Attached: snapshot.png (405x323, 13K)

you forgot
>"Getting things ready for you!"
>"Almost done!"
>"Oopsie I made a booboo! Device will now explode into confetti!!!!!1"
durr durr it's like a persun

Minimalism was a mistake.

we have to go back

Attached: 1538282317904.png (1280x1024, 109K)

>Jow Forums: we want HTML to look like black text on a white background like in the 90s
>also Jow Forums: wtf this flat shit looks like the 90s, gimmie back windows 7 glossy transparent macOSX

> flat shit looks like the 90s
That's the issue: it doesn't.
90s design wasn't actually flat. It was simplistic, but it wasn't nearly as flat as flatshit.

Flatshit sits in uncanny valley between 90s design and late 00's glass design. And it's flatter than both. And it looks like crap.

>Jow Forums is one person

Attached: Windows 11.png (534x392, 10K)

what are you on about? Aero looked like shit and was the definition of bloat.

Flatshit looks like it was designed in PowerPoint

> 90s design wasn't actually flat. It was simplistic, but it wasn't nearly as flat as flatshit.
Even Windows 3.1 wasn't as flat.

Attached: win31progman2.png (640x480, 6K)

the 3.1 and 95 era was the Golden Age of Icons. No icons have ever looked as good since.

Nothing more is needed. This is design for ages.

Attached: maxresdefault (5).jpg (1280x720, 189K)

Bitmapped icons were the best thing that ever happened to OSes.
This is how you do minimalism.

Attached: 9617c03faeb0986659acd2fa7ff87a26.png (386x251, 13K)

I remember how cool it was when I discovered that you could just rename a 32x32 BMP file to *.ico and use it as an icon. I made custom icons for almost everything.

I did that too. I thought that was how file conversions worked. I later converted an animated gif to a jpg, and to my surprise it was still animated after.

DING DING DING
well I DID hear about this person that believed that just changing a file extension was enough to convert it

you're making me sad user :(

t. grew up on xp

Damn, that is how they came up with the design.

Oldschool interfaces are literally flatshit with some shading on the edges. Nostalgic dissonance is fucking hilarious.
>but muh shitty pixel icons were soulful!

At least it doesn't look like it was made in fucking Excel - .
Classic design is very simplistic (hardware limitations were an important factor to consider at the time), but flatshit is just fucking lazy.

The icons for desktop and network get me every time

Meh, I don't see those fucking huge title bars and window borders. Because we can't forget tabletfags and their sausage fingers, right?