Tfw you park your plane at the mall to grab a quick bite before flying back home

>tfw you park your plane at the mall to grab a quick bite before flying back home

Attached: boeing-737-max-parking-lot.jpg (1600x854, 224K)

Realistically, what can boeing do with all those 737 maxes that are now unsellable because no airline wants to buy their death machines?

make them drones to carry bombs into Iran

>no airline wants to buy their death machines?
they just got an order for 200 more of the things you know. Airlines are cautious but they very much want both halves of the airliner duopoly in good health and actively competing with each other. The MCAS flaw was pretty bad but its hardly the first time that a model of jet airliners has had a bad design problem that caused crashes, and then had it fixed and returned to service.

Have us govt give away 737max vouchers instead of some of the generic lockheeb/boeing/other-domestic-company vouchers.

Attached: 8050e717df0fc9407c5635a7ef6913ac72071992b71f346508fdfebcc05e2a98.jpg (810x780, 59K)

I will buy one for million dollar.

>order for 200 more
This is already under investigation by trade regulators because it seems like Boeing offered price that's below cost of manufacture, which is illegal if the competitors can prove that this was done to cut down others' market share as to maintain market dominance.

This is basically my dream.
F150 is too small to compensate for my penis. I need something bigger. I have been thinking between 757 and A340.
Planes are technology by the way.

Why the fuck is it illegal to sell things at a loss?
That's their problem, not the governments.

Put the old engine back?

Monopoly laws. Large companies can take a temporary loss to kill off smaller competitors and then jack prices up later to make up the deficiency. And competitors can literally do nothing about it.

Because large companies with deep coffers can go into a new product segment and dump products at below cost until all their competitors go bankrupt then immediately jack up the price to whatever they want. This used to be pretty common place business practice until early 20th century when monopoly laws started specifically prohibiting this.

A340s are actually really cheap on the used market since no airline wants them anymore. Not for any safety reason though, its fuel economy. Airbus designed them not thinking that they'd loosen ETOPS rules, and that airlines wanting to fly across the Atlantic or Pacific would still use four-engine planes. Turns out that twinjets had gotten reliable enough - and could fly far enough with an engine out - that that wasn't the case, and the four-engine design made the thing really thirsty per seat-mile in an environment of rising fuel prices.

I'm tired to fined it, but some user said something like
>some sort of merger lead to management change
>new management fucked up and fired most experienced workforce
>proceeded to pursue short-term gains
>redesign "too expensive", just put bigger engines on
>737 MAX is now completely fucked design wise
>the retards tried to hide this via software
>didn't work
>no simply fix, would require significant redesign
They're fucked and they 100% deserve it.

Attached: haha-ns.webm (400x400, 67K)

>fuel economy
So basically they get regulated out of existence because emissions standards get stricter every year and suddenly you can't renew registration on your 10 year old planes/ships/trucks/whatever.

Do these regulators not realize how damaging it is to make new planes rather than keeping old ones working indefinitely?

Defeats the point

spbp
criminally underrated
/thread

no that ain't regulations, that's 100% airlines being self-interested. Fuel is their biggest expense after labor.

Aerospace fag here
Worked for Lockheed, GE, and now Boeing.
Reading your stupid fucking comments is hilarious.
It's a textbook example of the dunning Krueger effect.
Seriously, holy fuck, y'all are fucking retarded.
Why do you think reading a CNN article makes you an expert?

Attached: 1558594233462.jpg (1024x1024, 80K)

>being an engineer means I'm a finance major
oh

What the fuck are you on about?
Finance fags never leave their little office.

imagine if they were that serious about the US telecom market aswell...

bird shit

Attached: big bird on shit.webm (450x450, 283K)

t-the free market w-will self regulate
reeeeeeeeeee

I think that is not fuel economy, but maintenance. 2 extra engines = -2 extra shekels.
Fuel consumption was on level with 767 and 747, which was OK for some time.
A380, on the other hand, is complete failure in terms of efficiency, since nobody can find that many pax.
Nah. Emissions correlate with fuel efficiency.

They're regulations to keep the market free. Sounds contradictory, but a market where certain behaviors are permitted will eventually cannibalize itself.

t. commie!

>Takes off and immediately crashes, dentonating the bomb

lol

Attached: 2019-06-24 19_08_27-DPermadi77 sur Instagram _ Ze Planes! Ze Planes! #boeingfield #boeingseattle #b7 (472x594, 644K)

the placement of the engines in the max was such that the nose of the plane would naturally pitch up. that would lead to the plane stalling when the nose tipped up too much, killing the speed of the aircraft preventing it from generating enough lift. the MCAS was added to monitor the angle of attack sensors and automatically pitch the nose down to correct this. so, guess what happens when the system is reading a bad sensor and doesn't know - it thinks it needs to correct the angle of attack and does the needful like it was designed to and plunges the aircraft into a nosedive and the pilots have no idea wtf is going on because boeing didn't include training on this shit in the flight manual for some fucking reason

>because boeing didn't include training on this shit in the flight manual for some fucking reason
part of it was that they were just overconfident. part of it was that the whole selling point of the plane was that any pilot already certified on the 737 wouldn't need a new certification, which is expensive and time consuming. The idea was "Well, MCAS makes it fly just like previous 737s, so they can share a common type rating, and all you'll need is a quick refresher course for this variant"

It's like those unwanted new car lots, except with planes.

scrap parts for their new 737 maximum

Attached: doyounot.jpg (552x405, 31K)

In this case, it was regulations being reduced that made the A340 an unappealing choice - safety rules used to basically require 4 engine planes for trans-oceanic flights, but they realized two engine planes were just as safe. Said two engine planes are cheaper to fuel & maintain, so airlines don't want to use 4 engine ones like the A340.

and by "quick refresher course" they mean 20 minute tutorial video on an ipad in the taxi on the way to the airport

Attached: 1556850292758.jpg (2000x2800, 804K)

can she give me a quick 20-minute refresher course?

rebrand them, obviously.

boeing 838 ti

Wrong, it's a manual and it being viewable on a tablet means nothing.

It's a new certification, and in fact both crashes were with pilots that hadn't taken Boeing's training program (this is common, there are other companies that offer training on lots of planes).

The training manual wasn't the issue, the general lack of understanding about what MCAS in the industry was.

>hurrr
free markets inevitably lead to non free markets, because the winners of the free market will have the capital to buy the entire market. its literally just communism with gold paint

Damn, I used to live like a quarter of a mile from this until a few weeks ago.

of not killing people due to the fact that they outsourced their OS to pajeets?