Why is browser crypto mining bad again?

And why hasn't this far more agreeable and reasonable revenue income for website operators already replaced cancerous ads and sponsered links?

Attached: Internet a(i)ds.jpg (570x437, 101K)

It uses resources I could be using for other tasks. It can drain batteries faster if on mobile and raise your energy bill on desktop (moreso if it's a powerful desktop).

Because it nukes my phone battery from orbit. If visiting your site kills my battery, I'm not going there much.

> It involves expenditures in return for a service or good
> I am above the principle of causality
> Website operators and media creators are somehow an exception in the human society and are destined to be selfless and benevolent donators of the world

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 12K)

That's what ubo is for

Attached: Screenshot_20190624-145747_Firefox.jpg (1080x2032, 566K)

Exactly. And this is why Chrome on Android is utterly unusable.

>ask why browser crypto mining is bad
>explain why browser crypto mining is bad
>user gets butthurt
I'm going to continue to block ads and miners lel

Arguably it is the website operator who is stealing my battery life.

you're a moron if you think it would replace ads, spyware, and shilling. It would augment them.

I block ads, cryptominers, and pretty much everything else. If that means you can't make money, well, that's your problem. If you don't like the idea of running a site without making a profit, then shut down the site. Companies go out of business all the time when they find they can't make money, why should yours be any different?

> He is unironically a phone poster
Though I have to admit that battery drainage is a solid objection; especially since the majoritarian common folk and poor people use mobile devices instead of desktop workstations.

Then let them build phones with solar panels on the battery cover. Also, power banks are already widely held and used.

Hey OP
Isn't it more agreeable to impregnate all the women of your family wife/gf Included and have them give birth on your face and force you to raise my kids out of your pocket?
It's far more agreeable to have parasites become the host and keep your weak genes from spreading.

Attached: 8EDAEAD7-9D54-4BEB-91B1-54EC27934FC4.jpg (400x399, 27K)

> I am an antisocial egocentric that shits on common weal

Then don't visit their websites, if battery capacity is so important and required thing for you.

still going go block ads, trackers, and cryptominers ;^)

If mass implemented browser mining proves to be more profitable and an more assured income, I don't see why it shouldn't replace ads.

The same reason why I refuse to ever pay for anything digital, or view ads to use something digital. The people who make those products can make infinite copies at zero costs, so me not paying them is not gonna hurt them. If they try to hide their stuff behind a paywall, Ill pirate it. If they try to make me view ads, I'll block them. Ditto for crypto miners.
It's honestly insufferable how entitled and parasitical people like you are OP. Just because you make something I want, doesn't mean you deserve to be paid for it.

So do I, but don't you appreciate the worthful web services you use, and therefore, are interested in a fair and (monetary) recompense and their wellbeing?

Because why would you make some money when you could make more money?

If you know any boomers (real ones, not the 30yo meme) ask them about how pay television got its start in the late 70s and early 80s. When they were trying to get the services off the ground and convince regulators to allow them, the pitch was that they'd be ad-free. Since, you know, they wouldn't need ads to make money with people paying a monthly access fee. Which would mean that their programs and news coverage and so on wouldn't be beholden to what advertisers found acceptable. Great, right?

So once cable TV had existed for a few years, they started thinking, well, if we added the ads back, on top of the monthly fee that people are now used to paying, well, by golly, we'd make even more money! Which is exactly what they did. The monthly fee didn't wind up replacing ads, it just augmented them. Viewers now get just as much - if not more - advertising as they do watching free-to-air broadcasts. There's just extra monetization on top of that. You can also see this today in news publications that have put up paywalls. You pay for the login, but once you log in, there's as much advertising and spyware on the site as there ever was.

There's exactly one way to get rid of ads and that's to make showing advertising no longer a viable way to make money. You could do that with widespread blocking - imagine if 95% of the internet ran UBO - or perhaps some kind of GDPR on steroids that makes targeted ads just too costly to use in terms of compliance and too risky if you slip up and run afoul of the regulator.

But with browser crypto mining, the end user doesn't experience annoyances other than higher power consumption. If they so insist on payment as a return, why wouldn't want you grant it them?

Of course I appreciate it. But not to the point where I'll risk allowing all js, ads, malware, trackers, and cryptominers at the risk of my own hardware and sensitive info. If a site can't sustain without relying on ads or cryptominers I don't give af if they shut down. The good thing about the internet is there is usually always another source.

Not him but why the fuck are the Jews entitled to the power that I pay for when people likely provide the same shit for free

I block js because pages load 10x faster. Even if I unblock it 3rd party js is still blocked. Why the fuck do you think I'd tolerate ads or this botnet?

> The advertising industry and website operators wouldn't introduce and acknowledge mining as a single solution and voluntarily dismiss JS b(l)o(a)tnet and therefore more potential monies
Well, my proposition was thought with in mind, but I guess I was too naive with that expectation.

> Crypto mining confirmed for no online a(i)ds alternative
/thread ;_;

I've used an illegal download site that had it.
It was really comfy: no ads, no popups, no waiting, just fast downloading of illegal content in exchange for some CPU cycles.

Unfortunately it got shut down.

That said, I would hate it if legal websites did it.

Yes, that is what patreon is for.

It's electricity theft

Internet-crowdfunding is done by keen people and enthusiasts from special subjects and fields, while I'm talking about website operators who provide services/goods of common interest.

Payment in exchange for content - as in a pay wall for example - is ineffective too because first it's impractical and inconvenient and second people (if not for necessity) won't pay for non-physical stuff anyways.

Do I honestly have to mention that the mining is done after one's consent?

>not being a egoist
How does if feel living not even for others but for made up ideological codes?

Just curious, what kind of scripts are you running on violentmonkey for mobile?

Linkify plus plus is really handy. It's saved me a lot of hassle copying and pasting links that aren't clickable on some times.

Attached: Screenshot_20190624-174657_Firefox.jpg (2074x864, 177K)

Any piece of software that runs on my machine without me knowing when its there and what it does I consider spyware.

On top of that, it eats system resources, along with the battery on a laptop for just a fraction of a penny
If you genuinely think your content is this good to be monetized (it's probably not) consider a paywall and keep it at that. Atleast people will know when sites are profiting off of them

> Ignoring and not taking heed of the butterfly and domino effect while living/existing inside a closed system
Enjoy your spit flavored burgers from pissed of restaurant staff resulting from them having to work min wage because you insist on free refills and a kidnapped and raped wife because she served as a vent for frustration, ignoramus

>Enjoy your spit flavored burgers from pissed of restaurant staff
they're getting automated away anyway

See

Attached: Consent Banner.jpg (546x509, 51K)

Sure, but not to the point of killing my battery, infecting my phone with malware, and redirecting my browser to sites that scream at me and break the back button so I can't go back to what I was trying to read.

I will continue blocking ads until the online ad industry gets its act together.