The Raspberry Pi Foundation has truly revolutionized computing

The Raspberry Pi Foundation has truly revolutionized computing.

Attached: 461B3744-321E-49ED-A199-D4DCC81582A1.jpg (1125x1544, 348K)

They cannot be stopped.

Attached: 4E62C340-47F6-40B4-810C-C353E3C59529.jpg (1125x1011, 229K)

whoops wrong photo. but truly a cheap alternative to standard desktops with powerful capabilities.

Attached: 89A3B910-9146-4514-8C66-759394E19779.jpg (1125x1202, 300K)

By making an overpriced board full of useless features and selling micro-hdmi cables?

"Inventing" the desktop is not revolutionary at this point.

>useless features
?

I like the Pi but the last one I bought generated a lot of heat even with a heatsink and almost burned a hole in my hand. Does anyone know how the heat situation is with the new Pi 4?

>Any I/O is useless

>maker products
I wish people would stop making DIY electronics sound like a child's educational toy. granted, the rpi is usually overkill for serious hobbyist work but it's still irritating to read

Get Libre Computer
Tritium for robots
Le Potato for Kodi
Renegade for NAS

Didn't the 3B+ thermal throttle at 70°? I'm guessing the 4 is gonna do the same

Nice, it only took them 6 fucking years to put a fucking dedicated ethernet controller on the damn thing

It has more I/O than your $1000 laptop

This. Programming kits and electronics in general require more time and brain power than a fucking Arts degree but because of the marketing people think they're basically lego with LEDs

But not more than offerings from Odroid.

*cough* dual gigabit ethernet *cough*

Damn. That might actually be usable as a daily driver for just browsing the web on a silent and energy efficient machine.

People who only use their computer for email and office will still use the old CRT or dell display hooked up to a $100 workstation that is over 5 years old

can I finally fry eggs on it?

Does it still require nonfree blobs to boot? why is raspbian still a thing at all, other than that, why can't I just install any distro with an ARM version? why didn't they fix the shittiest hardware decision they made, supplying power via a USB plug instead of an actual barrel plug?

If I break these off will it still work?

Attached: 1561393901000.jpg (1125x1544, 403K)

It will be exremely damaging.

Does it have actual gigabit yet? Or is it still sharing bandwidth with USB?

Yeah, they finally added a dedicated ethernet controller instead of the shitty ethernet-to-usb chip they used on previous models

for what purpose

for you

Slimmer design in mind. Those things are too bulky.

meant for

boy, you fucked up

You're a large guy.

Just wait for A version

If I break these off will it still work?
>It will be exremely damaging
you are a large single-board computer
>for you

sad world that we live in now, where 1GB memory isn't enough to browse fucking facebook

>printf("For you.");

blame ad companies. if it weren't for them and the web still looked like motherfuckingwebsite.com it'd be no big deal to browse on a potato of a computer

Why can they do what EOMA64 can't?
It's a Shenzhen setup, they're probably just selling bootleg Pis.

Intel shills don't like this news at all.

UUUU

So reading about these, they can apparently handle 4k monitors now too alongside proper internet. Is this thing the best low power desktop PC? I mean it can run Ubuntu MATE. 4GB if RAM is more than enough for basic browsing.