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html

Firefox literally doesn't have any privacy concerns problems.

WHICH BROWSER DO I USE

>spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
Finally found this website again, I've been looking for it for a while but forgot its name. Thanks user!

Firefox/Waterfox/Icecat + security configs

Pale Moon

Iridium is patrician browser of choice. No furry shit, no goolag shit, no lion coin shit, just a simple privacy respecting browser that does one thing and one thing only.

Edge

Firefox can at least be configured to not have any spying. IceCat and Tor aren't spy browsers. Surf as well.

>has become

Attached: 1561390979307.jpg (199x159, 20K)

Why should I care?

Qutebrowser

And the sky is blue

it hasnt been updated in months

>muh updates
im still running konqueror, firefox 3.6 and opera presto without issue.

Why is everyone turning against Google? The trannies, the faggots, and the right wing retards. Will they collapse if the poos do too?

I can't believe it's so true that even my enemies agree with me on it.

Only good browser left.

>it hasn't been updated in 2 fucking months
oh no, I guess I can't use some random feature developers aren't even awe it exists yet...

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-24 at 20.08.53.png (508x248, 22K)

Why isn't there a package in the Arch repos? Do I really need to install this from AUR? Or is there a server I can add to get a precompiled Icecat?

Safary is pretty good and they are trying to block this spying

dissenter.com/download

but they still default to hyperlink audited so they're worthless. Privacy is just marketing for Apple

Would you trust it with your banking?

Enjoy malware sneaking into your PC

>Our latest privacy experiment found Chrome ushered more than 11,000 tracker cookies into our browser
How is this Chrome's fault? Use uBlock Origin.

Oof. It does read like an ad for Firefox.

>Mozilla has challenges to overcome. Among privacy advocates, the nonprofit is known for caution.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No. Mozilla is not known for caution. They do whatever shit they want, often without consulting their userbase which is why they now have something like 2% of the desktop market.

Heck, the debian testing repos are on the same version of chromium as iridium is, so maybe you need to fuck off

It have google in the name... of course it's gonna gather your everything for massive datamining.

Attached: 1549417483119.jpg (743x743, 191K)

the browser, yes. The services used through it, maybe not.

this