MONITORS

why is it so fucking hard to find a monitor that doesn't have some kind of problem? i've bought 8 monitors from different brands and they all had something wrong with them.

1. benq - stuck green pixels - returned
2. benq - 2 dead pixels - kept it for 3 years
3. dell - colour was uneven with one side super warm and the other cold. dead pixel. displayport artifacts - returned.
4. dell - same as above but didn't have the display port problem. - returned.
5. dell - stuck blue pixel and faint white lines across the bottom middle of the screen. - been using it for about over a year now.
6. benq - dead pixel, uneven backlight, shite colours/contrast - returned
7. benq - another dead pixel, even worse backlight problems, still shite colours/contrast - returned.
8. dell - backlight problems with really noticeable dark + bright spots, getting stuck in sleep mode, screen splitting in half with everything unaligned.

"don't buy benq or dell monitors" i'll probably be told but seriously like every monitor i look at reviews for it seems there are major issues with them. manufacturers need to get their shit together. buying a TV, smartphone, laptop doesn't seem to be as difficult. why is it so hard for monitors to not be shit?

Attached: 71AbBFtyUIL._SL1280_.jpg (1280x1280, 224K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lg.com/us/tvs/lg-OLED55C9PUA-oled-4k-tv
samsung.com/levant/tvs/qled-q90r-row/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just buy a fucking TV then, what's stopping you?

>i've bought 8 monitors from different brands
From only 2 brands*

+ aren't you mistaking some of your problems with IPS glow (which is a side effect of the technology, not a manufacturing defect) ?

Try other brands, also what kind of screen you want ?

wanting upgrade but...
My 1080p 3D AOC 27" from years ago still runs and looks as good as new. Not sure if I got lucky, previous LG 24" TN got a dead pixel within a week.

tvs are shit for gaming you moron. can't buy a 1440p 144hz g sync tv can you?

no it's not ips glow. my current monitor has it.

the backlight problems are like super bright spots or dark patches across the screen.

i've also looked at asus/acer monitors but they all have lots of issues reported.

I've had a 1080p 23 inches eizo since 2014 and never had a single problem

Monitor OEMs are the scum of the PC market
Anyone who thinks they are not are naïve at best
I can’t think of any other part of the market where everyone is so equally shit

Honestly if you’re not a hardcore leet gamer a fucking TV can be a nice upgrade to some of shit peddled as monitors

i bought 22" benq 10 years ago and its still going strong. sounds like better not to buy new monitor for a long time.

I've got a 2.5K IPS from Acer, zero problem.

Everyone knows a cheap korean panel is a gamble....

Where the fuck do you think all the "name brands" get theirs made?

LCDs are awful.

BenQ GW2270 for work
LG 22MK600M for gayumz

They use innolux/samsung panels for the most part, not sure if you can call them "cheap"

LCDs where fine until profit margins had to be high
They all went to shit as soon as everyone tried to use monitors as a way to recoup cost from low margin PC hardware

Are you a nigger? As for your question, you most likely cannot afford it, but you can now buy tv that supports 2560x1440 resolution at 120hz with input lag of 6.5ms, which is better than majority of monitors, even gaming ones (2000usd, 4k/144hz acer x27 has 13.5ms of input lag for example). This tv will support 4k/120 and variable refresh rate in the future, future meaning when gpu manufacturers catch up and provide gpu with hdmi 2.1 output. As for picture quality, that tv (and bunch of others) blows any consumer monitor out of water so hard, that its not even comparison.

tldr buy from store with good return policy

I doesnt just depend on the monitor. You are obviously buying them on the cheap from some dealer that is selling seconds or returns. Pedro El Cheapo eh eees cheapp cheap cheeep

I've never had a problem with bog standard 1080p Samsung monitors.

My jump from a 24"TN to 27" IPS was like night and day. Still holding off due to retard monitor pricing and VR being my preference right now.

Get a Dell Ultrasharp U2412M

i just got an lg 4k ips monitor its pretty good

Get a freesync + display port monitor with VESA mount and it turns on instantly after being unplugged without a 2-3 second display lag. (bad PSU effeciency, slow charging capacitors, or software latencies causes this.)

I bet you're the same nigger shill who opened the PSU thread yesterday. Who the fuck is paying you for this?

welcome to LCD world of compromises
could always try $2k monitors, those have less of issues as a rule, some compromises still there though

works on my machine

You don’t think CRT is a compromise?

Why are 3-5 dead pixels considered a standard now? Lucked out and didn't get any on my Dell 1440p 165hz recently but still what a jew tactic. Is it that hard for companies to make a proper product?

>Benq monitor
>1080
>144hz
>works fine for years, still kicking
must suck to be some 1440p+ fag who needs "muh epic high res image" lmao

Because it's a imperfect technology.
There are always compromises, no matter which way you go.

Allowing for dead pixels allows for lower quality panels to be purchased, which means more money for the monitor makers and less returns

What is a more perfect tech then?

Should I start buying monitors from a different country? Are Chinese monitors any good? Korean?

I'd figure the best bet would be stick to a more vertically integrated company
Companies like Asus or Dell do not make their own panels, they just purchase them, bin them and assemble the monitors
Samsung and LG should be using their own panels so maybe the quality will be better

>what is a more perfect tech then
Connecting directly to your visual cortex

20 years ago a good monitor cost two grand or more. In 2019 a good monitor STILL costs two grand or more. You get what you pay for.

maybe you need a spiritual healer to dispel your curse

what models did you buy? cheap or premium?

You can buy 4k 120hz freesync 2 televisions yes you can.

Your luck is shit, I snagged a 27" curved Samsung monitor from Walmart. It fucking blew me away, the colors are super vibrate, and even though it's rated @60hz, my computer just flat out gave me the option for 75hz and it works perfect.

Best $170 I've ever spent.

Attached: remake_bowsette__png_by_aekah_dcpuft0-pre.png (918x871, 681K)

Try getting (semi)professional looking products/stuff that looks like it might have less shit QC. In other words: avoid most budget and gamer shit.

>You can buy 4k 120hz freesync 2 televisions yes you can.
source?

Opinions on this monitor? Im looking for a new monitor to play in the price range of 200-300€.

The model is Samsung LU28H750UQU 27.9" LED UltraHD 4K FreeSync

Attached: 2.jpg (530x530, 33K)

I'm not personally a fan of small 4k panels.

I'd prefer 1440p 144hz at that size.

But to each their own, looks fine.

It's been like this forever. Uniformity has gotten better since LED but it's always been a shit show from LGD and Samsung Display. Your best choices are NEC and Eizo as has been the case for 20 years now, but even then duds occur.

Fuck you. What's so bad about not having someone like fucking Trump ?
He is a fascistic scum only caring for the trade market. He is the one too big to fail. Remember Cambridge Analytica ? He directly influenced and took advantage of the same very system.

What's wrong with leftism ? Don't you like more individual and social freedom ? You want to kill fags/trans and fuck your women in the kitchen ? Cause that is the very dystopian system you say you fight against.

It's one thing to be unbiased as in a service and other as a human person. Google needs to be unbiased as a service and company. Now their management can support whatever party they want. That's democracy.

I play PS4 on a 21" 1080p 59hz monitor from 2008. It has shit brightness and it's starting to bug me.

I was originally planning on getting a 4k when the PS5 comes out, but I'm beginning to think that the next gen consoles will still struggle to do native 4k and their games might run better on 1080p anyway. 4k monitors all look like shit right now, too.

Should I upgrade my current 1080p to an IPS with a better refresh rate right now, or still hold out for the console releases and get a 4k?

Attached: 1560795078916.jpg (944x781, 244K)

Samsung/LG with HDMI 2.1. new TV's in 2019.

buy aoc/asus. Never had any problems with AOC, asus seems to be quite good, LG's okay too

I bought about 8 monitors in my lifetime or so and only 1 failed. Most of them were Dell too but 2 were Asus. Maybe you're just unlucky.

I was interested in 1440p too, my idea was to prepare for the future PS5 which I think 4K or at least 2K will be the minimun, but what are some good 2K monitors?

So nothing yet

I have the Samsung CHG70 27". Great color and contrast, great motion handling too. Biggest problem is there's a lot of backlight bleed and it's disgustingly uneven.

how about buying a chink brand that uses samsung panels?

I can’t wait until AMD/Nvidia gets off their ass and implement 2.1
Your ~$1000 TVs should also be getting HDMI 2.1 which would enable those TV model ranges already with 120Hz screens to be able to be used at 4K

You can buy it now you fucking retard.
lg.com/us/tvs/lg-OLED55C9PUA-oled-4k-tv

I've had the Dell S2716DGR for probably 2 years now, and it's great when you get everything adjusted out of the box. I have had the stuck in sleep issue every now and then, but it's as simple as pressing the power button.

Meanwhile my 250usd shit kogan Va is perfect b grade Samsung panel that hasn't skipped a beat and is perfect

Brand fags btfo enjoy your over priced shit with bogan firmware and hardware hahahaah

>OLED
>burn-in
No thanks.

Here is some good brands:
Hitachi,
Eizo,
NEC,
Sony

got the more recent s2716df and it came out of box almost perfect for color. It has an issue I have is when I need to switch the input from my switch to the PC. The keyboard won't register the shortcut so I just need to simply push the input button.

Suck my fat cock, retard
samsung.com/levant/tvs/qled-q90r-row/