WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO THE INTERNET RIGHT NOW WHY IS EVERYTHING DOWN??????????

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO THE INTERNET RIGHT NOW WHY IS EVERYTHING DOWN??????????

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 12312312.jpg (399x404, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

downdetector.com
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20262214
downdetector.com/status/cloudflare
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BGP_hijacking
noction.com/blog/bgp-hijacking
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegheny_Technologies
manrs.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

downdetector.com

Attached: 1561379050080.png (1911x5064, 1.1M)

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=20262214

Iran has launched a cyber attack ahead of the UNSC meetings

Attached: 1557956039225.png (2000x1144, 37K)

Wrong.
4channel is still up :^)

Russian bots

IS THIS REAL??????????????????

Attached: 1541394069347.jpg (657x527, 32K)

think couldflare went down

DOES THIS HAPPEN OFTEN? HOW CNA THIS HAPPEN????

How fucking fragile is this Cloudflare shit? The whole internet is suddenly fucked by some gay shit like this?

To be honest that's what you get for relying on third party services to maintain your infrastructure

>How fucking fragile is this Cloudflare shit? The whole internet is suddenly fucked by some gay shit like this?
It was a routing issue - CF isn't at fault

like 3rd of the shit normie would use was down when google went out for like 12h last month

downdetector.com/status/cloudflare

What does a routing error even mean? Who could have caused this? Is this on purpose?

>not a single website/service i use is down
what kind of fucking cucks are you? soicord trannies?

this is the quality of Jow Forums posters today

jesus christ

Attached: pepe_thinking.jpg (741x568, 92K)

This.
My Matrix-Synapse server is still up since I host it myself, my mail server is up, my everything is up....
I don't understand why people rely on other companies to host their shit... Host it yourself you cucks

>error that mainly affect sissycord trannies
>wondering why the people who come to try about the issue is low iq
I wonder why

Nah. Cloudflare went down agian

>What does a routing error even mean? Who could have caused this? Is this on purpose?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BGP_hijacking
noction.com/blog/bgp-hijacking
the originator of the leak seems to be AS396531 - Allegheny Technologies Incorporated
Probably a mistake by some of their network guys

ikr

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BGP_hijacking

so some dude from some random company can cause the biggest companies around the world to go down because of a fat finger?

...based

If they're trusted by their peers yes
it's a pretty fucked system but it was designed decades ago and for some reason we haven't developed a more modern system yet

is it possible that this was malicious?

>getting your as blacklisted by other companies
Sure, if you want your company to go down.

It's possible that everything in this thread is a tailored post that meant to make you think ducks aren't real. You need to use your own judgement.

No like, an attacker inputted information pretending to be the company?

my ducks are real and they are in a row

Yeah, Everything

Attached: Down WTF 2.jpg (1920x945, 129K)

That's what you get by trusting pajeetflare
>uhh yeah the internet is great because it's not centraliz-

>Based Iran destroying the normie internet
Praise Aryans

>4channel is too normie and unimportant for the spooks to take it down when something big happens
sad

Here is an overview

Attached: Down WTF 3.png (1920x945, 69K)

l3 comms is down pretty sure they fucked up more

From where I am, the only part of the internet with problems is the proboards domain.

Nice. Tanks in 30. Get ready bois!

Never assume maliciousness when incompetence will suffice.

BGP peering is a trust-based system and it causes issues once in a while. However, it is also the responsibility of all BGP peers to use appropriate inbound and outbound route maps/filters to help prevent or mitigate human error and deliberate attacks. This is especially true if you're an ISP or service provider.

Everything worked and still works fine to me. Then again I'm pretty much convinced this is only affecting burger land.

an internet service provider service provider

Hijacking a BGP peering connection is technically feasible in the right (difficult) scenario, but it's probably much more practical to compromise the equipment on one end and distribute your malicious route updates from there.

721 KB
>we can confirm that earlier today there was a large BGP incident, causing 20k prefixes for 2400 network to be rerouted through AS396531 (a steel plant). and then on to its transit provider: Verizon (AS701)
>Verizon let AS396531 (Allegheny Technologies Incorporated) announce 20,297 prefixes, propagating these announcements to the general Internet.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegheny_Technologies

>Allegheny Technologies Incorporated (ATI) is a specialty metals company headquartered at Six PPG Place in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
>ATI produces titanium and titanium alloys, nickel-based alloys and superalloys, grain-oriented electrical steel, stainless and specialty steels, zirconium, hafnium, and niobium, tungsten materials, forgings and castings.[1]
>ATI's key markets are aerospace and defense particularly commercial jet engines (over 50% of sales), oil & gas, chemical process industry, electrical energy, and medical.[1]

hmmmmmmmmmm

Attached: thinkingsun.gif (480x264, 1.54M)

Not all service providers supply internet.

Yeah, so this is 100% Verizon's fault for (a) not using a proper route map to prevent the acceptance of the customer advertisements, and (b) not using a configuration to prevent redistribution of these erroneous routes.

hmm yes it was just a "happy accident" i'm sure

ISP’s have no fucking MANRS these days.

manrs.org/

As somebody who deals with mid-size business IT and service providers on a regular basis, you are grossly overestimating how competent these companies are.

He's a schizo implying this is some kind of conspiracy, silly.