Say something nice

pro-tip: you can't

Attached: saysomethingnice.jpg (2000x1066, 238K)

It ain't always pretty but it sure is handy.

Attached: itaintmuch.jpg (300x168, 10K)

>Say something nice
>pro-tip: you can't
You're pretty ok, have a happy loli.

There, I said it.

Attached: 3be2002679012077be09cc25a932e62231da24876ecd327f6a5df7d0e2d11f5a.png (390x555, 309K)

best data science language
best library selection
easy as all hell to learn and use

Did not expect this, well played.

>best data science language
data science isn't my thing so I did not know this.

I can write something that takes you a week in a day. Subprocess are petty dope.

Attached: f0299256b10dc88bb945aff7a0e61fc7.jpg (736x552, 66K)

since I work with PowerFactory and its own DPL language is the biggest undocumented pile of sugar honey ice tea, I really appreciate the Python interface. nice enough?

It demolishes construct that writing code makes you special

It's for things that would be messy in shell scripts, yet not complex enough to justify a full language.

Attached: bython :--DDD.png (1487x645, 43K)

>NumPy
>OpenCV
>Matplotlib

Literally never had a bad experience with it

I switched my server automation scripts to it from perl because it was much cleaner. Don't regret it.

Still might have preferred something with a static typing discipline though.

> literally written using a real language and exposed into meme python syntax.

This but to

>>Average python developer salary: $115,000

uhhbuuuuuhhh i dun lik dis langmamig becus it not hapi for me. i lik em dat langmamij for the thing EYE lik.

got me a job

ok genuine question.
> static typing
why does it matter? i have used mostly scripting languages for writing scripts and shit. why everyone bitch about static typing i can't understand. pls no bully

Attached: sad-pepe.gif (487x560, 898K)

it's basically easier to plot shit using python and matplotlib in terminal than Matlab or any sort of gui.
For my dynamical systems class i would literally plot phase portraits in a python terminal faster than loading wolfram alpha and fucking around there, see pic related for something made in 2 mins.

Attached: output.png (1920x1440, 600K)

i can automate shit with it quick and easy.
probably because it's an ass to debug. it's really a problem for bigger projects like web apps or some shit. i use it for scripts so it's alright.

Well, 75% of the effort put into any program is debugging and maintenence. There's also the fact that the longer a bug goes unnoticed the more it tends to cost, including to put right.

Having to define your types seems like a bit of a chore, but it means your compiler can check them, which means a lot of the time:
a: The bug gets detected almost immediately, which saves time and money,
b: You get an exact file and line number the bug is on, which makes fixing it a quick matter.

Once your project gets a little too large (and it's not even THAT large), it becomes a bitch to debug.

I partly use python at work. I have written a small toy system to use as a prototype for an idea, but because management it went on to production, being used to this day. This was one year ago, now I have suicidal impulses at least once a week when I have to change something there

thenks fren

Attached: best-of-luck-fren.jpg (250x223, 9K)

Do people really think that just writing code makes them special?

Depends how "special" you mean. It's probably beyond most of the population, desu.

Programming is one of the most varied industries there is in terms of productivity. There's evidence of a 30x difference in output (with the highese people also causing fewest bugs). If you're one of these 30x people, then yes, you're really valuable. But you're probably not.