How come americans have the blandest accents then any english-speaking country

how come americans have the blandest accents then any english-speaking country

Attached: fag.png (800x600, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mNeO5a5tM4s
todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/08/why-british-singers-lose-their-accent-when-singing/
telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopmusic/11720137/Why-you-put-on-an-American-accent-when-you-sing.html
thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/why-do-british-singers-sound-american
theconversation.com/why-so-many-singers-sound-american-but-british-grime-artists-are-bucking-the-trend-72328
twitter.com/AnonBabble

idk probably the anglos spoke that way when they came to jewmericunt

AAAAAAAaaaaaaayayyyyyyyyyyyy I'm walkin' ayere.

Attached: new-jersey.png (625x625, 8K)

thats new york idiot

and all of north east jersey

there's a difference

it's probably because I live in MD and there's no accents at all

Now that depends on which state you're talking about.

Depends on what accent you're talking about. South has it's own and New York does too. I'm sure the midwest has one too due to its overwhelming Germanic origins.

>he doesn't have a southern accent
stupid yankee

Boston accent...
Fwohkken cawksukkah

>lives in MD
>happens to be one of the few states in the northeast to not have an accent

Does Maryland even have an accent? I don't even know

Some of your accents aren't so bad

There is

Attached: accent.png (528x364, 20K)

>>FKfGF9wo

>mfw when i live in frederick like 4 counties away from any accents

Attached: frederick.png (800x623, 188K)

It could be worse user, you could live in NJ like me. Here no one speaks right and everyone sounds retarded

Whaaaaaaaaaaa'? BOOOOOYYYYYY, EYE'LL 'AAVE U KNOOW TH' WEE SUTH'RNERS ARR JUS' PLUM INTURESDIN' FOWLKS.
YER TH' ONES TH'T ARR BLAN' AN' BORIN'

Attached: 3658.png (200x228, 39K)

I hate my accent so much that I'm purposely learning the American one so I can sound more normal.
>Inb4 kiwi accent
It's not. It a hybrid between British, American, and kiwi. People sometimes make fun of me and confusingly ask where I'm from because it sounds that weird.

Attached: 1519515738507.png (500x500, 170K)

god i wish I can have a fucking accent, because no one has an accent here. if I say oi or mate I get shit on

Most Americans have accents that aren’t completely obnoxious. All British accents are insufferable, and oceanic accents and similarly hard to listen to.

I have a retarded bastardization of an Irish accent and I would've given anything to grow up with an American one. I try my best to have an American one but sometimes it still comes out and reminds me of my potato speak. don't feel so bad about your bland accent m8

Attached: 1470828311102.png (680x484, 392K)

bro i'd kill for a goddamn irish accent. And it's funny how americans would want other country's accents, but other countries would want american accents

Irish is cool, but Scottish is pure badassery

Does the midwest have accents because i can't tell.

Attached: 1545283708170.jpg (763x809, 141K)

Better bland than being non-black and speaking "ebonics"

pewdiepie went from swedish accent to pure american accent
srsly tho
do you think he voice sounds bad these days?

I really don't see why it matters.
putting on airs?
I bet most could learn a different accent if they practice.
atleast American is clear sounding and easiest to understand probably.

Attached: pewdeepie.png (392x619, 336K)

Can confirm. Learned british accent from watching british sitcoms from the 70s and now i can't go back to that original eastern fuck shit.

it's the accent nearest to whatever "the mean" is for english, phonetically and linguistically speaking.
that's the reason why britbong singers sound american when they sing, unless they're forcing themselves to keep their regional accent. take a listen here. do these slags sound british to you?
youtube.com/watch?v=mNeO5a5tM4s

todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/08/why-british-singers-lose-their-accent-when-singing/
telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopmusic/11720137/Why-you-put-on-an-American-accent-when-you-sing.html
thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/why-do-british-singers-sound-american
theconversation.com/why-so-many-singers-sound-american-but-british-grime-artists-are-bucking-the-trend-72328

>For the specific details, we’ll turn to linguist and author, David Crystal, from Northern Ireland. According to Crystal, a song’s melody cancels out the intonations of speech, followed by the beat of the music cancelling out the rhythm of speech. Once this takes place, singers are forced to stress syllables as they are accented in the music, which forces singers to elongate their vowels. Singers who speak with an accent, but sing it without, aren’t trying to throw their voice to be deceptive or to appeal to a different market; they are simply singing in a way that naturally comes easiest, which happens to be a more neutral way of speaking, which also just so happens to be the core of what many people consider an “American” accent.

>In singing, syllables are lengthened, air flow is increased, articulation is less precise. Thus we get a more generic, neutralised accent that happens to share features with American varieties of English.

nz accents themselves are pretty bad
but if you talk like an american in nz everyone will make fun of you and beat you up

No one from Monmouth County speaks like that!

Attached: aqua202.gif (498x280, 846K)

honestly his former accent was pretty sexy. only redeemable thing from his older videos aside from his cute scandinavian mug