Americans think this is interesting

>americans think this is interesting

Attached: Capture.jpg (1620x1514, 271K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4970214/95-plastic-oceans-comes-just-TEN-rivers.html
vox.com/the-highlight/2019/4/9/18274131/plastic-waste-pollution-bacteria-digestion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>killing trees for paper is better than making plastic

why are americans so wasteful?

>Reddit thinks this is interesting
ftfy

r e c y c l e d
p a p e r

It is, yes.

>Gets soaked and ruined faster requiring more replacement

Attached: 5F73E258A0884BA18FBEDAD12CD00882.png (540x720, 492K)

How much additional energy was consumed to make those bags and transport them to the store?

How resistant are they to accumulating moisture and falling apart?

Does this affect the shelf life of the product?

>no idea, but at least I virtue-signaled.

Attached: 1550249884822.gif (270x188, 1.99M)

Screenshotting a reddit post isn't technology.

Well yeah they even think their "bread" can be called food or even edible instead of cancer inducing house insulation material.

The plastic containers the store threw out to appear more green are now murdering dolphins

Just think how easy it would be to burn that cuck stand down. You wouldn't even get caught either

>Wow these americans, using bags. What a bunch of cucks. I'm not like that. We're not like that. They're so over the top. using bags. For grapes. Life is not that simple silly americans. *sits in desk sipping a machiato with onions milk like a sleepy barista*

>paper can be recycled
>plastic can't
>plastic production requires more pollution than paper manufacturing

it's hard to understand but i have faith you can get there

Yes you would user

>arseblasted Americans response is shit that literally only happens and exists in America
>he's not even aware he is his own echo chamber
OHHHHH SAYYY CAN YOU SEEEEEE

Anything except aluminum is extremely inefficient to recycle, even paper

>arse

America is better than any other nation.

>Aluminum
Ah yes, the low IQ spelling of aluminium

This guy watched Penn and Teller's Bullshit and can't wait to repeat the shit he heard there in random conversation.

Cute kot!
Not cute doge! Not cute!

It really is

are you damaged in the head or something
you cant recycle aluminium foil packaging, it evaporates before it melts

are americans to retarded to weigh their groceries? here we just have a big 'ol pile of stuff that you can pick from and then you go to the scale and it's your job to have shit where you put them

Attached: weigh.png (539x475, 564K)

>the low IQ spelling
How is it low IQ? It's in a dictionary.

95% of plastic pollution comes from China and India

Stop feeling guilty about your regular lives when there are factories dumping chemical waste in rivers and entire populations dumping their trash in the sea.

If you want to help the planet, end free trade. End chinkshit. Stop empowering manufacturing in polluting countries. Stop buying things that have to be shipped from the other side of the world.
Tariff the shit out of everything. Either it's local or it's banned.

Attached: 1463251092545.png (253x224, 92K)

I don’t watch those fags
Obsessed
Foil no, pretty much any other product yes

>Americans can't even speak proper English
You do know that American English isn't used anywhere but your shit country right? Right?

I like plastic shopping bags because I can reuse them as garbage ones at the desk or in the bathroom, etc.

However, fuck plastics, shit was only ever about convenience at the cost of your endocrine profile. We expose kids to KNOWN xenoestrogens then wonder why test levels are dropping and incel are into trannies

based, glass and paper for the win

And just when I thought there couldn't be something more retarded said in this thread you show up. Just because you don't buy chink shit doesn't mean it won't get produced anymore you absolute troglodyte.

>HAMBURG
why are they calling it a hamburger if it's clearly not?

Seething chink

>95% of plastic pollution comes from China and India
Source?

>renewable
>breaks down a thousand times faster if not more

just to spite amerikwans

It's simple economics you troglodyte, if the EU and USA ban imports from countries that are destroying our planet (like India and China) then manufacturing in those countries will crater or they will have to become normal human beings again.

Any political efforts spent trying to ban plastics in the West are useless, every environmentalist must focus their efforts on banning third-world imports.

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4970214/95-plastic-oceans-comes-just-TEN-rivers.html

plus africa

maybe they were grown in Hamburg?

>they will have to become normal human beings again
>again
>implying

Sure thing if basedboy Americans stop buying chink shit the entirety of China as in a nation of over a billion people just stop producing shit. Their entire economy just ceases to exist because some söyboys on Jow Forums that failed Econ 101 3 times in a row said so.

Why would they grow grapes in a hamburger?

What's even worse is you think what Americans think is interesting enough to post on a tech board, now that's peak retarded.

>co.uk

>Even Jow Forums is now part of the cancer killing Jow Forums
HOLY SHIT MODS. DO YOUR FUCKING JOB.

I'm sure Chinese earning $700 a month are going to make a killing exporting goods to other countries such as Africa where workers earn $70 a month.

Attached: 1289075770738.png (425x290, 142K)

plastic can be recycled, it just depends on the type of plastic, there's like fuckloads of different kinds

Go fuck your sister rasheed

>There are absolutely no consumers in China
>What about the billion people living there?
>Nah doesn't exist they must export to Africa

Attached: 1556734772866.jpg (1024x819, 493K)

>holding onto antiquity. It matters. We're pure blood. It matters. Our language never changed. Language doesn't change.
clearly a nerd that can't even 'adapt' with the cool kids.

Quite ironic considering the word in question is arse which is by now slang but do go on fellow 56%.

>plastic production requires more pollution than paper manufacturing
I don't know enough to refute you but I don't think that is exactly correct. Plastic is not only inert but also one of the cheapest, easiest materials to produce, requiring less water and emitting less CO2 than paper production.

>fellow 56%

>drilling oil for bags

>Foil no, pretty much any other product yes
well we we are talking about packaging like in OPs pic, so paper is superior in every way

What is it mutt? Can't even read anymore? American education at work I guess, less books more school shootings.

>throwing away petroleum by-products and not using them

>fellow: a person in the same position, involved in the same activity, or otherwise associated with another

>still being dependant on fossil fuels
The absolute state of America

ITT: americans think the world is America and if they stop buying something it immediately dies worldwide

>America
Try the whole world

Wow he really has no reading comprehension. Amazing. Can I keep you as a pet or something? I'll give you a nice sleeping place and some books and maybe one day you'll learn to read.

Europe is dependant on Russian gas.

Why are you so angry, my fellow 56%?

are redditors the most retarded "people" on this planet?

I'm not angry I'm just looking to adopt a mutt.

Look no further than the mirror since you claim to be one.

>he still doesn't get it
Seriously can I adopt you? Or send you money? Cause I am sure I can write that off my tax as charity work.

>boss, no one is buying the shit we make. What should we do?
>keep making it, in the same quantity
Yeah right

I get that you don't know your own language.

Nonsense, plastic and paper save significant energy when recycled too. Not as much as metals but there's no reason not to do it anyway. The only potential problem is retarded policies such as single stream recycling or mixed packaging that makes it too hard to separate, or shipping all the waste to third world countries instead (who dump in their rivers or burn it rather than actually recycle).

>boss, no one is buying the shit we make. What should we do?
>What did the 1 billion people in our country disappear over night?

>ah yes, the novelty DVD rewinders and lead infused Mickey Mouse keyrings will be lapped up by our domestic market

ITT: non-Americans are envious of America and try to insult America even though it is the most militarily and economically powerful organization in our solar system and beyond.
Oh yeah, eurofolks, you're welcome for WW2 :)

>most militarily and economically powerful organization in our solar system
The sun can beat the shit out of America in an instant

Most people aren't going to bother to recycle plastic.
>Hey we have to make some kind of disposable packaging for this product
>Should we use this material that will degrade in a short amount of time in a landfill or the one that will outlast me and all of my great-great-great grandchildren?

>Hey we need to make this disposable, single use container
>Should we make it out of something that will break down when, on the off chance, someone throws it on the ground or something that will still be sitting there when the person who threw it there dies?

Attached: 1537178406824.png (300x428, 144K)

not technology related
yes it is, you dumbass
this
"plutoninium"
it sounds stupid when the rule is applied to literally any other element
clown language

False.

>the planet gonna die for some plastic bags
s,oyed and cringepilled

This 3bh

Plastic bags have been banned in Italy (for supermarkets at least). It's a pain in the ass because biodegradable bags are a lot more fragile and expensive, but it's not like it can't be done

Just get one made out of cotton or other sturdy material. Nobody forces you to buy paper bags.

>reduce waste
>with tons of little paper bags
uwotm8
i've never seen fresh produce being sold like this before

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (400x300, 74K)

I kind of am though, because we're also forced to use biodegradable bags for the composted waste we throw out. I haven't been able to find a good source of biodegradable bags that is as good as the supermarket ones so I buy the ones at the supermarket so I can throw out the trash. This is probably very dumb and not cost effective at all but.
Anyway another reason is I can't be fucked to carry cloth bags with me and I usually buy stuff when I'm coming back from uni

>Why bother personally abstaining from things if other people won't

>plastic can't be recycled
vox.com/the-highlight/2019/4/9/18274131/plastic-waste-pollution-bacteria-digestion

Think about what Bob Lazar has told us. If the US government released the antigravity technology they have hidden at S4, it would revolutionise the world.

Instead of using all this wasteful packing material, we could simply levitate and isolate the food inside bubbles of warped space.

based schizo

>Fuck those tree sucking up our valuable CO2
>Fuck dem plastic factories using good oil for something other than burning for dat CO2

get that reddit shit out of here faggot.

>dailymail
>just pollution that ends up in oceans
>not pollution/waste in general
Low IQ alert

You can recycle plastic produce holders with soap and water. This new paper thing is producing more waste to save money on labor.

I'm sure you know that, but the main issue with plastic is that it's literally impossible to dispose of it because it keeps separating into smaller pieces until it's microscopic and goes in your tissues as well as everywhere else in the environment.
And recycling poses many problems like finding even today harmful plastics in objects that should otherwise be perfectly safe to use because their new plastic is made within modern tolerances but not the recycled part.

I have a better idea. We just cull 90% of the population. Just remove them completely. The untalented. The unambitious. The sick. The poor. Just wipe them out. Every last one. Then we enjoy our new utopia of enlightenment and plentiful resources.

>neo/g/ thinks Reddit consumerism posts are on-topic in the technology board

>t. Isaac Asimov